Why would a guy hide his facebook wall from me?

ladeedah

Why would a guy who likes a girl all of a sudden hide his facebook wall from her? I am baffled. This guy friend/crush and i are slowly getting back on track to friendship after many months of awkwardness and tension due to his having done something that really hurt and disrespected me. The past couple of weeks i have softened a bit and been a bbit more friendly but nowhere near the way i used to be around him. Frineds told me he was really upset during the time i was mad at him. Now that i finally feel we are sort of friends again, he goes and hides his facebook wall! What gives? Why would he do that? Its not like i ever write on his wall anyways. anyone have a clue?

Its just weird that the whole time i was giving him the cold shoulder he didnt do that. Now that i finally softened up because he keeps hanging around me so that i could talk to him he blocks me? I think you are right about the game playing. His "game playing" is what got him the cold shoulder in the first place. Maybe its time to go back to freezing him out again. Does he think that it makes him mysterious and will "peak my curiosity" or something?

Pretty much. Men are forever told that in order to get a woman interested, you have to play games and make yourself hard to get otherwise you fall in the "friend zone"(You should see the topic I posted) and then she'll never sleep with you, etc, etc.

So my guess is that he could very well be playing around with you to get you to react.

Any chance he got rid of his wall? Some people do that and the setting applies for everyone on their friends list. They just choose not to have a wall because it can cause too much drama etc.

My thought exactly. A few of my friends did this, they just don't have their wall on there at all, not because of anyone in particular just because they don't want to use it.

A guy I had dated and then gotten into an argument with did this to me. He friended me when we weren't talking for a few weeks. Then when he didn't elicit the response he wanted (he expected me to apologize to him when he acted like a douchebag but I said nothing), he blocked me from writing on his wall. As if I were going to write anything to begin with.

It's a game. He wants to see if he can get a reaction out of you. He wants your attention cos there's something wrong with him. Seriously, it's really really stupid and makes no sense to a normal person but perhaps to children and the emotionally disturbed.

If I were you, I would not react AT ALL other than to unfriend him quietly and block him. No reason to let this guy reach out to you again for round 3 of games and bull * * * * .

If he disrespected you and hurt you in the past, it's not surprising he'd do it again. If he's doing it to "peak your curiosity" it's working! You're sitting around wondering, writing about it, talking to friends about it....probably that's exactly why he did it. (For the reaction/satisfaction of knowing there would be a reaction).

Thanks guys. I am not going to bloxk or unfriend him b/c that is exactly what he wants - a reaction. Apparently he is so desperate to keep some kind of dynamic between us even if it is by negative attention. I will simply put my wall back up and avoid/cold shoulder him when i see him. No more nice ladeedah. He lost his chance. I don't want to givehim the satisfaction of even knowing i looke d on his profile!

• 1 month later...

Okay so I've been hanging out with this guy. We started off as being friendly. I felt like I could be myself around him. We've hung out at his house..we've talked and hung out on his rooftop. He's kissed me and has not tried to go past that. I just saw his facebook and realized that his tagged photos private and he deleted his "wall." You can only see who hes friends with and his statuses. I saw a girl comment on his status: "WHy did you delete your wall? I was going to say call me but now this is all youre going to get?" So Im wondering...is he tryin to hide something? It seems like a lot of girls write on his wall..but I thought guys liked ths type of attention..so can someone please help me out?!

• 9 years later...
On 1/23/2011 at 12:20 AM, ladeedah said:

many months of awkwardness and tension due to his having done something that really hurt and disrespected me.

I would say this is the reason.. it's just not the same between you guys anymore :(.. sad.

But I've been there with a few too... One guy I knew for a while never even added me as a 'friend', but we did speak on occasion on messenger.

You just have to accept what he's done is by choice.. can you handle it?

If it bothers you too much.. maybe don't look to him for much anymore.

3 hours ago, Cheri336 said:

The same is happening to me. This guy and I have been hanging out and talking since March and all of a sudden he hide his fb wall from me. But, did not delete me. He also stop talking to me. 

You can start your own topic. This thread is 11 years old.

7 hours ago, Cheri336 said:

The same is happening to me. This guy and I have been hanging out and talking since March and all of a sudden he hide his fb wall from me. But, did not delete me. He also stop talking to me. 

3 hours ago, SooSad33 said:

I would say this is the reason.. it's just not the same between you guys anymore :(.. sad.

You guys realize you're responding to a 10-year-old thread?

Archived