Open Club  ·  31 members  ·  Free

Travel and Culture

Pakistan: Misconceptions Destroyed

stingray

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When Pakistan came into being in 1947, Karachi was its first capital. However, in 1960, Islamabad was constructed as a forward capital due to certain reasons. Islamabad is one of the most well planned cities in the world! It is the cleanest city in Asia by far and definetely in Pakistan. In 1958, a commission was constituted to select a suitable site for the national capital with particular emphasis on location, climate, logistics, and defence requirements along with other attributes. After extensive study, research, and thorough review of various sites, the commission recommended the area northeast of Rawalpindi. A Greek firm of architect Konstantinos Apostolos Doxiadis designed the master plan of the city which was triangular in shape, based on a Grid plan, with its apex towards the Margalla Hills.

It's fabulously beautiful!!! Thank you for sharing!

Unfortunately, my boyfriend has several Israeli visa stamps in his passport. That means I'll never get to visit Pakistan with him. I suppose I could go on my own, but he's my favorite travel partner. Perhaps the next time he renews his passport (we both hold U.S. citizenship).

It's fabulously beautiful!!! Thank you for sharing!

Unfortunately, my boyfriend has several Israeli visa stamps in his passport. That means I'll never get to visit Pakistan with him. I suppose I could go on my own, but he's my favorite travel partner. Perhaps the next time he renews his passport (we both hold U.S. citizenship).

Actually, the visa process for Pakistan is tough regardless but the Israeli visa should not cause any problem in visiting Pakistan. It might be difficult right now though because the Government doesn't really want people to visit right now(Don't want the bad PR if anything happens). We are dealing with some internal issues, but that shall pass with time. If you need any information or help obtaining a visa do let me know. Just don't want to get political in the thread.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived