Use my injury to my advantage?

kevinm

So, as I noted in a previous thread, I broke my ankle on Sunday afternoon. Broke in 3 places, one metal plate, 10 screws, and in a cast for 6-8 weeks. I mention this to a friend of mine who is saying I should totally go out and play the sympathy card to meet women. Humm, I'm not sure about this one, but maybe this is the silver lining in the clouds? What do you think ladies? Would a guy in a cast be more approachable?

I guess I have a legitimate excuse now to use the electric carts in the grocery stores. Oh, oh, maybe I should get a temporary handicap parking permit?

Any advice is appreciated. Also, any advice on how to do things with a cast on would be greatly appreciated. I find I can move myself around okay, but I'm finding getting drinks is a real pain, picking up stuff from the ground, etc. Any tips?

-Kevin

How do you date women when you're in a cast? My bf now has a broken leg due to a road accident and we can only spend time in his house, it's too much inconvenience to go about on crushes. Also, personally, I don't find men in casts attractive.

Eh, I don't really think having a cast will make you more or less attractive.

I've never broken anything so I don't really have any tips, but I would focus on figuring out how to manage with a broken foot rather than on how to get women for now.

There's nothing wrong with a guy in a cast, but it's not going to make me any more likely to approach him. What I can imagine, though, is that it would make for an easier icebreaker for a woman who might normally not know how to approach you if she was interested. It would be so easy to go up to you and say, "Wow, what did you do?" rather than think of another way to randomly start a conversation.

I guess I have a legitimate excuse now to use the electric carts in the grocery stores. Oh, oh, maybe I should get a temporary handicap parking permit?

-Kevin

If you need to use electric carts and handicapped spots to get around, then you should, that's what they are there for. But I wouldn't think it would make you more attractive to women.

there's an episode of "it's always sunny in philadelphia" where charlie is all banged up so he rents an army veteran outfit and goes to a strip club in a wheel chair and gets all sorts of attention from the ladies.

just saying.

man, when i had my leg in a cast, i was 100 times more approachable. everyone wanted to know what happened, and then they all started telling me either about their own injuries, or whatnot. it was crazy. lol. you might wind up meeting a lot of women that way. i had tons of random guys come up to me and ask if they can sign my cast. i had other guys come up to me and give me their business cards.

everyone loves a captive audience. you can't run away on crutches!!!

man, when i had my leg in a cast, i was 100 times more approachable. everyone wanted to know what happened, and then they all started telling me either about their own injuries, or whatnot. it was crazy. lol. you might wind up meeting a lot of women that way. i had tons of random guys come up to me and ask if they can sign my cast. i had other guys come up to me and give me their business cards.

everyone loves a captive audience. you can't run away on crutches!!!

hmm...I'm up on the third floor of my parents' house right now, and I'm about ready to "accidentally" fall, feet first, out the window

now is the time to start hanging out at coffee shops and in grocery stores (though do without the motorized cart....that'll just make you lok lazy. if you're on crutches and having trouble carrying things...then you may get a helping hand!

Oh yeah, this totally works. Everyone wants to hear your story, everyone asks about it, you always get sympathy from the ladies, and if you have a good story behind it then you're well on your way to "quienes mas macho?"

Casts are like cute little dogs. People can't help but show interest.

Haha... thanks everyone... and yeah I get what you are saying. I suppose the "more approachable" aspect would be a conversation starter, as mentioned. In school if a girl had broken an arm or leg or something I'd offer to carry her books or whatnot. As it is a lot of my friends have offered help with the dogs and taking me grocery shopping. I'm just saying... there has to be SOME silver lining here. I'm gonna try the electric cart, lol.

-Kevin

If a guy went out of his way to speak to me on a set of crutches, that'd be cool.

Not so much the sympathy thing for me as that he'd have to be deliberate and if I rejected him, he'd have to limp away slowly. lol.

You get what I'm saying. Not that I'd give extra attention that I feel sorry for you, but it's something that catches a person's eye right away and if you wear your so-called injury with confidence, that can sure work to your advantage. It's something to talk about right off the bat.

Work it.

I could say that I was rock-climbing and fell off a 30 foot drop. I could say that I was running accross the street to save a stray dog. I could say that I was sky-diving and had to make an emergency landing... let's see, there's gotta be other good stories out there!

-Kevin

Archived