Anyone else who is okay with the idea of being with a younger guy?

g84

I wasn't sure how to title this, lol.

I guess some comments that i've read around here have made me curious.

Are there any other women who wouldn't mind dating a guy who's a bit younger?

For a very long time, i had always imagined being with a guy who's a little older than me - but the last guy that i liked turned out to be a bit younger, and i found my opinions changing afterwards. At this point, if i met a guy who was maybe 2 or 3 yrs younger, i think i could give it a chance. I don't know if i'm also influenced by the fact that a good few of my friends are about two years younger than me, and i don't really feel that there is much of a difference between us. I connect with them very easily. Also, my grandmother was actually 2 yrs older than my grandfather, and i found it cute lol. I guess i just don't see it as a big deal anymore.

Is it odd that i feel this way? To me, two or three years doesn't seem like a big difference. I guess it depends on the two people involved.

thanks for your answers

it gets different as you get older. I wouldn't mind dating a gal who was 3 years my senior. I think I would have a difficult time dating someone that was too much younger. I did date someone a year or so ago that was 25/26 and it felt like too big of a gap. now I can't really see myself dating anyone that's too far from 30.

A few years younger is fine with me. Not much different than a few years older.

I remember my very first serious bf was a year younger than me, and at the time, I thought it was a big deal. One year! Now I laugh thinking about that.

It does depend on the person. And the place in life you are at.

My boyfriend is 3.5 years younger and it's great, we've been together for almost 4 years and plan to get married. We stated dating when he was 19 and I was 23! I didn't think I'd EVER date anyone younger than my little brother (who is 1.5 years younger than me). But this relationship happened out of friendship and we just got along so well.

But if you find the right guy, you don't even notice the age gap - I don't. The only thing that is noticeable is that he's still in college and I've been out and working for a few years. I plan to go back to school soon though, so it makes no difference to me.

He is also pretty mature for his age and isn't into partying or anything. and he keeps me feeling young. Anyways, it can work if you find the right guy. This also happens to run in my family, most of my aunts, my grandma, and mom all married younger guys and it's worked for them too.

I once dated a guy who was 4 years younger and although I was ahead in life experience he was quite mature and reliable and offered a security that I had never felt before. My most recent ex was 1 year younger but in the end it felt like 5, he was very immature. I really like dating a younger guy cos often they tend to be more excitable and as I am quite excuberent I like that!

it gets different as you get older. I wouldn't mind dating a gal who was 3 years my senior. I think I would have a difficult time dating someone that was too much younger. I did date someone a year or so ago that was 25/26 and it felt like too big of a gap. now I can't really see myself dating anyone that's too far from 30.

i agree... as you get older the 2 or 3 yrs isn't really much of a difference.. and i would have no problem with that... in either direction.

I feel that people in their young 20's have a different maturity level then people in their mid to upper 20's

after 30 its fair game.. lol

I think it would work out if a) maturity levels are the same and b) the two people are OK with the age difference. Otherwise it wouldn't work out in the long-run. I might consider it if I was older, but right now dating someone younger would mean dating someone 18-20, and that's way too young. It's kind of weird knowing he would be younger than my younger brother.

Does age really matters? Or is it more a question of maturity? Or wanting the same things at around the same time? I wonder.

There's an 8 year age gap between my 1st and 2nd child. My first child was an 'only' child for a long while and always preferred the company of adults. Even now at 27 all his friends are older than him. His wife is 31. They are on the same page though. The age difference doesn't show at all. I don't even think it was ever an issue for them.

I know a charming couple and she is 80 and he is 95. They both look and feel 80! When they married she was 20 and he was 35. Age was never an issue for them. She says her husband was the first child she had

On a personal note, would I find myself on the dating scene again... I wouldn't be what they call a 'cougar'. I wouldn't be able to go out with a man in his 30s. I like men around my age or a bit older. It's a matter of personal choice really. A good friend of mine (she's 49) has been going out with a 31 y/o and they are just fabulous together. She's young at heart and he's the serious type. He has children, she has children so they don't want to start a family together. She doesn't see herself having a baby at 49 and it's a good thing he doesn't want other children. See? They are on the same page.

I've know this guy who at 59 married this young thing of 27. He's changing diapers at 61! He didn't really want to start a family all over. Their relationship is not going so good at the moment...

Well that was my 2 cents!

There is nothing wrong with dating a younger guy, if you are both in the same place mentally and emotionally. People mature at different paces. I've dated a couple of guys younger than me. One of them wanted me to move in after six months, as he was ready to settle down. I was nowhere near ready. If you are both in the same place, go for it.

My sister is 37, her husband is 31. They've been happy for 10 years, married for 5. They are in love!

Age is just a number, it's all about how mature the people are.

They often jokes about how, when she was in HS he was still in kindergarden, find it creepy and laugh about it.

It totally can work!

I don't date men younger than me. I am 44 and looking to settle down and men in my age group are more inclined to date younger, rather than older women or women of their own age. I realize there will always be exceptions, but this is my opinion.

I tend to go for men in their early 50's.

Archived