THE NO CONTACT CHALLENGE, Part 2

thank you animelover and everyone else for all the support.

i just deleted his texts from my phone. I went through them last night, and it didn't end well. So I figured deleting them would just be best.

The hardest thing right now is when my phone rings or I get a notification, part of me wants it to be him soooo badly.

On a good note my friends say that I'm dealing with the situation really well and not falling apart at the seams. Also they are proud of my NC and the fact that I have not tried to get him back. So yea!! It's all about the little victories I suppose.

Day 30

My challenge is over. I cried a few times on the weekend, partly because of the anniversary of the rejection, partly due to feeling like an old and single loser.

I receive many compliments, why do I look so young, so thin, so pretty blah blah blah they are nice but they are not a relationship. Maybe they have boosted my self-esteem a bit though. Today a kind of feel like maybe I am too good for my ex.

Still have so far to go, but maybe I am making slow progress after all.

Day Two. We had some contact Saturday night and Sunday morning. Now I'll go NIC for a while. She hasn't called but she might today. I still kind of hope she does. I keep remembering driving with her in the alps... and our, um, exciting visit to a thermal bath and its changing rooms. I miss her.

Today i'll probably have to talk to the EX.

A year ago, on this day. A very good friend of mine passed away because of a drug overdose. We're holding a meeting with friends, just so we can get together and remember him.

I've known this guy since i was 6 years old. I have great memories with him, and i'm still sad when I think about how it happened and all, but well he is in a better place now.

My ex knew him through me, but she will be there aswell. She just sent me a message asking me if i was going there tonight. I replied i was. She send another message "Want to chat?". I replied "About?". She replied "I don't know. Just chat". Haven't replied just yet.

I don't really know what I am supposed to do now.

I partly don't want to go, just because she is there. But i want to be there, because that way we'll remember a good friend, who sadly left us.

So I don't really know what i'm supposed to do now. I've been doing fantastic so far. But i think that talking with her will make things worse.

I say unless she wants to talk about your friend sighh don't engage in conversation with her. if she wants to reminisce or talk about "old times" don't even bother. you are already emotional on this day remembering the passing of your friend, you don't need her extra drama to push you over the edge. go remember your friend but leave her alone.

good luck and have strength my friend

Day 2: 1:59pm

So I decided it would be better for me to leave the library, since it was not healthy for me to be there to just try and see him. As I was leaving, he was walking in...ugh. I waved hello and continued walking. As soon as I passed through the doors I turned back around to see which way he was going. I know, I shouldn't have done it but I couldn't help myself. By the time I turned around he was gone. I don't know how to feel. I waited almost 3 hours hoping to get a glimpse of him and now that its happened...I feel confused.

day 24. Leave me alone! It was so unfair for you to have your friend text me Thursday just to try to get your fix. I can't believe you sent me a drunk I miss you text, then had your stupid friend cover it up and send me an email saying all our really meant was misssing hanging out with me.

I hate you and love you at the same time. You have been so selfish this entire 3 months post break up until I checked out on you. Can't believe you dump me , mess with my head for 3 months, never come back and think you have the right to break NC to get your fix.

I hope you really learn what it is like not to have me in your life. I am glad to know it is not easy on you and you are struggling not having me around. Glad to know you miss me, I just wish it was enough to try again. If not, please don't ever do that again.

day something- i lost count

so my ex messaged my best friend yesterday to convienently tell her that he'll be visiting her school...he messaged her about this yesterday as well. I know he has no intention of meeting my friend (who he's only ever met ONCE). He is simply telling her where he's going because he knows she'll tell me...he's visiting some friend there. I don't know if this girl (who he's meeting) is a friend to him or more...or possibly becoming more?

I just wish he'd leave my friends alone and stop telling them what he's doing, because he obviously knows they'll tell me. Why is he still trying to hurt me? Wasn't it enough for him to destory my self confidence? What more does he want from me...I already gave him everything I had..

He recently defriended me on facebook..a month after I initiated NC, but for some odd reason did not block me on msn (not that I want him too or anything). It's just I don't understand his motive to doing so..

Otherwise I feel much better. I just find it so rude that he's using my friends to hurt me.

so immature.

thank you animelover and everyone else for all the support.

i just deleted his texts from my phone. I went through them last night, and it didn't end well. So I figured deleting them would just be best.

The hardest thing right now is when my phone rings or I get a notification, part of me wants it to be him soooo badly.

On a good note my friends say that I'm dealing with the situation really well and not falling apart at the seams. Also they are proud of my NC and the fact that I have not tried to get him back. So yea!! It's all about the little victories I suppose.

aww do you have an iphone? i hate how it saves all the texts ughh lol. I deleted all mine too a long time ago

Day 3. Went to bed feeling okay-ish but woke up thinking of her all over again. The way she cried when we said goodbye, how upset she was at the thought of never seeing me again... and then how she decided to cause that. This can't be the same person. She must be an actress. I'd do pretty much anything for these last few weeks to have been a dream.

well, after 4 and a half months of NC from my end, she txt me, merely to wish me good luck as i am moving to Australia for a year. She had found out through the grapevine.

We broke up at the end of September, and......... i dont know its strange that she would still have my number after all this time (of course i still had hers).

I didn't think i would ever hear from her again, after all the pathetic e-mails i sent immediately after the break up, but i did, i think that's it for good now though.

Back to NC for me.

We broke up at the end of September, and......... i dont know its strange that she would still have my number after all this time (of course i still had hers).

I didn't think i would ever hear from her again, after all the pathetic e-mails i sent immediately after the break up, but i did, i think that's it for good now though.

And this is exactly why I don't think NC will work for me

I say unless she wants to talk about your friend sighh don't engage in conversation with her. if she wants to reminisce or talk about "old times" don't even bother. you are already emotional on this day remembering the passing of your friend, you don't need her extra drama to push you over the edge. go remember your friend but leave her alone.

good luck and have strength my friend

I didn't talk to her.

I'm glad i had the strength to not give in.

She tried starting a conversation with me at some point. She asked me if i had written a message in the messagebook that they we're going to give to his parents. I just nodded yes, turned around and went to my friends.

She was trying to make eye-contact all the time but I didn't look at her.

I'm really getting stronger by the day, i'm starting to accept that this chapter is over, and that i'm opening a new one. And hell I haven't lost a valuable thing, she was an ok girlfriend. But not perfect. Is this normal? Like that once you're over her, you're starting to realise that all of it wasn't actually worth the trouble of the break-up? Because i sure have this feeling right now, and i'm feeling good about it.

Good luck my friends.