Iam disappointed that I'm not over it yet.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
that works for guys too.

we have way more options,i know that. that's why it's called "who's the MAN in the house?" and never "who's the WOMEN in the house?"

ROFLMAO.. I know us guys are the chaser and hunters we have options.. just linken it to more when in a rel, guys are at least me when im in a good rel, im comfy and i have no reason to leave.. weres girls see she found someone good and she will be like what more can i find.. and they know if they leave there will be guys waiting in line to be with them, so it makes it easier for them..

but till they dont find what there looking for is when they might relize what they had was great..

SA2000, I'm sorry u struggling so much right now, 2 weeks of NC is a great accomplishment and it will get better if you stick to it... The longest I've been NC is 2 weeks and I always give up cus I let my thoughts distract me, and then later I regret it so much because I know I'd be farther in my healing process if I had stayed strong... So as hard as it feels right now, hang int here, it'll get better!

Thanks Rosario. I am never the one to break NC so that is an accomplishment in itself. She is always the one to reach out. I always respond. I don't know what sign or whatever that I am waiting for though. It seems like as time goes on I get more nostalgic and miss the fun we had. I just came accross a video of when we went to Jamaica. She is the only person I have ever brought to meet my family there. It seems like in the last week I have been having more and more reminders of her just randomly pop up. I don't want to be thinking about her all of the time but then Ill see something that is a really happy memory. Its like all of the bad gets washed away when I see that sort of stuff.

Then I start to think of our last conversation. She said that she had been trying to tell me that she wanted to work things out but that I didn't seem interested. I told her that that wasn't the case but that she never backs anything she says up. We have had terrible communication over the last few months and it seems as though it is possible that we really want the same things. Maybe we just aren't being clear enough as to what our expectations are. Last time we tried though we were no where near ready and it failed horribly. We got back together and everything went right back to where it was. Obviously we were not happy. After a month she said the spark was gone and that she wanted to be single again. I said OK and moved back out. Only to move back in a few months later. Then she broke up with me around 4 months after that. That was it for me. I was sick of being broken up with because she was confused. I wanted her to take real time to see what she wanted. If it was me then she would know for sure.

Now I feel as though we have taken real time. We both have dated other people. Maybe she is at home thinking about me and missing me the same way I am missing her. Maybe all she wants is to have her best friend back but every time she tries I say OK but then don't do anything to show that I am serious. She told me in December that she wanted to try again. I didn't take her seriously because within the next few days everything was the same. Maybe she is wondering why I never call her. But I don't want to go through all of that emotionally again. If she reaches out and says she is serious about trying again (which I doubt at this point) I will have to clearly spell out my expectations. Its not fair if neither of us know what the other person is expecting of them. Its as though I am waiting for her to do specific things and maybe she is waiting for me to do the same. I would hate for that to be the reason we end up going separate ways. I honestly believe we were supposed to go through this. That we are one of those couples that just belongs together and that if we were to get back together at some point we would realize that we need to appreciate what we have every day.

Maybe I am wrong and this is all just wishful thinking. We both needed to change. I am making those changes in my life. I have no idea how she feels. Time will tell.

Ah. I love writing here. It totally helps me clear my head. I feel way better now. I think I am trying to force everything. I am trying to force myself to move on. I am trying to force myself to be over my ex. I am trying to force myself to date. I am trying to force myself to go out with my buddies. Usually when I just let go and let things be what they are life works out a whole lot better. When I force it things are usually not the way I would like them to be. I need to get back to just being me and letting life go the way its supposed to go. Its like the scene in fight club where Tyler is driving and just lets the wheel go. Thats how I feel I need to be mentally. Enjoy life as it is. Not how it was. Stop trying so damn hard. Thats when things work out really well for me.

I hear you. Not sure why but I had a rough weekend. I am moving on though. I know what I need in life and how to proceed. Although I go through these low points I am moving forward. Soon I will be over this all and feeling a lot better. It just takes some time.

I'm trying to focus on other things but it seems like my mind always drifts back. I think more about how things were as aposed to how they are or how they would be. Then I start to think about the last year and how things would be if we were to get back together. Yeah. Would NOT work out. The last few times I've seen her she at one point or another would just start crying. I think this is her realizing that she ruined all that we had going for so long. Our problems were not that bad. Honestly we had a ton in common, beaver really fought, and were only in a rut because we needed a vacation. Man. She really * * * * ed up. That was unnecessary.

she really f..d up ,but she's still the one for you?

vacation or not,that's only your point of view, who knows how she looks at things(you know women and their weird minds)

SA bro,why can't you get yourself together man? you're 30 years old but act worse than a teenage girl sometimes.

i feel so bad when i see people going through this kind of pain.

i cried lot of times(me macho man etc) ,even if i was the dumper,it hurts man,it really does,and i understand your struggles.

sometimes it's things like this that make us appreciate and cherish future ones.

it's much easier keeping something whole than try to fix broken things.

you f..d up,she f..d up,that's it,no more.

i had the same situation,lots of things could have been done better,but that's why it's called live and learn.

i had to let her go,too much damage was done from both parts,and fixing them was just not worth the energy anymore.

too much is too much sometimes,we cant just reset and start again like a computer,were not robots,and that's what makes us special.

i hope she wont come knocking at your door and end up like Kid.

She's already come knocking a few times. I usually just brush it off. Shell call or text for a few days and then it'll be back to not speaking. We've been broken up for 6 months and at just over 2 weeks we are at the longest NC point.

As far as my attitude or actions you have to understand that what I post here is in relation to what I'm thinking at the time. It in no way reflects my outward actions in life. In real life I avoid places where she might go and don't mention her very often. I ask people not to tell me about her and live as though I'm completely content. I may post here that I'm having a hard time but if you knew me you'd never know what was going on in my head. I'm just as chill as always.

I think I'm having more difficulty this time around is because it just seems more real. It seems like we are saying goodbye and I don't know her anymore. Also it feels as though I am darting to move on which I am trying to fight for some reason or another. I will always miss the person she was when I met her before she compromised all that I was so attracted to but now when I think of being with her again I only think of how ot would fail. How I am so much better off finding someone new and starting fresh. I still have a little more work to do on myself but I am heading in the right direction. I can see the light ahead. Even if I stumble along the way.

Oh I'm feeling better already. I don't know where these little setbacks come from but it seems like once they pass I feel great again. The less I stress a situation the better it gets. I've been putting too much pressure on my love life. I just have to let it be whatever it is. It's always figured itself out. When I try too hard at anything it never goes the way I want. When I relax it always works out better then I expected.

I think I am going to go back to being a playboy for a few years. Maybe 2 or 3. I have like 4 girls that are interested in me that I am not in love with but could be fun to hang with from time to time. Nothing serious. The whole relationship thing didnt really work for me. I would like to have a family at some point or whatever but probably wont be ready for a while. Might as well have some fun in the meanwhile right?

Archived