Open Club  ·  31 members  ·  Free

Travel and Culture

Pakistan: Misconceptions Destroyed

stingray

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hey slashed. bahut khoobsoorat pics. mein urdu sikhri hoon. thodi si bholti mein magar koshish kar rahe hoon.

Just to translate for everyone...

(Very nice pictures. I am trying to learn Urdu(Pakistan's national language). I am trying to speak the little that I could.)

So you are from Pakistan?

BTW, another interesting fact is that the official language of the country is actually English.

Just to translate for everyone...

(Very nice pictures. I am trying to learn Urdu(Pakistan's national language). I am trying to speak the little that I could.)

So you are from Pakistan?

BTW, another interesting fact is that the official language of the country is actually English.

nope, i am from afg. but i have grown up around south asians (also watched movies) and my bf is pakistani so i am trying to learn it more.

nope, i am from afg. but i have grown up around south asians (also watched movies) and my bf is pakistani so i am trying to learn it more.

Oh well I have been to Afghanistan once in 2006 coming through the Kalaash valley. I only stayed for about 30 minutes before I made the 6 hour walk back to the Kalaash valley. I offcourse had Pakistani military permission and security to make that visit.

Oh well I have been to Afghanistan once in 2006 coming through the Kalaash valley. I only stayed for about 30 minutes before I made the 6 hour walk back to the Kalaash valley. I offcourse had Pakistani military permission and security to make that visit.

how was it?

i've lived in quetta, peshawer, and islamabad for the first few years of my life. but i was not born there.

how was it?

i've lived in quetta, peshawer, and islamabad for the first few years of my life. but i was not born there.

It seemed nice couldn't tell much just felt like making the trip so I could say I have been there!

VERY beautiful pic's, Slashed. Thank you for sharing. I know nothing about your country really...I never knew it was that beautiful.

What kind of climate do you have? When do your 4 seasons turn? Do women not have to veil their faces there? IS that a Catholic church?

VERY beautiful pic's, Slashed. Thank you for sharing. I know nothing about your country really...I never knew it was that beautiful.

I haven't even gotten to the beautiful part yet!

What kind of climate do you have? When do your 4 seasons turn? Do women not have to veil their faces there? IS that a Catholic church?

The climate is pretty much like the United States in the sense that we are very diverse. We pretty much get all sorts of weather depending on the region we are talking about...

No, women don't have to veil their faces and they could wear whatever they would like...Pakistani law consists of Anglo-Saxon laws with a few "Islamic" laws that were inserted by a dictator. Those laws are slowly being removed so we are going back to our secular base.

And yes thats a Catholic church...We have quite a few in Pakistan.

I'm very interested to see more pictures and maybe hear your take on the country as a whole. You can discuss its political structure and makeup and history and I doubt anyone would debate it since it's purely historical.

Alright, I will cover those details throughout the thread.

Badshahi Masjid

image removed

image removed

Traffic, Gulberg

Karachi: A World Megacity

image removed

Karachi is one of the largest mega-cities of the world with a population of about 14 million inhabitants. It is the largest city of Pakistan and is located on the coast of the Arabian Sea northwest of the delta of river Indus. Karachi has the largest port of Pakistan and is a large financial and commercial and industrial center accounting for a majority of overseas trade conducted in Pakistan.

Absolutely gorgeous photos. Thank you for sharing. I love the architecture. The scenery is beautiful!

Up until about 2 years ago, I had no idea how gorgeous places in the middle east were. I would love to visit someday.

Absolutely gorgeous photos. Thank you for sharing. I love the architecture. The scenery is beautiful!

Up until about 2 years ago, I had no idea how gorgeous places in the middle east were. I would love to visit someday.

Thank you I am glad you liked them!

Though, I must add that Pakistan isn't part of the Middle East but actually part of South Asia.

Archived