Why don't a lot of women masturbate?

littleladyluck

I cant imagen that not alot of girls masturbate especially in a young age.

I do it alot especially when Im not having a sexual partner. Usually more times a day

All my girl friends do it too. I thought it was normal??? I couldnt live without masturbation...lol

Normal is relative to what you are comfortable doing. If you're comfortable masturbation then it's normal, if masturbation isn't your bag and you don't do it, guess what? It's normal also.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes I admit I am being hypocritical, but I don't really understand why people are taking offense. I honestly think masturbating really has a lot to do with how comfortable you are with yourself, and I'm speaking from my own experiences and from people I know. I just don't understand people that *love* sex but don't love masturbating. Does that really mean you are a sexual person? If there were nobody to have sex with, you wouldn't be having sex at all, so then you really wouldn't be enjoying sex at all would you?

Do you generally in life have a hard time accepting things you can't seem to understand?

Perhaps some people enjoy a person attached to their stick duckychick.

Normal is relative to what you are comfortable doing. If you're comfortable masturbation then it's normal, if masturbation isn't your bag and you don't do it, guess what? It's normal also.

ye well I didnt mean it in this way, I meant "normal" as like common for girls to do, like that most girls do it (And I think they do, some of them are emberassed to admit it ) Ofc for some girls its normal to not do it but thats rly not what I was meaningO

ye well I didnt mean it in this way, I meant "normal" as like common for girls to do, like that most girls do it (And I think they do, some of them are emberassed to admit it ) Ofc for some girls its normal to not do it but thats rly not what I was meaningO

why do people keep assuming they know so many people? You'd be better off saying "most girls YOU KNOW"

Wouldn't you be better served by doing what you do because YOU wish to and not because "everyone else" does?

I dunno. It is true that in general it's more taboo for girls, so we are more likely to lie about it. But, as has been illustrated quite well in this thread, that doesn't mean that everyone who says they don't is lying or repressed or anything.

That being said, I do masturbate. I have since I was very young. I used to do it several times a day, now I do it once a day or every few days, depending on how I'm feeling. But it really is just a means to an end. When I had a boyfriend and was having sex with him, I didn't really do it unless he didn't feel like having sex and I was horny. The real thing is obviously way better. But I haven't had the real thing in almost 7 months now, and I have a pretty high sex drive, so masturbation is really my only option.

Also, I always find it funny that people think you won't be able to have orgasms as easily if you can't give them to yourself, because I actually got a lot better at giving myself good orgasms after I became sexually active than I did before. The way my ex touched me felt way better than anything I'd ever come up with on my own, so I just learned to do it the way he did it, and now my solo sessions are even more fun. haha

I started when i was 8. the peak times were from 14-17 when i had nothing to do at home. you get inventive and bored..

since then masturbation is pretty overrated. and when you get boyfriends and become active most of your energy is put into that.. and the life you now have as an adult.

i think most girls are just ashamed to admit they masturbate. but i think as with anything if enough people come forward about it, you start seeing people loosen up about the subject.

I agree with ED in that it was sometihng i did more when I was younger.

As i got older and started enjoying an active sex life it just didnt do anything for me anymore.

I find it really odd that some people judge that? Why does it matter the frequency or absence of how much someone does or does not masterbate? That is the part I don't get about some of the posts here....who cares? Really? LOL

I know for me personally I am long past the stage of being too embarrassed to talk about it. I just don't really do it as i don't really have the urge to do so...but if i wanted to, i would.

I don't think masterbation and sex go hand it hand at all.

I was doing that since I was 12 or so and wasn't having sex until I was 19. I do it for entertainment or stress relief or just to give myself a treat. It really has nothing to do with sex.

I don't think masterbation and sex go hand it hand at all.

I was doing that since I was 12 or so and wasn't having sex until I was 19. I do it for entertainment or stress relief or just to give myself a treat. It really has nothing to do with sex.

yea but that is just your opinion and not necessarily the one that is right for everyone else. for me, and many others apparently, when sex is active i really have no desire to masterbate...not for stress relief, entertainment, or otherwise.

There is no right or wrong answer here.

^ I'm pretty sure I didn't try to make it come off as anything more than my opinion hence my saying: "I think... I don't think...".

I stated what i did because some people in this thread are making this into some weird thing that if someone doesn't masterbate habitually there must be something inherently wrong.

I think that for starters worrying about someone else's masterbation habits is in itself a bit warped.

That is not intended toward you, just in general over threads like this ... i can't say it ever behooved me to wonder why some people masterbate and some don't so the whole thing is a bit perplexing ... to me.

I stated what i did because some people in this thread are making this into some weird thing that if someone doesn't masterbate habitually there must be something inherently wrong.

I think that for starters worrying about someone else's masterbation habits is in itself a bit warped.

That is not intended toward you, just in general over threads like this ... i can't say it ever behooved me to wonder why some people masterbate and some don't so the whole thing is a bit perplexing ... to me.

yeah, who cares? people like what they like and do what they want to do!

I see, well I myself do wonder about such things. I won't go onto say I think you're weird if you don't but it is fairly natural to wonder such things. Especially about such things that are so private. Exposing those private thoughts and what not gives me and probably some insight.

i have to interrupt this thread to say....

masturbation needs to be revised and spelled 'masterbation'

because it makes more sense.

For some reason no matter what I spell it the other way everytime despite knowing the right way.

I do the same thing with schizophrenic. I know how it is spelled but habitually spell it schysophrenic.

And this is coming from someone who is a very good speller. LOL

I guess so long as we don't believe like the old days that 'masterbation' will make one 'schysophrenic' the spelling is ok either way. LOL

Honestly compared to when I didn't masturbate regularly.. I feel much better now. I like that I turn myself on. I love being able to have sexy time on my own. It doesn't feel tedious or weird.. it's fun! It makes me feel more confident too. I would recommend it to anyone I can understand why people don't do it though and it bothers me because I think that people could be a lot happier doing it

Where do you see pent up aggression? that is in your own head. People are having dialogue on a topic you started. What i do see here is some people being upset that people are not conforming to the rules they believe to be true.

When i was a young girl exploring my sexuality i did this more but have since not needed to do it. I have a regular sex life and honestly do not find the desire to masterbate at any type of frequency. Where is the pent up aggression in this statement?

Archived