ladies i have a period question

ferna3069

ok so i asked a question a little while ago. but no one answerd because it was to long. so im going to ask it in peaces. this one is about the period.

ok so my ex girlfriends mom told me off. she told me that i tod her daughter that she smelled like fish and that i have two sisters and never smelled it on any one.

ok so my ex and i where cuddling one day. it started to smell like fish. i did not want to sound mean but i told her. i said it smells fishy. she told me im on my period and i dont have a pad on. ok well she whent to the bathroom it took her five minutes at the most she came out and the smell was gone. my ex did not even act like this offended her.

so my question is. if your be told you that it smelled fishy would you of tooken it so offensive? i did not want to sound mean but i mean the smell was bad. i told her when there was no one around. it was just me and her. it wasnt like it was in public it was at her house. i really need to know. i did not make fun of her. but i guess i should just of ignored it.and for the ones that wonder. all i told her is it smelled fishy. i did not say it smells bad. but i guess it means the same thing

Do you mean that she smelled like body odor, she smelled like seafood, or smelled weird? The word "fishy" can have different meanings. Yes, if I wasn't fishing or mucking out a pond and I was cuddling with a guy, I would be a bit taken aback or weirded out or offended if he told me I smelled fishy. If you can smell that a girl is on her period, etc., then you have a bionic nose. saying that you smell something and aren't sure what it is, is a different case.

You really smelled her? I've never been able to smell another girl's vagina unless it was close to my face. That's odd to me.

But if I were in that situation, I would have quietly taken her aside so that I could tell her about it in privacy. I think talking about it for everyone else to hear is a little bit rude, and not to mention awkward for everyone else.

Periods aren't the only reason someone might smell down there. Poor hygeine is one good cause, another would be a vaginal infection.

yes, but it usually doesn't disappear when a lady briefly excuses herself and comes immediately back...would it? she would have had to have taken a complete shower if it was just BO

You really smelled her? I've never been able to smell another girl's vagina unless it was close to my face. That's odd to me.

But if I were in that situation, I would have quietly taken her aside so that I could tell her about it in privacy. I think talking about it for everyone else to hear is a little bit rude, and not to mention awkward for everyone else.

thats the thing do it was just me and her. no one else was in the room. i did not want to sound rude but it smelled. it was actualy a real bad smell. it was real strong. but i mean she told me i smelled before. i told her when we met that im honest. im not trying to use excuses but she did.and it wasnt body order. not that i went to smell her vigina. but she told me she was in her period. her mom got so mad at me because of that. so am i suppose to stay quiet if some one has an order?

well to be honest it smelled like dead fish. i wasnt trying to be mean. but i never smelled it on any one before. so like i said i just said. it smells fishy. i did not make fun of her. or told any one about it. her mom actualy told me to come clean with my family because i was so mean about it. but like i said its not like i whent ahead and said anything like. omg what is that smell.

well to be honest it smelled like dead fish. i wasnt trying to be mean. but i never smelled it on any one before. so like i said i just said. it smells fishy. i did not make fun of her. or told any one about it. her mom actualy told me to come clean with my family because i was so mean about it. but like i said its not like i whent ahead and said anything like. omg what is that smell.

Her mom wants you to tell your family? What a nutcase.....

mom~ "Now listen young man, I demand you go and tell your family that you told my daughter she smelled like fish" LMAO.....

Her mom wants you to tell your family? What a nutcase.....

mom~ "Now listen young man, I demand you go and tell your family that you told my daughter she smelled like fish" LMAO.....

jaja that made me smile. but yeah her mom told me. she said (my name here) stop tryin to say you did everything right . you where the one that treated my daughter bad. you told her she smelled like fish and that you have two sisters and a mom and that you never smelled it on them before. women have periods its normal. some of them have an order but you did not have to tell her anything. so come clean with your family and tell them what you did.

so should i stop kicking myself for this? should i change this part of my personality? i mean im not the kind of person that if some one smells i would say it infront of every one. nor would i make fun of them. because she had smelled before. but if people are there i wait. maybe i should just keep my mouth shut next time

I don't really think you did anything wrong. I find it funny that a girl her age went running to her mother about it. If she were 12 I would understand... but not in her twenties. It would be embarrassing but I would want to know that I smelled. Maybe she got offended about the part where you said you've never smelled it on your mother and sisters before, therefore she thought you were implying that it's not normal but other than that I can't think see why she got that upset about it.

It can depend on how often someone changes their pad too. I can't use tampons, so I always have to use pads. I try to change them as often as possible, because it's disgusting to be sitting in that filth, but not only that it does start to stink when it's been there awhile. When I am at work I change it at every break, so every two hours and at home when I am alone every few hours. It's something I've noticed in the mornings though after sleeping for 8+ hours.

So if she uses pads I am thinking it was a while since she had changed it because it shouldn't smell if it's a fresh pad.

I also think you should tell your family, not to come clean but because it's a funny story... my family would get a kick out of that if one of the men told his girlfriend she stunk, and she ran to tell her mom about it.

Like it or not, it's part of the brain's message that says to you "I'm Female". It's usually so subtle, we hardly notice it, but a dog's keener olefactory senses are pretty flamin' obvious when he "goes for the crotch....(ha). When things are out of balance as they'll happen, it becomes harder to ignore and aren't so subtle as usual.

There's lots of things in human sexuality messages that turn us on we don't even have a clue how or why, it just happens as if primeveal (body language/non-verbal communication as another for example). Learn to like it...cause you're human too!!!

thats the thing though she wasnt wearing a pad.to be honest on this post i was expectin every one calling me a jerk and telling me how insensitive i am. i did not expect the response every game me. which pretty much was that i did nothing wrong. and for the running to her mom thing. she actualy did run to her mom. im not trying to be mean but i guess she was to emotional at times

There is nothing you did wrong when you told her about her odor. The fact that you say it smelled like DEAD fish is something of concern tho. Yes women can have a more pungent smell during periods, but a dead fish smell is generally reserved for vaginal infections or a pretty long time of not washing while on a period or in general... but especially while on a period and using pads. Sometimes pads are scented by the manufacturer and that scent mixed with a woman's natural scent is kind of strange and fishy, but DEAD fish? That seems somewhat extreme... I suppose it could also happen tho if you two are having a lot of sex very frequently and she is not washing afterward. But again DEAD fish? usually when something smells dead its either, um, DEAD or sickly somehow. Just sayin.

well i did not tell my ex it smells like dead fish. i told her it smells kinda fishy. on the thread some one asked me what kind of smell it was. so i said like dead fish. i mean the order was real strong. but i did not tell my ex thatl i just wanted her to know that it smelled. but i did not know how to tell her

thats the thing though she wasnt wearing a pad.to be honest on this post i was expectin every one calling me a jerk and telling me how insensitive i am. i did not expect the response every game me. which pretty much was that i did nothing wrong. and for the running to her mom thing. she actualy did run to her mom. im not trying to be mean but i guess she was to emotional at times
So either she had just gotten her period, and didn't realize... which I don't really know how it happens, but I've heard it does. I always know because I feel it. Or something else was wrong down there. If she was wearing a tampon, then you shouldn't have been able to smell it. But you're not a jerk. If you two had been around a lot of people and you told her she smelled fishy, then yeah, but you weren't. So she just overreacted, and is too sensitive.

When I was in High School, I actually did have a smell problem once and the guy beside my locker noticed. I hadn't had time all day to change my pad, so it was an old one. So he said something about it loudly to his friend, so that was embarrassing. However, I told no one about it. I got a pad out of my locker and risked being late for class just to change it. I didn't tell my mom, my sister, or anyone because it was embarrassing. This was when I was in the ninth grade and it was at the beginning of the year. So I was mortified that this happened at the beginning of my High School career. So that guy was being a jerk, but I handled it just okay. I most certainly didn't go whining to people about it.

First thing, I want to give you a congrats on being brave enough to tell her. Sometimes, it's even hard for me to tell my friends that they smell kind of weird because they were on their period.

And, honestly, I would have been offended if someone had told me that, but I would also be glad they told me. That way, I could fix it, and not let anyone else know that I smelled bad.

thanks for the answer. i just feel like a jerk you know. im not the type of guy who would ever try to harm the ladies. i never hit her, or called her names. i wasnt abusive. i never look at the little things in a girl wether its weight or something in there face that bothers them. i like at the persons personality and thats how i fall for them.kinda when she asked me that she feels like shes to big. i told her no your perfect the way you are. and i love you. i play around make jokes. but never ever about there body. or about them. i thought the smell wasnt a bad idea to tell her .because its something that you can just take away.

Archived