Guys would it bother you if she's taller than you?

bebeblondie

So Saturday night I had first date with someone I met on a dating site. The guy seemed pretty into me (but you never know), I am pretty tall for a girl ( 5"8 ) and was wearing heels which shot me up to about 5'10. The guy was a bit on the shorter side ( 5"8 ), which doesn't bother me. However when we were walking out of the restaurant he said "oh you're a lot taller than i thought you were" so I said "I'm 5'8 but I'm wearing heels", so he said "no that's fine" (whatever that meant). But I still got the feeling that my being taller bothered him, which kinda offended me since I felt I'm not abnormally or freakishly tall and usually men like my height. So my question is to the guys, would it bother you if a woman you found attractive was taller than you?

BTW my height is stated on my dating profile

I like it for my woman to be shorter than me. My gf is your height I think, maybe slightly shorter... 5'7/5'8. I am 6'/6'1. When she wears heels we look the same height almost. I don't mind it, but if she looked taller than me, I wouldn't particularly like it to be honest. I wouldn't date a girl that is taller than me. I just don't find it attractive.. don't know what it is about it. Maybe it's that feeling of wanting to be a protector.

I like it for my woman to be shorter than me. My gf is your height I think' date=' maybe slightly shorter... 5'7/5'8. I am 6'/6'1. When she wears heels we look the same height almost. I don't mind it, but if she looked taller than me, I wouldn't particularly like it to be honest. I wouldn't date a girl that is taller than me. I just don't find it attractive.. don't know what it is about it. Maybe it's that feeling of wanting to be a protector.[/quote']

I understand where you are coming from but given your height you are considered to be a tall guy, so a girl taller than you would be really tall. But for a guy who is 5"8 which is on the shorter side for a man, wouldn't you expect that a lot of the women you would meet would be your height or taller? And btw I am his height without heels, but on the date I was wearing heels which did make me taller.

I guess everyone feels differently about it, I've just never been called out on my height by a guy before...if anything I was always complemented on it, but then again most of the guys I've dated were taller than me.

5'8" actually isn't on the shorter side. It's average(at least, in my part of the world).

I'm 6' so I'm used to guys being shorter than me, my height at best for the most part. And for the taller ones I've dated(like 6'4"+), they really liked it. But again, there's some extra tall guys like that who want a petite lady, like in the 5' range, give or take a couple inches. Says it makes them feel "manly".

Yeah, it's weird if a girl is taller than me, but I am 6'5. I like girls in the 5'10-6ft range. They are the perfect height to hug and kiss. I actually don't even date girls who are shorter than 5'8 because I start feeling like they are too small, but I don't think most guys have my, shall we say, perspective.

It would be sterotypically awkward for a male, at first. But as for myself it would not be a huge deal. Plus you said without heels on you both would be 5'8, so I would not dwell on the height differential to much because I do not believe it is going to make or break a date or situation.

It's funny because when I walked in, I guess he didnt notice how tall I was and then the rest of the night we were seated so again he didn't notice my height until we walked out together. During the date he seemed to be attracted to me, telling me I was a good looking girl and things like that, so it would be weird if the height thing was a deal breaker.

Him saying that doesn't mean he isn't attracted to you.

He might have not even noticed your height till you stood next to him, so he made the comment. It doesn't mean he has a problem with it.

I am 5'7 and I would have no problem dating a woman taller than me. I have no problems with my height.

If a guy does, then he probably has some insecurity about his height.

I like it for my woman to be shorter than me. My gf is your height I think' date=' maybe slightly shorter... 5'7/5'8. I am 6'/6'1. When she wears heels we look the same height almost. I don't mind it, but if she looked taller than me, I wouldn't particularly like it to be honest. I wouldn't date a girl that is taller than me. I just don't find it attractive.. don't know what it is about it. Maybe it's that feeling of wanting to be a protector.[/quote']

Even if that were a primal emotion on some level, which is debatable, it's one of those things that you think a person would be able to overcome. In this day and age being a "protector" has little to no relevancy.

I've heard from horses mouths that it makes them feel less masculine and more feminine for a woman to be the taller one.

I'm sorry, I don't see it. I don't see how someone's masculinity can be threatened by a height difference.

I don't how his masculinity could have really been threatend even if I am a bit taller, he was still bigger than me, he's an ex-football player so he's pretty stocky, that's why I'm just not buying the masculinity thing...maybe I could see it if he was a bit scrawny or something, but he's a pretty built guy.

Im not a guy so I can't speak for them. But it usually bothers women ( if they're taller than their man).

My bf is 5'8 and he says he likes it for her woman to be shorter than him. ( I'm 5'3).

I guess it's just a feeling they get by being "taller".

Any anyways, you were wearing high heels. So in reality , you guys are the same height.

Also, my brother and his wide are the same height. He actually likes it.

Even if that were a primal emotion on some level, which is debatable, it's one of those things that you think a person would be able to overcome. In this day and age being a "protector" has little to no relevancy.

Well yeah... it is not a deal breaker. My gf is 5'8. If she was 6' though... or taller... then it just looks weird. Not because of them being taller than me. I just don't find really tall girls attractive...

It's probably not relevant like it once was but I think wanting to be a protector is there in some form or another. Obviously I don't think height has much to do with it though.

I always have to tell this funny story when i see threads like this.

I am a tall woman (almost 5'10") and am used to shorter American men being a bit squeamish if women are taller than they are (mostly an ego thing on their part).

But i went to a dance that was full of Europeans, and a VERY short man asked me to dance, so short the top of his head was barely over bazoomba level yet he still asked me to dance... i was very surprized and he said, 'ah, stupid americans, they think they are big men when they are bigger than a small women, but in my country we show we are big men because we are able to CONQUER a tall woman'...

Loved the guy's spirit and attitude... LOL!! And you do see a lot more 'mismatched' couples in some cultures than others, where the ideas of height/masculinity/femininity are not so tightly coupled.

My own experience is that most men who have trouble with a tall woman are those who either lack confidence themselves or else feel inadequate in their own height... i've spent my life with short men rocking up on their toes when they're standing next to me.. that is ALWAYS a sign they are not happy with their own height, if they are uncomfortable standing next to me try to be taller than me by trying to 'adjust' their own height by how they stand. Even men i'm not dating do it if they are self conscious about their own height. Personally, i couldn't care less.

Hahaha, great story.

Yes, there is something really beautiful about tall women. I get my jollies a bit more with a girl I can toss around a bit (in a good way), but the allure of a tall woman is something else, sort of like a challenge that brings out more masculinity in me. I know that sounds stupid, but I actually notice I act a little "tougher" around cute tall girls.

Btw you arent that tall, that dude was just caught off guard in the image he was building up of himself and you together.

People unconsciously equate size with power. I like tall women, but more often than not (almost never), they do not give me any of the opening signals. Eh, we are all still animals, but thats ok. )

Archived