ever think about your first love still?

luvsomeone333

I think people who keep living in the past by continuing to put so much emphasis on the "first love" are just as ridiculous as people who, as mature adults, keep re-living high school, or keep blaming their parents for everything that is going wrong in their life. The past is the past and should not be front and centre in a person's mind.

I still think about my first love when we were both 15. I don't think about it everyday, but every now and then. I am 64 years old now. I am in my third marriage currently. I have researched and found information about my first love on the internet and I know that he is currently married. I don't want to be with him. One thing I learned is that he has not paid his taxes to IRS, and I imagine the State of California either. It does not surprise me because even when he was only 15 he told me that his father did not believe in paying taxes and he did not believe in paying taxes. That issue would have been a source of contention between the two of us had we married because I would insist that we paid taxes. He owes almost 2 million dollars to IRS. We met in a Spanish class in the 10th grade and my teacher pulled me aside to tell me that I should marry him because he was so inteliigent. She said he would make a lot of money one day, and she was correct. But not pay taxes!! Do I still love him? Yes, there will always be a place in my heart for Mark. However, we were not compatible on this important issue. I feel sorry for his wife because they recently lost their million dollar home and the IRS was able to collect some of the taxes.

Anyway, I love my current husband.

I think memories and nostaligia are part of the human condition. I would imagine most people have passing thoughts about their first love occasionally. They might be brought on by hearing an old song, seeing an old photo, etc. I do agree that if these thoughts from the past are "front and center" in a person's mind, and consume a lot of time and energy, that is a whole other situation and there is probably more to it.

I think memories and nostaligia are part of the human condition. I would imagine most people have passing thoughts about their first love occasionally. They might be brought on by hearing an old song, seeing an old photo, etc. I do agree that if these thoughts from the past are "front and center" in a person's mind, and consume a lot of time and energy, that is a whole other situation and there is probably more to it.

Yup.

For me it's a couple specific times of year.

Spring when the violets bloom.

Perseid meteor shower in August.

But it's just a passing thought...a sweet old memory...and a sending of good thoughts to him out into the Universe.

My first boyfriend added me on facebook last year. I went through is pictures because I was curious, and I briefly had a thought about how attractive his smile is (my favorite feature on him), and it was quickly followed with remembering all the things I couldn't stand about him. >_>

On occasions, my first love will come to mind, but it's mostly thoughts of how much he's hurt me. I've come to terms with it, and although he will always be remembered, that's all there will be to it.

At this place in time, I am the happiest I'd ever been. I finally met someone who I truly love, and I can't imagine being with anyone else.

My first love comes to mind sometimes. We were still sort of friends up until a couple of months ago, when we had a bit of a row. I often wonder how he is and whether he still thinks of me on occasion. Our breakup was mutual so I think very fondly of him still and can recall a lot of good memories. However, I do recognise that the past is past and I don't feel any other emotion for him anymore other than friendly feelings. I don't think he's attractive, don't love him, don't miss him, don't want to get back together with him. Fairly indifferent really. The person I was when I was with him is completely different to the person that I am now.

I do also think of my second love on occasion too. I was dumped so I am not completely confident enough to say that I am 100% over him but I am getting there. The predominant emotions I get when my mind flits to him are bittersweet, regret, hurt and confusion. I do however also recognise that it is in the past and have made a clear choice not to dwell on my counter-productive emotions for him anymore. I think that with time, my feelings will fade as I also forget about everything that happened with him. I am thankful that he came into my life but also sad and disappointed that he did not live up to my expectations... and my expectations were very low. But yeah, past is past. That part of my life, too, is over and I will never see him ever again.

Archived