Guys and their Image : Overweight women

bingedrinking

The girl that I currently am interested in is someone that's got some extra pounds on her - enough to make her cute and cuddly, but not repulsive. Guys I've spoken to about this say that she's not attractive - I can guess it's due to her weight because she's got a lovely face and a real striking smile.

I think that she's absolutely adorable. However, what other guys have said really does make me kinda think - that sounds horrible, but I'm just being honest.

Thanks for your honesty. At least you're self-aware enough to recognize that this is influencing you. I don't think most people realize the extent to which their attraction is influenced by friends and environment.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks for your honesty. At least you're self-aware enough to recognize that this is influencing you. I don't think most people realize the extent to which their attraction is influenced by friends and environment.

Yes, and I honestly don't know what to do. The more I see her, the more attractive she appears to me.

Yes, and I honestly don't know what to do. The more I see her, the more attractive she appears to me.

So be true to yourself and don't let yourself be influenced by others. If anyone starts dogging on her b/c of her looks, stick up for her.

If she is attractive to you and you like being with her, don't let what anyone else says get in your way. It's your life. I agree with hersmudders too, if you hear your friends saying something, tell them in a calm manner that you don't appreciate it and it's disrespectful.

If she is attractive to you and you like being with her, don't let what anyone else says get in your way. It's your life. I agree with hersmudders too, if you hear your friends saying something, tell them in a calm manner that you don't appreciate it and it's disrespectful.

It means a lot to me when guys stick up for me if anyone is bad-mouthing me. I had a boyfriend one time whose best friend told him I was "swimming the river", which in their macho guy talk meant I was really close to drowning in my own ugliness. My boyfriend at the time just laughed. Didn't tell his friend that was mean, that he disagreed, nothing. Needless to say, that relationship didn't last long. If a guy can't stick up for me, then he's not worth my time.

It means a lot to me when guys stick up for me if anyone is bad-mouthing me. I had a boyfriend one time whose best friend told him I was "swimming the river", which in their macho guy talk meant I was really close to drowning in my own ugliness. My boyfriend at the time just laughed. Didn't tell his friend that was mean, that he disagreed, nothing. Needless to say, that relationship didn't last long. If a guy can't stick up for me, then he's not worth my time.

Jesus. That's cruel. Makes me upset even reading it.

Totally agree on the importance of sticking up for the person, it can show a lot and we women tend to notice these things. Hell, we watch for them.

Good luck with the gal, shy2cool.

That's horrible : (

i agree with you, it's very important to be able to speak up/stand up.

There are lots of advantages for a man with a beautiful woman, not just vanity. As backwards as it seems, people treat men with beautiful women better at work, out, basically anywhere. It can be a hard qualifier to resist when picking a GF among several options, and if honest, most men, like most women, will admit that they want the total package, beauty, brains and personality, at least to some degree.

I need to make some distinctions here. I think only Knotty mentioned that he prefers woman that is a little chubbier. Shy2cool is like I said, he is attracted to a girl who happens to be chubby already, then he thinks about the girl's image.

I'm not trying to sway anyone, but I don't want girls who are overweight to think that guys want chubby girls in the same porportion as guys who want skinny girls. In fact, the chance is much lower. The good side to the story is that they'll be much less likely to be approached by guys with bad intent since they only prey for the skinny ones.

North American is dangerously fat, and it's never a good idea to ever say "It's okay the way you are". There's short term relief and confidence boost, but the whole idea of needing to feel complacent about it is wrong. Don't problem solve that way. I don't have strong opinion. It's going in a wrong direction.

I think only Knotty mentioned that he prefers woman that is a little chubbier.

I'm not sure that I said I prefer chubbier women. I just said I find some slightly bigger girls attractive, ones that other guys don't like at all. That could be because I'm taller and more muscular than most guys. At 210 pounds I still feel much bigger than a woman that is 150 pounds, while a 170 pound guy may not feel the same way.

I'm not sure that I said I prefer chubbier women. I just said I find some slightly bigger girls attractive, ones that other guys don't like at all. That could be because I'm taller and more muscular than most guys. At 210 pounds I still feel much bigger than a woman that is 150 pounds, while a 170 pound guy may not feel the same way.

Yeah, I just don't want the overweight girls to think there are other reasons they're not approached other than the fact that guys are just not physically attracted. It's good you cleared things up also.

I think he's just saying if a guy doesn't approach an overweight woman, he likely just isn't into her body/appearance as opposed to some other mysterious motive.

The same would go for a guy passing on a girl with a flat chest or whatever else.

oh ok, i think just the way it was worded was confusing to me.

If overweight women were generally as attractive as slender ones there wouldn't be a situation where men who can get any women they want (powerful people / famous people) and are aware of it - would date only slender women. Just look at women dated by best actors, richest men, best sportsmen, most powerful leaders, etc, etc...none of them is fat.

People who can't choose that much date what they can get (or what they think they can get).

chubby can be very sexy.. but i like it when its in all the right places and shes got a great attidue about it...

some of the best sex ive had have been with what some might say is chubby...

Thank you for thsi. It's not like big girls are diseased and you're goin to catch fat from us.

I consider myself thick while others will say chubby. I think I'm proportionate with all of my "fat" pretty evened otu, though most of it lies in my thighs. Why is someone in my same position, according to some guys on here, unworthy of love from a guy who isn't with me b/c he pities me or b/c he couldn't get anyone better?

If I am not mistaken, that girl is the Plus Size Miss England? You said that wasn't the girl you dated, but looked like her. I think that is a British model.

There was an uproar about her winning, people were calling her all sorts of names for her weight.

I think I am mistaken, this is her. But still...

image removed

Archived