Getting back together really does happen!

Ok here's another one. Since I'm an old member I can recall great stories I read when I joined the forum.

This is one of my favorites. I don't know if you already read it. It's Hope 75 story. She really fight for this guy and now it's married and have a beautiful baby girl with him. Here it is:

Faithful, you give me hope so thank you for that!

Hope75 has another baby on the way.
MORE! =

An old member with a great story: =

So yeah it happens a lot! But I do think you need to let go, think about what went wrong and regain your confidence first and if they come back great, if not you will be fine anyway.

Thanks for sharing these stories!! It cheers me up when I read what real love can do...almost anything seems possible Love these stories!!!

Thanks for sharing these stories!! It cheers me up when I read what real love can do...almost anything seems possible Love these stories!!!

Let's see, your ex is getting married to someone else? For your good, you REALLY need to let this go. Reading these kinds of stories is just going to prolong your healing. Life isn't a Hollywood movie.

Let's see, your ex is getting married to someone else? For your good, you REALLY need to let this go. Reading these kinds of stories is just going to prolong your healing. Life isn't a Hollywood movie.

Thanks for your concern, but I know and have accepted that there is 0 chance that my ex will ever return to me and it's definetely over for good with us since he is getting married and yes, I have definetely experienced myself that my own story is absolutely no love story from a Hollywood movie with an happy ending!

Please, don't misunderstand, I'm not reading these stories to keep MY hope for reconcilition alive. I'm just reading these stories, since they make me happy and cheer me up, it's like a little escape from the harsh reality I have to face with my own break up. These stories don't give me any false hope, I know my ex will never return to me That's sad, but true... So in my case, I don't see any harm in reading these stories, I can distingiush between reality and fantasy ;-)

How do these people that got back together after being apart for years get together again? Do you think they had to 'reconnect' or that connection has always been there? I don't know if that makes sense. I guess what I'm saying is, do you think the feelings have always been there or is it like starting all over and feelings happen again?

I don't know, I hear some stories where exes meet up after months/years and feel nothing at all. Odd.

How do these people that got back together after being apart for years get together again? Do you think they had to 'reconnect' or that connection has always been there? I don't know if that makes sense. I guess what I'm saying is, do you think the feelings have always been there or is it like starting all over and feelings happen again?

I don't know, I hear some stories where exes meet up after months/years and feel nothing at all. Odd.

In that case, I'm going to continue NC.

I have a couple stories that I can post, however its almost 4 am here and im dead tired so I'll give a short one.

My ex's sister had dated a man a couple years back, they eventually broke up (I don't know the reason) but she told me that she hurt him very badly. So she went on with her life and he went on with his, then one day he called her out of the blue two years later, completely random. They just started talking and went from there. They are now very happily married and just had their first child together.

I wish her sister would come around and do the same with me!

They are probably all divorced by now.

That's the spirit!

Never go back to an ex.

Ok.

Er...

...wait...

...too late.

Man, oh man... now what?

Maybe I should just dump her, because, you know, it couldn't possibly ever work out.

Maybe I'll do it tomorrow!

That'll show her!

That's the spirit!

Ok.

Er...

...wait...

...too late.

Man, oh man... now what?

Maybe I should just dump her, because, you know, it couldn't possibly ever work out.

Maybe I'll do it tomorrow!

That'll show her!

LOL

I love this thread! There are so MANY NEGATIVE threads out there that its just nice to have one that is completely focused on success stories.

Not worth it, it just says to go NC for a month, work on yourself, get in touch again, do something fun, don't bring up the relationship. There ya go.

Yup these are what the book says. Also I heard its only a quick fix. From what I've heard it works but it doesn't last long. The reason is because the dumpee is making the move and also one month is too short for any change so once you are back together, that "oh ya" affect kicks in and next thing you know you are apart again.