Open Club  ·  31 members  ·  Free

Travel and Culture

Pakistan: Misconceptions Destroyed

stingray

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thank you I am glad you liked them!

Though, I must add that Pakistan isn't part of the Middle East but actually part of South Asia.

geography fail on my part:splat:

It's never been my strong suit! Forgive, please!

geography fail on my part

It's never been my strong suit! Forgive, please!

Haha! Don't worry about it...

image removed

image removed

image removed

Everyone is always suprised when I post those pictures that I posted above because they don't usually think we have such a youth scene. Pakistan's youth make up more than 50% of its population. So this is the youth of the country and they will change the direction of the nation...BTW to give you a clue in to where they are headed...MTV just opened up in Pakistan about 8 years ago and this is the result.

Since, Pakistan is the frontline on the war on terrorism and since so many lives have been lost on our side I want to give tribute to our boys there.

I am going to cover this briefly though...

image removed

An Agosta 90-B submarine being constructed in Karachi Harbor...

image removed

Female cadets of the Pakistan Army stand guard during a ceremony on the 130th birth anniversary of Pakistan's founder Mohammad Ali Jinnah at his mausoleum in Karachi

We are still just as pompous as the Brits...

Anyways, back to the good stuff...Let me show you this new port city we are building. It is supposed to be the new Dubai of the region and even surpass it if things go as planned.

Waiting for the Boom

Touted as a major port for Pakistan, Gwadar is a small fishing village with grand hopes

Images of Gwadar before Port Construction

image removed

FISH OF THE DAY: Children by Gwadar's west bay watch a boat bring in the daily catch

image removed

TOMORROW'S HOME: The still desolate project office for the Golden Palms luxury housing development

image removed

GUNS OF HISTORY: The remains of a Portuguese gun tower face the east bay

image removed

TOMORROW TODAY: An advertisement for the Creek City development project presents the future of Gwadar

image removed

DREAMS MEET REALITY: An advertisement for the Golden Palms development project, with the dry scrub land it will hopefully transform in the background

image removed

ENGINES OF PROGRESS: A bulldozer waits to work at a construction office

image removed

SEASIDE: A beachside kiosk and its vendor await the future tourist hordes

Along the Mekran Coast

Driving from Karachi to Gwadar along the Mekran coast on the MCH (Mekran Coastal Highway) - South Western Pakistan.

Pictures taken by Montesir Shirazi.

image removed

image removed

image removed

image removed

Archived