stingray

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

image removed

image removed

image removed

Theres a story behind this lake...

There is also a famous poem about the story written by the famous poet link removed of link removed who wrote the classic story into poetic verse. The poem entitled Saif-Ul-Malook is written in the link removed / link removed language and very much popular in the Potohar, Kashmir, link removed regions of Northern Pakistan.

The story of Saif ul Maluk is that the Prophet Joseph (yosuf) is asked who will be the handsomest man after him and he has two seals made, and says that the man will be my descendent and will inherit these seals, and so after many years when Saif ul Maluk comes of age and is bequeathed these seals among many other treasures, on one of them is a picture of himself and on the other is a picture of the beautiful fairy Princess Badi uj jamal, meaning the glory of the moon, he falls in love and thus begins his long arduous journey to find her. Later when he does find her, he learns that her soul is trapped in the tallest mountain of the lake which is now called "Saif ul Maluk" and the mountain is "Malka Purbat" which means "the Mountain of the Fairies" and that she is bound to Jinn, and he can only free her when the Jinn is dead, but he cannot defeat him using ordinary means, for the Jinn has hidden his soul in talisman of some sort and hidden it away, Saiful Maluk and his army succeed in finding the talisman and killing the jinn but ignite a 40 year war between the jinn of the earth and those who dwell in the spirit world.

The lake photos are simply amazing.......Just breath taking.....

It's so nice to see such beautiful photos attached to a country that we hear so much negativity about.

Thank you for this. I can't wait to see more.

I agree. On the news all you get to see is the war, people suffering and none of the nice place, how organized it is, what beautiful nature there is... not to mention the breathtaking sunsets which can be seen.

I have a question: nowdays, has Pakistan become more modern in its ways of thinking or is there still alot of traditionalism?

I met a guy from Pakistan once. Nice guy, but very traditional even though he lived in the UK.

I'm Indian and I hear in India the women have become much more modern. More make up, not staying virgins till after marriage, divorce is not something as uncommon as before, they don't wear traditional Indian clothing all the time, etc. Of course there are the women who choose to stay traditional and it's great too.

I have a question: nowdays, has Pakistan become more modern in its ways of thinking or is there still alot of traditionalism?

I met a guy from Pakistan once. Nice guy, but very traditional even though he lived in the UK.

Yes, Pakistan has become a whole lot more modern since Pakistan's youth makes up over 50% of the population of the country. They are growing up with MTV Pakistan and access to everything. I feel though like Pakistani culture is slowly dying because of the rapid pace being made in this regards.

Theres no attempt to do this in moderation, instead I feel like its going to wipe our identity away. Most expats are traditional because when they leave the country they hold the traditional values of their generation. With more than 50% of the population under the age of 18 theres a whole lot of change.

As for clothing, yes some western clothing is worn and it is becoming more commonplace but traditional clothing is still being preferred by most women by choice. I am glad they are nto completely wiping our culture out...](*,)

Divorces are not as common yet but it is steadily increasing but I hope that we retain our cultural identity. I really do believe the way we do things in Pakistan works and our family system is very strong. Western civilization isn't the best everyone has their good and bad...I am sure everyone here can agree with that...

Thank you for this. I can't wait to see more.

No, problem I enjoy sharing my vast knowledge and setting the record straight.

• 6 months later...

Wow, that's pretty cool. I never saw this thread last spring when you started it. The pictures you post are definitely not the idea you get from watching the news of what Pakistan is like. It's so beautiful! I also didn't know English was the official language of Pakistan.

Before, I get flamed I am not spamming I am trying to share my country with everyone. Pakistan has been in the news a lot lately and I just want to set the record straight by using pictures. Most of which are either on my server and are mine or are hosted on my server by people. Some of them are also posted because they fall under the fair use clause.

its a beautiful country you are right to want to share it.

never considered going there as i knew nothing about it but you are a great ambassador for your country.

i have only got this far am going back for another look.

Wow, that's pretty cool. I never saw this thread last spring when you started it. The pictures you post are definitely not the idea you get from watching the news of what Pakistan is like. It's so beautiful! I also didn't know English was the official language of Pakistan.

Yup, it's a shame considering Pakistan makes up such a huge portion of the world population. Soon in 2020 they expect Pakistan's population to be above 300 million which means there will be more people in Pakistan than the United States.

ok viewed and enjoyed all of the photos, thank you for sharing.

i too hope that mtv does not bring the ugly side of western culture but the beautiful healthy side of which i am very proud.

Pakistan is certainly very beautiful.

Well the Pakistani MTV covers mostly the Pakistani music scene but they also American MTV programming too. Socially, the music scene is causing a lot of changes in the minds of the youth.

Archived