For the Guys and Approaching....Girls Please Respond

ghost69

But if a guy thought you were attractive even while wearing your "ugliest clothes" he shouldn't be allowed to approach you?

And on the subject of dressing unattractively...someone in the thread mentioned being sweaty and in gym clothes being embarassing.

The most I have ever been attracted to a girl based on looks alone was a girl leaving the gym. She was in grey sweatpants, a tight white t-shirt with her hair pulled back. She was my exact type (dark hair blue eyes) I still kick myself for not saying anything to her and hope to see her again one day.

The point is, some girls would be surprised when they look attractive to a guy.

I never said he shouldn't be allowed to approach me, but ghost asked if we'd mind if someone approached us at the store, and we answered the question. Are we not allowed to answer questions?

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Um, looks are what get noticed on first glance. And wouldn't you want a guy uou were to date to be attracted to you? You can't tell if someone has a cool personality or common interests until you speak to them. Never heard of a guy thinking, "Damn, that girl is unfortunate looking, but we both like this band. I should take her on a date."

lol no,it's just that a lot of guys make it pretty obvious that he's only approaching me (and other 100 girls) because we're not completely UGLY. there has to be some standards.

lots of guys just want a girl. they don't care about who the girl is.

lol no,it's just that a lot of guys make it pretty obvious that he's only approaching me (and other 100 girls) because we're not completely UGLY. there has to be some standards.

lots of guys just want a girl. they don't care about who the girl is.

don't know how you would decide that unless you saw him approach someone else before you and get rejected.

My answer is easy. Good looking cute guys can approach me every where if they do it in a good/not desperate manner. But it is important how they do it. I would not like the less attractive ones to approach me anywhere...but if they do it better be in a group of friends or something where I know something about their personality.

That's a good point, if I was attractive to the guy approaching me at first glance I wouldn't turn him down regardless if it was at a certain location (when I was single) but if I found him unattractive I would decline regardless of location lol! So I guess for me location was never a big factor.

My answer is easy. Good looking cute guys can approach me every where if they do it in a good/not desperate manner. But it is important how they do it. I would not like the less attractive ones to approach me anywhere...but if they do it better be in a group of friends or something where I know something about their personality.

I like your honesty. So, the location doesn't matter to you. Whether you find him attractive is the important factor, not just regarding whether he might get your number, but regarding whether he's permitted to approach you in the first place.

i think we are talking about total strangers. sorry if i left that out.

you'd just decline the unattractive guy though right? rejection happens.

yep, unattractive guy that approaches me in a grocery store definitely gets rejected! I guess most girls do the same. Why accept a total stranger that you are not even attracted to his looks?

yep, unattractive guy that approaches me in a grocery store definitely gets rejected! I guess most girls do the same. Why accept a total stranger that you are not even attracted to his looks?

i understand that. what i was asking is if a guy came up to you, you find him attractive, would it be a big deal where you are? that was my point in this.

some of these guys keep asking, well what if you aren't attractive? well the same thing no matter where you are....rejection. and guess what? it happens to all of us guys. get over that and you will have no issue with a girl giving you the cold shoulder. the guys seem too worried about what the girl thinks. i'm all about finding out if i stand a chance with someone i find attractive. if she says no, i try another girl. whooptie friggen doo.

I like your honesty. So, the location doesn't matter to you. Whether you find him attractive is the important factor, not just regarding whether he might get your number, but regarding whether he's permitted to approach you in the first place.

some girls are just stuck up.

i really wouldn't worry.

There are too many responses now, so I'll try to do this from memory.

I prefer someone to approach me when they know at least something about me beforehand. I'm not even sure if I can articulate why that is. It might be from a few bad experiences I had as a teenager (ie. groups of other teenagers screaming out obscene things about my chest and then one of them coming up and asking for my number). It bothers me that this is what men could be possibly thinking even though they are older now. A common interest helps put my mind at ease in that he's looking at something more than my appearance.

I never said he shouldn't be allowed to approach me, but ghost asked if we'd mind if someone approached us at the store, and we answered the question. Are we not allowed to answer questions?

You're totally allowed to answer the question. But I'm equally entitled to question the logic of your answer, especially when it doesn't make any sense.

Studys have shown that people among the most satisfied with their lives have found a life partner. I'm quite confident that if you asked any of those people if they'd regret passing up on meeting that person for any reason at all they would say they'd be regretful.

i understand that. what i was asking is if a guy came up to you, you find him attractive, would it be a big deal where you are? that was my point in this.

Not that big a deal if I think he's hot. Grocery store would be my least favorite in your list. But depends on how he does it too I guess, if he looks desperate or kind of a guy that just hits on any woman he sees, would be a turn off. The thing is tho, good looking guys usually don't do that.

I prefer someone to approach me when they know at least something about me beforehand. I'm not even sure if I can articulate why that is. It might be from a few bad experiences I had as a teenager (ie. groups of other teenagers screaming out obscene things about my chest and then one of them coming up and asking for my number). It bothers me that this is what men could be possibly thinking even though they are older now. A common interest helps put my mind at ease in that he's looking at something more than my appearance.

i do that all the time....i know she is attractive.

Not that big a deal if I think he's hot. Grocery store would be my least favorite in your list. But depends on how he does it too I guess, if he looks desperate or kind of a guy that just hits on any woman he sees, would be a turn off. The thing is tho, good looking guys usually don't do that.

If you were approached by an unattractive guy, would that make you feel uncomfortable? Would that be because you might find him creepy, or because you wouldn't want someone to see you talking to him, or he's just wasting your time, or some other reason?

Unfortunately, looks are what guys base their decision to approach or not to approach on. The rest is figured out later. If I see a gorgeous girl, I'm going to want to talk to her. If I see a gorgeous girl at my favorite band's concert, I'm REALLY going to want to talk to her. Common interest helps, but a guy will always be judging your looks first.

Oh and if a super attractive guy approached me in one of those situations, I'd be a little suspicious. I don't really trust them. He'd have a much better chance with me if he were moderately attractive. Unattractive, no.

i'm confused on your responses.

If you were approached by an unattractive guy, would that make you feel uncomfortable? Would that be because you might find him creepy, or because you wouldn't want someone to see you talking to him, or he's just wasting your time, or some other reason?

why are you so concerned what the girl thinks of you if she isn't attracted to you? worry about the fact that you saw a girl you found attractive and you at least made a move. and her reaction could be anything. if you can handle being rejected, nothing else matters. it's about taking chances.

Oh and if a super attractive guy approached me in one of those situations, I'd be a little suspicious. I don't really trust them. He'd have a much better chance with me if he were moderately attractive. Unattractive, no.

From now on when I get rejected by a girl, I'll just assume I was too attractive to be trusted. Then it's a win/win haha.

Unfortunately, looks are what guys base their decision to approach or not to approach on. The rest is figured out later. If I see a gorgeous girl, I'm going to want to talk to her. If I see a gorgeous girl at my favorite band's concert, I'm REALLY going to want to talk to her. Common interest helps, but a guy will always be judging your looks first.

Even if that is the case, I prefer to remain blissfully ignorant.

Archived