Post here instead of contacting your ex!

Why can you not have told me properly that it was over instead of having endless space.....wanting to keep you options open just in case. You are such a coward.. You said you were one and you are. You have not showed the end of this relationship any respect. I wished you well and wished you happiness and you could give me nothing back. I want to contact you and ask you to end it properly. But that would give you the ego stroke of knowing I was still hung up on you. I want you. Why don't you contact me. I love you. You were everything to me and you once said I was everything to you.

I am so glad this forum is here so that I'm not so stupid as to write all of this to you. I hope you are missing me at least a little. I hope you wake up in the night and your bed is cold. If you could have just have said goodbye instead of leaving me hanging I could have coped so much better. Well your not, and I feel sorry for your ex and sorry for your kids that they have such a lousy Dad as you. A dishonest liar. I should have seen it from the start. I knew it, but thought I was somehow special. Special connection ha ha ha. Well the joke was on me.

• Like 1

I know you have moved on...you and your new guy are having the time of your lives. I just hope that I can get to that same place. I know part of this is my fault - I know I missed the window to tell you how I really feel. Now it is just needy and pathetic. I thought we were meant to be - thought there was a reason we reconnected and kept showing up in each others lives...and I guess there was you needed me to help you get to your new relationship. It hurts and I miss you terribly. Id give anything to hear from you....but I know you wont. At least not unless you need a shoulder to cry on again. I hope so much that when that time comes...someone else will be occupying that shoulder.

I was feeling so good the last few days I didn't think I'd have to come here today. But I found myself thinking of you and feeling twinges of pain today. I guess I"m not healed like I was hoping I was. The pain wasn't bad, but I could definitely feel myself missing you. Do you miss me? I know you do, I don't even have to ask. We became each other's everything for six months. How could you not? And I know that us breaking up was your loss not mine....You're going to have a hard time finding someone who will be as good to you as me. By the time you realize it I'll probably be moved on.

There were times you were feeling down and I'd say I love you, and you'd say don't. I wish I had listened. I wish I had walked out your door right then and there. You are emotionally broken, and there was nothing I could do to fix you. I'm so angry with you for loving a woman who you say was terrible to you, and refusing the love of me, an amazing woman. You even said "You have an amazing wonderful heart, and you take good care of me."

I was just a rebound. Just a stupid, meaningless rebound. And I knew it, deep down I knew it. When I saw you in July for the first time in six weeks, I got drunk and said you were still in love with M. I accepted your scraps. I told you our last weekend together that you never initiated "I love you" anymore, you only said it in response to me saying it. You never loved me. God I was a fool. I can't believe I didn't see it all. It was right there for me to see. I'm a darned fool.

I deserve more than scraps. I deserve a man who will love ME, heart and soul. Who will not leave me. I'm ready to be happy, but I have to get over you first. You are such a jerk.

I want you to kill any last shred of hope I have left. Is your new guy better? Was I not special at all? Were you able to get everything you had with me through him and more? I'm tired of hanging on already. Tell me you love him, that you wish you were with him sooner. Hurt me so I have a reason to hate you already. Even when you stopped talking to me again you said you weren't serious about him. Even while we were still talking you wouldn't tell me we'd never get back together again. I hate having hope for you already.

preach brother

All i ever really wanted was to make you happy. I was so glad back when you said i was your savior. I never knew it would hurt so bad and make me become so miserable. I guess saviors eventually become martyrs.

I thought we both understood each other since we both came from insecure backgrounds. We both analyse people the same way and we both clicked on an emotional level. Its hard to find someone else like you again.

I waited and waited hoping beyond all hope that i could be the special one to make you happy again. But you jumped from guy to guy, breaking my heart a little more each time. I just can't keep up anymore.

What i am saying now may sound lame, we had our arguments but i really believed in you and i really wanted to be the person to support you forever.

I guess in this process i forgot who i was. I lost touch with myself. When you left me i felt like a part of me died. Now i'm torn, i'm torn between wanting to help you and wanting to help myself. I don't want to be tormented anymore, i don't want to feel like i'm second rated anymore. I want the nightmares, the random breakdowns to stop.

Its really hard for me to let go. Of all the things we were and all we could have been. I tried my best to make our relationship work. But i guess it takes two to tango.

It scares me to think that we can never be friends again, but i just can't do it. I can't be your friend. I only want to be your lover. The one who will be there for you when you are down and to share with you in your happy moments. And i think its only fair that my lover will treat me like that too.

I always asked, why did it turn out this way? You always told me that it was a timing issue. Is that really the truth?

Regardless, if being with someone else other than me is the only thing that will make you happy then you have my blessings. Love is not possession. You taught me that. If i truly loved you, just the fact that you safe and well on this earth is enough.

I only wish you weren't my first. So i could make all the stupid mistakes with someone else and then have a happy relationship with you.

In another life, i would make you stay.

Goodbye.

I keep searching the posts for dumper, to see what's going on in your head. The things I've put together are that just because you are the dumper, doesn't mean it's easy on you. That initially the dumper feels relief the relationship is over, but then later they start to miss the dumpee. But usually by the time they miss the dumpee, the dumpee has moved on. In the back of my head, I hope you'll come back and tell me what a terrible mistake you've made. But I don't think that's going to happen. Even though I was wonderful to you, I was your rebound from HER. And our relationship wasn't healthy. WE had a lot of good times, but it wasn't healthy. I'm figuring out how to let go.

Are you thinking of me as often as I am stuck thinking of you? You opened my life up, I was becoming a better person, you were becoming an amazing support, a best friend, and on top of that, someone who I could see myself spending the rest of my life with. You even said those same things to me.

I fully understand why you thought we needed to end things, we were stuck in reverse the last few weeks. I just wish that you would have been able to look me in the eyes when you were here...Instead of just crying your eyes out and looking at that ground. I hope that the fact that I wanted to give you one last hug, and the fact that it lasted a long time stays with you. Your tears were worn into my shirt. You're right, you probably won't find another guy who treats you as well as I did.

I miss you each morning, each day, I miss not getting to talk to you every evening before you eventually fell asleep on the phone. I'm giving you space, not because I want to, but because I know that is what you need. I'm not entirely sure when we will talk again. You can't be in a relationship right now, I'm in repair and want to make some changes in my life. When I feel comfortable enough with the person that I want to become I am going to contact you again, because these feelings for you will not disappear.

I am finally getting a little sleep. I still check my phone to see if you have called, even though I know you won't. The feelings of anger, bitterness are diminishing. The hurt and disappointment is slowly going away. The "what if's" are getting at me when I am alone and have time to think. You were the first girl that I felt comfortable enough with that I actually gave you my heart, and that is what gets at me the most. I'll talk to you again. I have no idea what our next chapter is going to be, or how it will go. All I know is I am confident the coming months are going to change both of us for the better -- in one way or another.

I hope you are doing well, take care

When I first came to this site, I wanted to figure out how to win you back. And I thought through giving you space you'd eventually contact me. I realized today that I know you probably won't contact me, so if I felt like it I would wish you a Happy Easter. I probably won't have any desire to by then, but deep in my heart I know you're a good person and I'm a good person, and would just like to hear from you at some point in the future, to see how are you. I figure 6 months is a good amount of time.

I really did love you E. With all of my heart. I just read a post on another thread. Someone said something very poignant. "If I did my best in the relationship, then the reason it ended doesn't matter." I know I did the best I was capable of when we dated. But I also know I'm capable of better. And so I'm working on me. Not for you. For me. For my future. I hate the fact that I begged and pleaded, that I couldn't walk away with my dignity. But, I could only do my best, and at the time, that was my best. I have abandonment issues. God I wish I had figured that out last year after the break up with B. But I also know in my heart that regardless of what I did, our relationship was doomed because you weren't over M. And your self-esteem sucked. I wanted so badly to help you. I got transfixed on the thought that you were the best guy for me. But there's someone out there, who isn't fixated on an ex, who is confident, who will be able to give me what I deserve. What you couldn't give me. I have a happy, wonderful future ahead of me.

We both did the best we could in our relationship. I know you didn't set out to hurt me. I chose to be with you, when deep down inside I knew you weren't over your wife. But I was in love with you, and thought if you were patient, you would love me back, truly. You said you loved me, but really, could you if you still loved her? I guess anything is possible.

I forgive you. We both did the best we could at the time. And I know next time, my best will be even better.

I love you. And part of loving you is letting you go. I think there will always be a fondness in my heart for you.

You are now with another man. I didn't want this to happen, but I have to live with it.

I tried to start relationship with another woman few days ago.

It didn't work well,

Feel very miserable now.

Hope that, when I can't have you, will find someone I will be able to be happy with and to love her as much as I loved you.

The new guy texts me every morning to wish me a good morning, and every night to wish me a good night. He is going to call me tonight. I must admit, I had fun on our date, and catch myself wondering what he's like. We are having a late dinner Friday.

I still miss you and think about you, but you weren't emotionally well or available.

I have a good feeling about the new guy. I've become a very good judge of character since my separation/divorce. I had a good feeling about you (but I guess in hindsight, even though we were together six months and had some good times, my good feeling was wrong??). I also had a good feeling about B last year, and that was a good relationship until I went crazy.

I wanna see where this goes. I'm learning to let go of hope that you'll come back. You made it clear it's over, forever. I was just your rebound anyway. I know you cared, but not the way I deserved.

I've learned so much about myself, and for that I'm grateful.

I have abandonment issues. I want so badly to email you to explain. But none of it matters, because you were still in love with HER. You never really loved me.

Everything happens for a reason. You were a beautiful lesson, and I know once I heal I will look back on our time together fondly. I really did fall in love with you. I think you were the first man I truly knew and loved after my ex husband. But there will be someone else, who loves me the way I deserve.

I forgive you for it all. I don't hate you, I'm just hurt. But I've learned so much about myself. And I will continue learning. Now that i know I have abandonment issues, I can work on them. I want to be the best me possible.

So you've been pretty active on Facebook lately. Odd, because you were NEVER on it when we were together. Maybe you're just bored and lonely now? A part of me thinks you go on because you're still connected to me through there. The first time we didn't talk (you still say that I was the one that ended that but you told me you couldn't give me a relationship so I walked). Back in December that's when I walked away. We didn't talk for two months. That whole time you weren't on FB at all. But I deleted you back then. So, now it makes me feel like you're more active on FB now because of me- because I haven't cut you off completely after you broke my heart.

Anyway, so you have a new phone and number according to FB. Which means I don't have your number because I sure as hell didn't message you asking for it.

You also changed your profile picture... to a photo I took. And I'm in it! You cropped me out but you can still see my eye- part of my face. What the hell? I know it's a photo from last year's Halloween party. I can only assume you chose that one because it's Halloween time and you wanted a picture of your costume. But really? You haven't changed your profile picture in over a year and you choose that one? You do know there's another one of you from that night with your best friend and me in it, right? And that photo would have been a better choice because I wouldn't be in it at all if you cropped it to just your face. Part of your best friend's face may be, but who cares? Did you not like that photo? But really, how insulting is that? Are you that daft to think no one is going to think anything about it? I mean, I know I'm wearing a wig, but it's obviously me. Don't you think my friends would find that weird? Because, honey, they already do. I had a friend text me right away about it. She thinks you're trying to get my attention but I told her boys don't think like that.

My other friend agreed with me and said that if you did want to talk to me, you'd call or text and you haven't. That hurt me. I mean, I know it's true... but at the same time I know you miss me. And you would love to talk to me but you made your choice and you have to respect my space. Right? Right. So stop sending me f***ing requests in Candy Crush! Oh yeah, I got that one you sent to me over the weekend. I just can't figure you.

But then maybe I'm just reading into everything too much. Maybe you don't think about me at all. Maybe you just liked that photo and wanted to post it and knew you had to crop it to you (because, duh, we're not together anymore) and you thought NOTHING about how it would make me feel to see that photo. If I didn't want to break my NC with you, I'd send you a message telling you to take it down because it hurts my feelings... You'd probably wonder why. I mean, dude. You told me you don't want to be with me anymore, that you don't love me, and then you post up a profile picture of the two of us but CROP ME OUT?!? It's like... how many times do you want to take a sh** on my heart??

I wonder if you have any understanding about what your actions do? Maybe you're completely clueless. Maybe you never had ANY feelings for me at all so this all is so easy for you. Sometimes I feel that I'm better off without you. Other times, I feel like utter sh** and my heart still aches. It's as if the knife you stabbed me with that night is still there. I go back and forth, you know. That last month we were together you were sh**ty. You treated me far less than what I truly deserved. And now I think, "I want something far better than that. A partner. Someone to hold me and acknowledge that they're lucky to be with me." You really didn't and that makes me feel like you weren't the one for me.

But then I remember those times when you were truly amazing. We always had fun together and we were always making each other laugh. I still remember that feeling I had: that I honestly felt like I met my person. I felt it in my gut. I had never felt that way before. And I wasn't the only one thinking it. Others around us. I just wonder why you didn't see it. I wonder why you didn't feel it... But you said once so long ago (around when we first met) that divorce was awful, so in order to avoid it, you were never going to get married. I think you were really hurt from your break up with your ex and you never wanted to feel that way again. So I think you held back with me. Actually, I know you did. My best friend truly thought you loved me but you either didn't fully know it or wouldn't acknowledge it. She's always been right in the past. So was she wrong this time?

So what if that's true? Your friend pointed that out and said, "But do you really want to be with someone who's so unsure and doesn't really have a clue?" And the answer is, of course not. So now you see how much I go back and forth.

So, your friends' wedding was on Saturday. Everyone talked about how much fun it was. You posted a status saying: What a great time, has anyone seen my left shoe.

So great, you had fun. I guess you didn't sit there, get drunk, and miss me. I hope other people did. I really wished I could have been there.

I think to the what if's. Like what if I had gone to the wedding because we were still together? But would we have broken up soon after? Because it's a wedding and you would have felt the pressure from me? I remember my ex before you LEFT me at my friends' wedding. He told me he was going to the parking lot for a cigarette and instead had someone pick him up. I couldn't believe it. I waited so long and called him a million times. It was awful. I cried on the steps outside the church. I guess you could have been worse.

Maybe you've realized that you truly care about me but you're seriously screwed up and you cant give me a healthy relationship... Maybe that's why you're keeping your distance. Or... you simply don't care at all. I was just a phase.

I think I want to tell you to go f*** yourself. Especially because of that profile picture. I mean, dude, I've taken better ones of you and they're pictures of you alone. No cropping needed to add salt to my wounds. So... yeah. Go f*** yourself.

Why am I letting your rejection of me define me? You are a broken man. I know in my heart that even if I was perfect (which I am not) our relationship would have ended. So why am I feelnig like a failure. I think if I can figure that out, I can finally start letting go.

I think the fact you are broken, and even you don't want me, is making me feel miserable. But your love, or lack of love, does not define me, or my self-worth. I was amazing before I met you, and now that I know about my abandonment issues I will be even more amazing.

I did the best I could in our relationship. I can't change the past, or the fact I acted terrible our last weekend together because I wanted to break up with you and then changed my mind. I can't change the past. And even if I could, why would I want to be with a man who couldn't give me his heart, because it belonged to someone else?

I deserve better!