Open Club  ·  31 members  ·  Free

Travel and Culture

Pakistan: Misconceptions Destroyed

stingray

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fantastic photos, always fancied going to pakistan sometime after seeing a documentary on bbc2. The countryside is stunning, beautiful country. I know a few pakistanis living here in ireland and they're all lovely people (except 1, he's an * * * * , but you alway have one).

Fantastic photos, always fancied going to pakistan sometime after seeing a documentary on bbc2. The countryside is stunning, beautiful country. I know a few pakistanis living here in ireland and they're all lovely people (except 1, he's an * * * * , but you alway have one).

Yeah, I know many people are interested in going but just scared to because they think its dangerous. The truth is if you don't go looking for trouble like Daniel Pearl you will be fine. We aren't Iraq or Afghanistan we have a police force and one of the top 10 militaries in the world.

Most of the Northern Area's east of Chitral and Swat are completely safe for foreigners. I went last in 2006 and I saw more foreigners than locals which caught me offguard and shocked me.

The entire city is going through a huge modernization phase so thats why the city looks like there is dirt everywhere. It should go back to normal soon since the Pakistani economic engine of Musharraf has been stalled by the new Government.

Wow! Wonderful photos. So much to see...beautiful scenery and great architecture...and, of course, McDonalds! The coastal region looks lovely and those rock formations were quite interesting. There was a picture that looked like a snake wrapped around an animal, I assume attacking that animal?

I'm curious to know how the majority of people live. The homes they live in, the shops, the streets, etc. Do you have any pictures of that?

Well its difficult to say because of the lack of a latest census by the Government of Pakistan. Though, I would say at this point most Pakistanis live around the major metros of Pakistan. Inflation has made conditions hard for the lower class while the middle class are doing well but have a ungrateful attitude. Pakistanis expect major change in the blink of an eye because they feel like they have been deprived. They have lost all patience and therefore have a negative attitude.

I will cover this all through pictures since you requested it...

I just want to add the previous government of Musharraf has been the MOST economically prosperous generation of Pakistan. He wasn't a dictator like he was made out to be he was very benevolent man who loved his country. He led 8 years of Pakistani economic boom!

Thanks to him Pakistan has been largely unaffected by the world economic crisis and Pakistani banks are making huge profits.

There was a picture that looked like a snake wrapped around an animal, I assume attacking that animal?

Thats a mongoose and it screwed up that snake! They are infamous for killing even King cobras!

Brilliant thread, my only disappointment is that I hadn't checked it earlier!

Some beautiful landscapes and awe inspiring architecture (I especially loved the Main Boulevard building with the waterfalls falling around it).

Would definitely love to see my career take me to somewhere like this, but I can only hope!

The pictures above are from all over Pakistani Northern areas including Azad Kashmir(Free Kashmir). Azad Kashmir has its own functioning government but uses Pakistani currency and depends on Pakistan for military protection. Though, they have their own functioning government they pretty much are considered part of Pakistan.

Please note: I am not going to get into the Kashmir conflict on these forums as politics are not allowed and I want to keep this thread open. So please don't ask questions regarding that just PM me if its sensitive...

Archived