Why don't a lot of women masturbate?

littleladyluck

My Girlfriend Doesn't Want to G...
My Girlfriend Doesn't Want to Get Married, but I Do [SOLVED]
  • Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I go through phases, currently its a couple of times a month, if that...but I think I'm one of the few of the girls I know that does it, or that is open about it.

I think many women hide it. And those who genuinely don't...well, there is something to be said about sexual repression.

Some people just are not comfortable discussing such things in person.

I mean, think of it, every single person, male or female gives it a wank with their right hand (mostly), yet we all shake hands when introduced.

Since you already know your girlfriends are getting themselves off, why do you want to push them to admit it to you?

hmm rarely do i ever masturbate unless its during intercourse to stimulate myself to O. even when i'm alone its rare. cant even remember the last time i masturbated alone actually.

i dont think its weird or disturbing, some ppl just dont have any interest in doing it..

One must also keep in mind that just because they don't do it doesn't make them repressed; that smacks of judgment and if we here at ENA are okay with the extreme sides of sexuality then we'd be hypocritical if we weren't equally as accommodating of the conservative sides of the spectrum.

This does reinforce, a little, of an issue I have with these forums that almost any sexually-conservative person "must be because of":

religion

repression

problem that needs to be fixed and talked about

and while sometimes this may be true, perhaps we should go in without judging and wait for the person themselves to provide why they are the way they are sexually, you'd be surprised how often they give the answers even without realizing it.

EDIT: I'd like to qualify my statement by saying I don't masturbate because I find it a little bit pathetic and a waste of time for me personally, but hats off to people who find it worthwhile for their time.

Some people just are not comfortable discussing such things in person.

I mean, think of it, every single person, male or female gives it a wank with their right hand (mostly), yet we all shake hands when introduced.

Since you already know your girlfriends are getting themselves off, why do you want to push them to admit it to you?

I don't think you understand. I don't berate my girlfriends into telling me how they masturbate. We are all really open and they aren't lying about it. My friends tell me they feel uncomfortable doing it, or that they can't get themselves to orgasm.

i dont think its weird or disturbing, some ppl just dont have any interest in doing it..

I just don't understand how people can be having sex.. if they don't enjoy masturbating. It doesn't make sense for me. How can you feel good and confident in bed if you can't enjoy it by yourself?

Trust me, a majority of girls do masturbate, they just don't want to openly admit it and the few that actually don't, are more likely the ones that have never orgasmed.

Not to sound contrary, but have you surveyed the entirety of the female population or at least a cross-population of thousands? I'd be willing to accept it on face-value that a large number of women likely have masturbated but you sound so sure of yourself that I'm curious.

I just don't understand how people can be having sex.. if they don't enjoy masturbating. It doesn't make sense for me. How can you feel good and confident in bed if you can't enjoy it by yourself?

Masturbation lacks physical and emotional connection with another human being.

now this is news to me lol.. didnt know you had to enjoy masturbation on a regular basis in order to have sex. i feel great in bed, very confident regardless.

wether i masturbate or not has no effect on my sex life whatsoever. i dont NEED masturbation, its not something i look forward to doing everyday the way you do.

to me its a means to an end during intercourse when i do decided to stimulate myself that way, but most of my orgasms come from him giving me oral anyway. so it isnt necessary most of the time.

I do it.

I have to admit.. it's something I do more as i get older.

I think younger girls are less comfortable with doing so... and i did find when I first started doing so, i was 'less good' at it. Now that i am older and experienced.. i know EXACLTY what i need to do to get myself off.

It's great!

Of course, I would rather have the real thing and if I'm having sex every day, I'm probably not going to do it as often.

I do it.

I have to admit.. it's something I do more as i get older.

I think younger girls are less comfortable with doing so... and i did find when I first started doing so, i was 'less good' at it. Now that i am older and experienced.. i know EXACLTY what i need to do to get myself off.

It's great!

Of course, I would rather have the real thing and if I'm having sex every day, I'm probably not going to do it as often.

You've hit it right on the spot! Yes masturbation lacks emotional and physical connections.. thats what makes it so great! I think if girls really knew how great it really is.. they would do it more. You can't say don't masturbate because you really love it.. it takes a while to get used to it I'll admit that.. but it's a learning curve.. it sounds like some girls are getting really defensive.. sorry if i sound too aggressive! I'm just confused as to why girls don't enjoy it more!

I do it because I don't have a bf right now...of course I rather have the pleasure with a guy, but I am not going to just pick someone up off the street to have sex with because I want to. I rather have safe sex instead of casual sex.

I always had extremely high hormones my whole life and if I don't get off sometimes I feel to much energy in my body and it makes me feel as though my nerves are snapping especially when I have erotic dreams I wake up feeling hot and horny.

lol...I am not worried when I do find a new mate he will be greatly satisfied and go to work with a smile and skip in his walk...hehehe.

I do it because I don't have a bf right now...of course I rather have the pleasure with a guy, but I am not going to just pick someone up off the street to have sex with because I want to. I rather have safe sex instead of casual sex.

I always had extremely high hormones my whole life and if I don't get off sometimes I feel to much energy in my body and it makes me feel as though my nerves are snapping especially when I have erotic dreams I wake up feeling hot and horny.

lol...I am not worried when I do find a new mate he will be greatly satisfied and go to work with a smile and skip in his walk...hehehe.

Love this! I feel the same way.. I always have wet dreams.. masturbating is a great way to relax

If masturbation seems silly then sex is silly. Could you imagine if guys didn't masturbate but they had sex? Weird!

I never said that so don't put words in my mouth, also you're assuming I'm a girl.

Sex, for me, is a means to express physically the love I share with someone who reciprocates those feelings, masturbation doesn't register as anything more than a waste of time for me.

i think most girls masturbate, if they say they dont they are lying lol

or they're telling the truth, without any knowledge of the person or without a background in body language can you really say someone is lying without coming off as presumptuous?

Personally, I have no opinion on percentages until I see a survey from a reputable source but it's nothing to be ashamed about doing, and also shouldn't be something to be shamed about not doing.

I never said that so don't put words in my mouth, also you're assuming I'm a girl.

Sex, for me, is a means to express physically the love I share with someone who reciprocates those feelings, masturbation doesn't register as anything more than a waste of time for me.

As a guy, I masterbate to take care a of drive, not really cause I really like doing it. I mean its pleasurable, but well the real thing is a million times better.

As a guy, I masterbate to take care a of drive, not really cause I really like doing it. I mean its pleasurable, but well the real thing is a million times better.

That's a perfectly fine reason, I'm not saying there's no use for it, just that there's no use for me.

Archived