Coupons on a Date

Scorpion Fury

Would you use a coupon on a date?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Would you use a coupon on a date?

• HELL no
    • Hell yeah son! A Penny saved is a penny earned.
    • It would depend on what it was for and how long we'd been dating

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I brought a coupon to a first date before. Depends on the guy I'm sure. My date was thrilled that I was frugal / thrifty / whatever.

I think with today's day and age, if you have a coupon or a way to save a few bucks even on a first date, the date would (should) be grateful. I don't see how it could be a bad thing....

Guys?

I brought a coupon to a first date before. Depends on the guy I'm sure. My date was thrilled that I was frugal / thrifty / whatever.

I think with today's day and age, if you have a coupon or a way to save a few bucks even on a first date, the date would (should) be grateful. I don't see how it could be a bad thing....

Guys?

Entertainment book coupons are very elegant for fine dining

Entertainment book coupons are very elegant for fine dining

mmmm.... well? Making fun of me man?

We have this thing around here "half price deals." You can buy a $50 giftcard for $25 for some fine elegant restaurants. Are you saying that wouldn't be acceptable either?

mmmm.... well? Making fun of me man?

We have this thing around here "half price deals." You can buy a $50 giftcard for $25 for some fine elegant restaurants. Are you saying that wouldn't be acceptable either?

of course not.....I have a book, it has a nice card that looks like a credit card.....i have used them without reservation......but if it makes you feel better, you can leave the tip

Heck no - since you're using the card, you have a few extra for the tip, right?

Totally kidding! I have one of those books but haven't used the card - only the coupons. I need to check that out. You'll have to explain how the card works because it confuses me. In yo spare time.

(Last date I was on, I thought about offering to tip but since it was an finer type of restaurant, it seemed more appropriate to not offer and let my date write it on the receipt. Hmm..... Bad?)

Well, I'm in college, so it's not a problem/tacky to use coupons on dates. In fact, we usually can't go out to eat at all if one of us doesn't have a coupon.

When I get out of college, I suppose it would depend on the date and the situation. If we've been dating for awhile I don't see any reason why we shouldn't use a coupon!

I am all for coupons as long as they are used in a generous way. For example, if two people are dating and they are now at the point where they each pay their own way, I think it would be inappropriate for one to come with a coupon that allows a 1/2 price meal and use it solely for their own meal leaving the other person to pay full price. Coupons on a date should be for the mutual benefit of both parties.

Call me shallow, but I'd be a bit turned off by that, especially if it was early on in the dating stage and I knew he had a decent job. I'd be more impressed by a guy who thought I was worth spending a bit of money on. He can use the coupons at some other point. Just don't do it when you're trying to get to know me.

Call me shallow, but I'd be a bit turned off by that, especially if it was early on in the dating stage and I knew he had a decent job. I'd be more impressed by a guy who thought I was worth spending a bit of money on. He can use the coupons at some other point. Just don't do it when you're trying to get to know me.

I def agree with you... if you got coupons why not just use them when your by yourself... it might be diff if you guys are married or been dating for a long time...

girls around here would def laugh at you if you busted out coupons on a date..

I would have no problem if my date used coupons, regardless of how long we had been dating (I would even encourage it). However, I probably wouldn't use a coupon on a first date or if we are a relatively couple, just because I don't know how I would be judged.

In the past I've had dates look at me as if I'm some cheap bastard if I used a coupon.

There was even this one girl who would get mad/annoyed at me if: prior to going to a movie, I would go and buy bulk candy from the grocery store instead of paying the ludicrous price at the concession stand in the theatre (A bit off topic, but the same general idea as a coupon)

Archived