Do you believe there is a predestined plan for us?

shygal2008

Do you believe that your life has already been carved out for you to follow and that you need to TRUST and have unconditional FAITH that where you are is where you are MEANT TO BE and your path in life has already been chosen?

It seems in my life that whenever i TRY anything wether it be love or putting myself out there to meet new people or force myself to be happy in certain situations (like being around happy couples, married people, couples w/kids, etc.) that it never works putting on a brave front and all. It gets very tiring and depressing.

I become more disillusioned and withdraw even from my friends that i find i am better off not ''trying'' anything..just living my life day to day enjoying my new home which i love (2 bedroom condo, i moved in last year), going to work--i work with kids, etc.

Maybe bcuz deep down i feel when things are MEANT TO CHANGE they will..and they usually do, wether or not i want them to go in that direction;

unrequited love, old boyfriend gets married, etc.

Sometimes i feel that i am just meant to be single and can be satified with that. I am 41..i've been told a lot lately i look 29 or 30 i do take good care of myself by watching what i eat & i do exercise, always dress up, do my hair, etc. so i haven't let myself go or anything!!!!!!!! I am just a bit on the shyer side and am not a bar or club gal...and yes i tried online dating TWICE it just wasn't me!!!!!!!!!!

Then of course there are the days where i think about finding the love of my life and having a baby to love and raise. I guess being its Valentine's Day today i am feeling more like i may never find the one!

I would love to know what everyone thinks about there life path and when did you know things were going to go your way..did you have to TRY, see signs leading you towards something, have deep Faith, etc????

Thanks in advance for your responses

I believe that I choose where I go and what I do, but I also believe that there are certain things that are inescapable.

I think that sitting on your backside, missing out on life and then saying "Oh, but it's meant to be" is a total cop out.

Didn't this thread get shut down yesterday?

probably. This is a valid discussion/debate. Be nice, folks.

Didn't this thread get shut down yesterday?

Yeah, the original thread said exactly the same thing but it referred to God directly rather than an ambiguous interpretation of 'faith'.

I've always been undecided about fate and whether life is pre-scripted, or if you truly can choose to change courses. Some things feel inevitable, and of course to a degree things you can't change like how you were brought up and your own genetic makeup can decide what sort of life you have.

But some people do break out of the constraints of their background and DNA, so to a degree I believe you can choose your own path - but perhaps you're predisposed to choose a certain one even if you think you're doing whatever you want.

I do think that there is a path that we are to take, but we can deviate from that path by the decisions and the environment we are in.

There are a lot of people who get things very easily that I really want, and strive and work very hard to attain one day. It is just going to take me a little bit more time than most.

I do believe in luck, and some of us have very little of it. But those people like myself that don't have much luck (yes there are people with way less luck than myself). We get to savor the times we do get lucky and things do work out on the rare occasion. It makes you grow, and appreciate how hard life truly is.

I however don't think it is due to some entity controlling me. It is more because of the environment I had to grow up in, in my opinion. I would have been very different otherwise.

Both yes and no, depending on your perspective. On a large scale, big picture, we are all here for the perfection of the universe, beginning with ourselves. How we go about that, and the specifics (the "little" purpose, if you will) varies, and could be any of many different paths.

You will likely notice that those that are unhappy will say it's fate or bad luck... but those who are happier say they are determining their own lives. That's because when we feel like we are in control of our own lives, we feel more competent and able to face challenges.

So nope, no predestined plan for me!

I like the idea that things are 'meant' to happen because the determinism that this implies means that people are not responsible for their own actions, thus if we do something wrong its not really our fault it was meant to happen. Also it makes me feel like someone is looking out for me and guiding me, which I like to think.

Archived