Men who are too tall

snoopydog

Hello, I am a very tall young man in my 20's and I am 6'6". I like being tall but I do sometimes wish I was a little shorter, maybe 6'1" or something.

I know women can sometimes rule out men who are too short, am I right in thinking it goes in the opposite direction too?

Obviously it doesn't mean I am undate-able (if such a word exists) and there is not much I can do about it anyway short of walking around on my knees but is being too tall something that is always going to hinder my chances or am I being paranoid?

From what I have heard from some women, a guy can be really tall but he has to be cute. If he's so tall that he has a long face and they don't find him attractive, then a woman might not date him.

Generally, I think a taller guy will have an easier time dating than a really short one.

Honey, there are legions of tall women who would run screaming in your direction with happiness!

Absolutely should not hinder your chances, and will actually HELP your chances with women 5'9" and above, since they are taller than the average man and would love to find a guy they could wear heels with and not tower over.

If you're shy, just start going up to tall women you meet and start asking them out. I bet you'll be pleasantly suprised at how eager they are to date you.

I doubt being that tall will give you many setbacks, other than having to duck more than other people have to.

I've heard that in employment, there is a direct correlation between one's height & their pay. Taller men are seen as "more manly" or something I think.

A girl under 5 foot may not want to date you, but other than that I think you'll be fine & this is really more advantageous to you than anything.

Short guys can be a turn-off but I don't think the opposite applies to most women. This may be a little sexist but I think most women (Well I know I do) prefer men who are taller than them, doesnt matter how tall, but taller than they are.

as long as you have some muscle and fat on your bones lol. Super tall and super skinny can be kind of a turn off. But my boyfriend (ex now which is so weird to say) was 6'5'' and I loved it. We fit perfectly together when we hugged or spooned.

Enjoy your height and embrace it, seriously.

I have a friend who's about your height. His girlfriend is much shorter. As a result he has been hunching over since they started dating (6+ years now) - I don't know if this is conscious or not. However, as you can imagine... it has done nothing for his posture or his look of confidence. He is a bit hunch backed now.

well, if we said it did, you can't make yourself shorter so what's the point?

exactly!!! certain things we can change (our weight, our hair color, our style of clothing, even plastic surgery to have a nicer nose). but height, you are stuck with. so what's the point of worrying?

I'm only 5'1, so yeah I like shorter guys. 5'8 is about perfect. Anything taller than that gets too awkward... although the last 2 guys I've dated have been around 5'10.

As you can see from this thread, there are plenty of girls who like tall guys.

For me, it's just too tall.

I'll be honest, I'm picky and too tall is a turn off for me. My brother is 6'3" and that's too tall to me because I have to kink my neck to talk to him. LOL I'm older so I make him either sit down or stand a foot away so I can talk normally. I'm only 5'4.5".

Truthfully, I prefer men about 5'10"-6'0" for dating. I'd probably let in a guy whose 5'9" but if he's any shorter he's the height of my mom with heals and that would just be ackward.

I'll be honest, I'm picky and too tall is a turn off for me. My brother is 6'3" and that's too tall to me because I have to kink my neck to talk to him. LOL I'm older so I make him either sit down or stand a foot away so I can talk normally. I'm only 5'4.5".

LOL That's funny. "Sit down Bro, you're puttin' a kink in my neck.

I'm 6 foot tall as a woman, my only advice is to own it. When I was younger I used to try to stoop because I felt uncomfortable around my friends, but my mom wasn't having it. She used to model ( eventually so did I ) and It was very important to her that I sat, walked, and stood with confidence.

So do NOT look like you are uncomfortable in your own body because you will start to look "too tall" actually not too tall just awkward. My last date was with this guy who was 6'6" and I was shocked when he told me I thought he was 6 3 or 6' 4" or something. I could barely tell because he looked totally at ease-I might have been wearing heels too can't remember. Lol. If you are beginning to stoop fix it now! you don't want that tall "hunch" for the rest of your life. Thats when you stoop so much trying to fit in that the bones in your back and shoulders curve the the hunchback of notre dame causing you to look permanently insecure.

6'6" is really tall but it can be a beautiful thing if you own it.

Call me crazy or just plain blind, but my boyfriend is 6'3". I'm 5'0"... and for the first few months of our relationship I never even really noticed until I saw a photo of us. Every once in awhile I'll realize just how tall he is, but for the most part, it's a non-issue. The only thing that makes me sad is seeing other couples dancing face to face or cheek to cheek. That's something that we'll never be able to do.

I used to look for shorter guys to date, but tbh, I got really sick of short-man syndrome, and it was always taller guys asking me out.

I'm 5' 5" and hubby is 6' 5", so I don't have a problem with taller guys at all! It was a little awkward at first as the tallest person I had dated before was like 5' 10". But here we are 4 years later going strong, so height is not an issue.

Everything lines up right when you are horizontal anyways! hehe

Thanks for the honest replies everyone, especially the encouraging ones! I wanted to see if being really tall had the same stigma attached to it as being really short.

It's not something I used to think about but since breaking up with my long term gf I have been analysing myself a lot. She was 5'11.

It will sound crazy for someone as tall as me but I never really feel that big, I guess I'm just used to looking down at everyone =)

Archived