Most men don't get laid?

Symbolic

A theory is just an idea that may, according to a person's or group's interpretation, fit a set of facts.

Take for instance Superstring theory or M-theory. It's nothing more than a mathematical idea that is being explored because the math can be made to work. But it's constantly being changed and upgraded in an attempt to fit events in the physical world. There's no evidence at all that it's correct.

Good for you. Personally i believe in evolution, but i do not accept the theory of gravity.

I believe in intelligent falling.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh for goodness sake, the last thing you want to do is turn this into a debate about evolution however I do need to set you straight on one thing:

We will never ever say the 'law' or 'fact' of evolution because these are incorrect terms, not because the scientific community has any doubt. Also, the way complex forms arise from simple ones is well understood, just not by you. I'm guessing you're a creationist?

There's none. No one can explain how genes would mutate into more complex functioning systems. It's just a theory.

That's why it's the theory of evolution, not the law of evolution.

really? i'd take the pepsi challenge with some of the 'less attractive' guys i know and why they get some booty so much. they reason: they don't let looks bring down their ability to talk to a woman.

I understand that, but some women take the approach that 'why does he even bother? He knows he's not gonna get with it.'

There are a lot of shallow women who see a less attractive guy, and go, "next!"

really? i'd take the pepsi challenge with some of the 'less attractive' guys i know and why they get some booty so much. they reason: they don't let looks bring down their ability to talk to a woman.

ghost do you think the fact that you are tall is not playing any role at all in your success with women?? plz be honest here.

I understand that, but some women take the approach that 'why does he even bother? He knows he's not gonna get with it.'

There are a lot of shallow women who see a less attractive guy, and go, "next!"

i don't challenge that notion. there are shallow girls out there. i know that. does it stop my friends from attempting or let it bruise their ego? heeeelll no.

ghost do you think the fact that you are tall is not playing any role at all in your success with women?? plz be honest here.

it might contribute, i won't deny that. is it the only reason? absolutely not.

it might contribute, i won't deny that. is it the only reason? absolutely not.

it certainly gets you in the door... what you do after is another story...

women in general are attracted to tall men.... i have been rejected before simply because i am not tall... all the so called confidence will do nothing when you can't even get to the door.

These kinds of studies have to be taken with a grain of salt. The more sensational stories/studies get more media play, but one or two studies does not reality make.

Remember that almost everybody gets married at some point in their lives, so that 10%/90% number just makes no sense. It may be true that more attractive people have a larger dating pool or date a larger number of people over time, but in the end, you only need ONE person to marry, and just about everybody eventually does.

Come on, don't forget about penis size. Let's not be naive, here!

By my independent count, I've had sex with roughly twice as many partners as compared to something like 60% of the guys that I know. That multiple is much larger in a few cases. The other 40% absolutely wipes me off the map. By leaps and bounds. Many of these men are in committed relationships. We're talking exponentials at the far end of the sequence.

So, I don't think it's a 90/10 deal. That sounds like salesman's talk to me. That said, my (limited) research suspects there's a disparity.

Come on, don't forget about penis size. Let's not be naive, here!

I guess you're being facetious?

Anyway, I think there is a relationship between penis size and number of partners, particularly at the ends of the range. I.e., there may not be much correlation when comparing guys who are 1/2" bigger than true average vs. 1/2" smaller. But once you're at 1-2" above or below the mean, I think there's definitely a correlation.

There are probably a few reasons for this, but a primary reason is that guys with big penises tend to be more sexually confident than guys with small penises.

So the overall consensus is 90% of guys just don't talk to enough women? I don't know how much penis size helps me. I think I'm more likely to get rejected right off the bat, I'm not slightly concerned about a woman seeing my penis because most of the time its not going to happen anyways. But it is above average so maybe thats why I don't care.

Not a lot of female responses here. What do you women think?

I don't know how much penis size helps me. I think I'm more likely to get rejected right off the bat, I'm not slightly concerned about a woman seeing my penis because most of the time its not going to happen anyways.

Same. Though I can see how it would affect someone's confidence like any other physical trait (or lack of). I mean I'm pretty worried about my penis too in all the usual things like size/shape (fyi I'm asian with the stereotype down there) but that bears no concern about that when comes to interaction with girls because it's not a factor if you can't get to asking for a first date.

yeah, penis size is a factor.

link removed

I've read the full study, i think they measured and interviewed 293men so not a massive sample. They found that endowed men had 3x more partners and intercouse than smaller men. They actually said penis size was more correlated with a males self esteem than any other physical trait. Even FBI profiling reveals a similar pattern. Where many serial killers or rapists felt sexual inadequate and it was the case in 85% of these types of offenders - i think it is the number on FBI correlation for serial killers. One guy who was being rejected over his size, very drastic and obviously had previous pyschological problems. Started raping 10, 11 yr old girls for the feelign of sexual power than he wasn't getting with adult women.

Self esteem, power, superiority, confidence are all close relatives for me. It's pretty self evident that penis size is more important, if not as important as attraction. I can't pick up the tabloid newpaper without see a problem about size. I rarely see men writing in about being ugly, or short etc.

I guess you're being facetious?

Anyway, I think there is a relationship between penis size and number of partners, particularly at the ends of the range. I.e., there may not be much correlation when comparing guys who are 1/2" bigger than true average vs. 1/2" smaller. But once you're at 1-2" above or below the mean, I think there's definitely a correlation.

There are probably a few reasons for this, but a primary reason is that guys with big penises tend to be more sexually confident than guys with small penises.

Yeah, I was kidding.

I think there is a relationship between penis size and number of partners

yeah, penis size is a factor.

link removed

I've read the full study, i think they measured and interviewed 293men so not a massive sample. They found that endowed men had 3x more partners and intercouse than smaller men.

When I said penis size was related to number of partners, I was referring to straight men, but it makes sense that it applies even more so to gay men.

Even FBI profiling reveals a similar pattern. Where many serial killers or rapists felt sexual inadequate and it was the case in 85% of these types of offenders - i think it is the number on FBI correlation for serial killers. One guy who was being rejected over his size, very drastic and obviously had previous pyschological problems. Started raping 10, 11 yr old girls for the feelign of sexual power than he wasn't getting with adult women.

I'm having a little difficulty understanding you here. You're saying that FBI profiling has determined that 85% of serial killers felt sexually inadequate?

And they linked sexual inadequacy to penis size? I wouldn't be surprised to hear that rapists are smaller on average.

I honestly think this whole thing is a load of bulls**t. I'm not large, but I'm not small either, and I'm not embarrassed over my * * * * size. That isn't why I'm not getting laid.

Easy there. I never said it was the only factor. Just that it was *a* factor in number of sex partners a man has. That doesn't mean it applies to everyone. Does no one understand statistics on internet forums?

Archived