I am starting to believe it was all my fault

My wife never admitted to any responsiblity in any of the fights we used to have. Now she is not admitting to any fault in the break up of our marriage. She is finally seeing a counsellor, but the hints I have got are telling me she is going in there and being the victim. I worked so hard over the last few months to get myself to a better point. I right away worked on the things I did wrong and I am still willing to admit my faults.

She sent me an email, and said things that are very true. About how she felt when we were together. I take full responsibility for my actions. But where are her mistakes. Why is it always me?

Her family thinks I am a monster, in fact they have said this to me? She is even twisting the past around to justify the break up.

I am really messed up, because I can only take the blame for so long. My mind is turning into mush. I have always been hard on myself in life, and this is just pushing me over the edge.

She made mistakes too, why is she so blind to that? Why are those around her so blind to this?

Hi

She lives a few hours away. There is LC. I have a chance to see her counsellor when he comes to my town next week. I dont know if I should. I can give him a different perspective, becuase who knows her best then her husband.

You can't control whether or not she takes responsibility for her mistakes. All you can do is take responsibility for yours and learn from them.

I have learned so much. I am a very different person then the one she left. Others around me know this, but she cant see that over email or phone. I have no hope left in me, because this has happened. I never do or say bad things about others, and now this is happening to me.

Hi

She lives a few hours away. There is LC. I have a chance to see her counsellor when he comes to my town next week. I dont know if I should. I can give him a different perspective, becuase who knows her best then her husband.

He may not see you because of a conflict of interest. You would also need her permission to discuss anything that was discussed during her therapy sessions. Would she give her permission?

HI

Well, he is both our counsellors. I have done phone sessions with him. She told him she does not want him to devulge details to me. However, he did say to me that any additional information I could give would be helpful. If anything it would give him another perspective. I mean this is the closest I have been able to get us to do counselling together. I have done my own counselling for a few months now. I just think if I talk with him, I can point out several things that will help him learn about what really has happened.

HI

Well, he is both our counsellors. I have done phone sessions with him. She told him she does not want him to devulge details to me. However, he did say to me that any additional information I could give would be helpful. If anything it would give him another perspective. I mean this is the closest I have been able to get us to do counselling together. I have done my own counselling for a few months now. I just think if I talk with him, I can point out several things that will help him learn about what really has happened.

Then by all means do it.

We had our share of fights. I really think I had a big role in it then she did. But at the same time she did have faults. She was raised being the princess who is better then everyone else. There were no stresses or bad parts of life when during this time. Well, fast forward to reality and marriage, we had stresses and other problems. I really think she is very immature and that is what everyone else has told me as well.

Here is an example that can sum it up? A few months ago, she spoke on the phone to my counsellor. Then we talked for an hour. She ended the call by saying "xxxx, you have given me a lot to think about"...so here I am thinking, ok maybe there is hope. She calls me back twenty minutes later to say the marriage wont work....

She was raised being the princess who is better then everyone else. There were no stresses or bad parts of life when during this time. Well, fast forward to reality and marriage, we had stresses and other problems.

Have had tons of experience with this. Thankfully this way of raising females is fading out, yet still persists. You really don't want to go through life with someone who has always been pampered and catered to, when the going gets tough, they will crack easily, and blame you for not providing them with their every desire and whim, though it will not come out this way, as they are expert at rationalizing. These types are also expert at manipulating men into believing they don't measure up in some way, but when scrutinized, it's their attitudes and unrealistic expectations of life that don't measure up.

thanks...i totally agree...but will her counsellor know that. How can I point this out to him when we talk? I can see the goodness and the person that she is but when her family babies her and lets her be the victim, its all lost.

Archived