Why don't a lot of women masturbate?

littleladyluck

masturbation is more like a stress relief, sex is so much more (for me). and so much more work, too. haha. so sometimes i suppose people don't want to have full-on sex, they'd just touch themselves for 5 minutes. or they are far from their SO or don't have a partner, so masturbation is the next closest, safer option.

edit: i said too many "so's" in this post.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am reminded of a scene from the movie Single White Female. The one with the boyfriend was the "normal one" with a good sex life...the single white female was masturbating and the other one saw and heard her and was disgusted. The whole tone was that the single woman was pathetic for masturbating because she didn't have a partner to have sex with. I remember being offended by that message. It was such a judgement. I was talking to a work colleague about it...I don't think she had ever been alone..she was a relationship hopper so it almost seemed like she didn't get the whole masturbation thing either. I think there are sometimes judgements that work both ways...that single people who are not getting some action from someone and have to resort to masturbation are somehow considered pathetic. I think that is why many women won't talk about it...there is a stigma attached to it unlike what it is for men. I think people should do what they want and they shouldn't be made to feel like a freak or pathetic if they do or they don't masturbate.

I think that that's a very intelligent reflaction on things and the states of both genders in our culture. The message is always the same isn't it? a girl's goal in life is to find herself a man. and i guess according to the above, she needs a penis to be complete (the whole refuted freudian theory of penis envy)?

it's all pretty pathetic.

Right. I'm a faceless person on a computer screen typing. None of you know me...so I have to lie in order to save face.....here! LOL. Like I've ever done that in the three years I've been here. And all this knowledge coming from a guy who shat himself, and had to ask us why his woman friend 'over reacted'? You catch on quickly.

QUOTE]

That is brilliant! But I didnt actually shat myself was just a skid-mark! I didn't ask why she over-reacted just if she did.

But keep up the good work.

they don't masturbate cause they are always getting some action! lolz

You are probably correct. Not even being facetious. That is the only time i don't masterbate, when i am getting action on a regular basis.

When i wasn't, I masterbated. Even then it wasn't frequent.

I think there is a finite amount of female masturbatory energy in the world and the women who don't make it easier for us women who do to do it more often and with more satisfying results. I for one am grateful to the women who don't.

I can't honestly say that women who don't masterbate aren't going to do a thing for those who do......sorry! Would be nice for you guyz if it worked that way.. but it doesn't! LOL

I can't honestly say that women who don't masterbate are going to do a thing for those who do......sorry! Would be nice for you guyz if it worked that way.. but it doesn't! LOL

I was kidding around. The women who don't either don't feel like it or don't believe in it.

I was kidding around. The women who don't either don't feel like it or don't believe in it.

LOL i'm kidding wit ya too...altho its true, it wno't help. LOL

My energy is taken up in other areas, so i don't have much to spare anyway. LOL

It's not that i don't believe in it, i just only do it when the mood strikes and it doesn't strike often unless i am in a dry spell and even then i am not sure it is what one might call often.

LOL i'm kidding wit ya too...altho its true, it wno't help. LOL

My energy is taken up in other areas, so i don't have much to spare anyway. LOL

It's not that i don't believe in it, i just only do it when the mood strikes and it doesn't strike often unless i am in a dry spell and even then i am not sure it is what one might call often.

It's a very personal and subjective thing and I suspect most women who do masturbate go through durations of more and less desire. There's no 'normal', only average but I have no idea what that statistic is.

Always good for a laugh this topic. I don't care what anyone say's, men will always have the upper hand here (pun intended). Granted some females do, I'd wager most are nonchalant about it and maybe only do it when they're bored on a Sunday afternoon when Henry hardon the BF ain't around, but it's nothing like the same process with men. With men, it's a biological compulsion, evolution is propelling us to realise this fluid constantly to replicate the species, hence we have about 10 million sperm floating round our balls and women only one egg, them’s the facts.

Actually the thing that makes me laugh most is how a lot of women don't even know how to do it and actually need to have it explained or send off for a DVD. I don't remember anybody sitting me down in front of a blackboard teaching me the finer points of bashing one out, it just 'happned' one day, it's hardwired like our capacity to learn language, not so for women, IMO of course.

I think all men and a minority of women like to perpetuate this idea that men and women masturbate at a similar rate. We men like the idea because women with high sex drives means more nookie flying around, hence you will read of lot of men cheekily post that 'you girls are always at it'. Personally I think it’s total bollocks and women have nothing like the same desires due to a completely different anatomical and hormonal makeup, hence they don’t’ masturbate as much as men

• 2 weeks later...

I just don't understand how people can be having sex.. if they don't enjoy masturbating. It doesn't make sense for me. How can you feel good and confident in bed if you can't enjoy it by yourself?

I HATE going to the amusement park by myself but I love going to the amusement park with others. It's the same thing for the people who do not masturbate.

Masturbation is selfish compared to sex (not everything that is selfish is wrong). When some people have sex, their main concern is the other person's release before their own. They often put the other person first instead of themself. Sex is also a way of expressing your emotions and showing someone how much you care about them. This is why I find sex to be more "beautiful" and "lovely" than masturbation. There is really nothing beautiful or valuable about masturbation when you think about it. It's like eating food or playing a video game. No worth or depth really comes from it besides for a few minutes of "that feels good".

I masturbate though.

I'm so surprised with what everyone is saying here. I thought that women who haven't had orgasms were very rare. Hell, I even have them in my sleep on the odd occasion. I might sound quite a bit like a guy here, but I also felt some kind of compulsion to do it at a very young age (8 to be exact). I didn't know anything about sex or masturbation. I just know that it felt good to touch. I'm pretty sure my female friends all masturbate regularly too. We are pretty open with each other and I know almost all of them have at least a bunch of sex toys. We've even bought them at the same time.

I guess I just grew up in a very sexually expressive culture and no one was there to tell me it was dirty, evil and wrong. I'm quite happy to keep doing my thing without the slightest bit of guilt whatsoever.

Archived