Having back surgery today

Ug....

What a NIGHTMARE. What was SUPPOSED to be just an over night stay turned out to be almost a 3 night stay...I was able to be discharged at the last minute on the 3rd night because I begged.

I ended up BACK in the ER last night with SWOLLEN legs the size of LOGS, and my catheter not working. Typical ER Bull shiat. They make you wait forever, then tell you "it's just normal side effects, and, oh, by the way, your catheter that wasn't flowing for 3 hours before, is flowing just fine now. Have a good night!" *SLAP*

I am in a LOT of pain, and have to use a WALKER in order to walk. NO ONE told me this prior to my surgery.

This was MUCH more than I bargained for.

The pains meds don't touch the pain. The Catheter works on and off. I am not sleeping at night...I wake up either in a panic or in a soaking sweat. I have a cough that will not quit.

*Sigh*

Thanks for all your prayers and well wishes. Truly, they mean a lot to me...

Love to all...

~Allie

Thanks to all who have replied. I have not been on here much.

Since being discharged from this Hospital last Saturday (a week ago today) I was BACK in the ER on Sunday, been to the Dr. on Tuesday and Friday.

I KNOW everyone has problems, but my PLATE is overflowing. NEVER did I think life would turn out this way. NEVER.

I am quick to fall into self pity, so I have to be careful of that. But I can bear no more.

My cat is dying before my eyes...I cannot give him what the needs now, because I can barely take care of myself. It's heart wrentching. I would rather suffer than watch and listen to him suffer.

The Lord is full of Mercy and I have to remember that. I have to focus on that.

I love what Jeen wrote...so beautiful.

Again...thanks so ALL who responded. It's AMAZING to me the number of friends you can have who you have NEVER even met in real life.

I love you all...

~Allie

Can the boyfriend help give the kitty his meds?

Are you being taken care of hon?

Yeah...he's being good to me Metro. But no...he cannot give my kitty his meds. Only I can do that, and, that is the only way I would want it. No matter what my physical condition, I WILL take care of my little guy right up until the very sad end...

I've got to read this thread from the beginning, as I've been grappling with a lot, too...

But just wanted to add my voice to those who are lovin' on you and sending you every prayer and warm hug. I'm sorry to hear about your kitty, too. But he has the very best momma ever. Keep hanging in there, as you always do...we are built to withstand!

Luvs.

Archived