Apparantly I'm a freak?

Rose21

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lol how do you crack your chest? what is there to crack?! That's funny

I dunno, down the middle it cracked, and then, of course on the part that's connected to the front part of the shoulders. It felt so strechted out, I thought I was gonna tear something. Didn't really hurt, but felt uncomfortable for like a minute and I thought "man, this is gonna be like a sprain. Doesn't hurt at first and you can still walk on your ankle, but the next day it's gonna hurt like hell" but it didn't hurt at all the next day. I thought it was funny.

Yes I'm double jointed. And double jointed in my elbows. I can move my arm fully around where my elbows are on the outside and people go "eww!"

I crack my knuckles all the time, I twist my head to side to side and crack them, I flex my elbows and those crack, I crack my toes. I sit on a chair and turn to side to side and my back cracks on both side or when I do a back bend. Feels good!

When I get up in the morning and push my leg back, my inner knees crack like crazy. Like 5 pops at once haha.

When I was doing my crazy poses my mom said she heard ALOOT of cracking. haha. Oh well, didn't hurt me.

apparently my joints are really sensitive though.

Went camping one time, was lying on my stomach and a big dog stepped on the back of my knee and this hapened!

link removed

Worst pain I've EVER felt.

Except it was worse then this picture. The knee cap was actually behind my leg

Then my redneck popped it back in. Ouch again! But relief lol.

Lol it's fun. It comes so natural to me and lots of people say ew but I don't see anything wrong with it. I thought everyone could do it?

Me and my mom can do it.

But my brother and my stepdad can't. But they can roll their tongues, which me or my mom cant.

It comes with heridity.

I've just always been quite flexible. I was in gymnastics when I was younger, and I always had a little gymnists body up until I was 14. Then 14 and 15, and part of 16 were my chunky years. Lol. Then I lost 30 lbs and started eating very healthy and organic, now I'm 112 lbs and have 11% body fat. Lower then some athletes. Yay=)

Rose, it is not healthy for someone to brag about being a woman with only 11% body fat. That is way too low for a woman, and you should be at least 21% body fat or you will start to have health/hormone issues, plus set yourself up for serious issues like osteoporosis.

You need treatment for an eating disorder if you are bragging about body fat this low.

Male atheletes may have body fat this low, but that is fine for them, but not for a woman due to the differences in body function/types.

I am also noticing a common pattern developing in your threads... you seem to need to feel more 'special' than anyone else... thinner, more flexible/able to bend your joints in abnormal ways, more 'special' than other people because you don't want to be identified as looking common or like anyone else.

These kinds of thoughts can lead to severe anorexia, because you feel the need to be different/better than anyone else and perceive better as being thinner.

You need to work on feeling fine about who you are, without reference to other people and needing to be better/different than they are in your own mind. It's OK to not be the 'best' at everything or different. You should try to just embrace who you are and not compete with standards that may not be good for your own health.

For example, working to get 11% body fat when that is extremely unhealthy... or twisting yourself into pretzels when you may be causing joint damage by popping things out of their sockets like that picture you posted of that knee.

Why not learn how to compete in healthy ways? Find some good goals that are designed to take you somewhere in life (i.e., achieving at school) rather than just proving you are different than other people?

If you can't do that on your own or keep taking things to extremes that may be harmful to yourself, you might consider therapy, especially for an eating disorder that puts your body fat at only 11%.

This is what I can do with my arms.

It's called "hyperextending."

link removed

Holy crap! I wish I was that flexible...flexibility is a great thing. Less prone to injuries and of course you're not dealing with pain and whatnot like I am...

I may be joining a local yoga class again. My body really needs it!

While I do have a very low body fat % I wouldn't say I'm unhealthy.

I DO NOT starve myself. Because I am so active and work out multiple times a week, I have a high metabolism. I eat twice as much as my boyfriend sometimes, for he has a very slow metabolism. I used to be in track, and I can burn it off like it's nothing. I do multiple sit ups and pushups to achieve my abs. I am nowhere close to just skin and bones. Most of it is muscle.

Infact, although I do think my thighs are kind of big, I realize the only way to get them smaller would be to LOOSE muscle. And I don't want to do that.

I think V-Secret model bodies are desirable, they have curves. But runway models and Americas next top model, I don't find that pretty. They're too tall, skinny, and gainly looking. Must be hard finding clothes too.

I'm 112 lbs and 5"3. I'm skinny, I'm petite, but I'm nowhere close to stickly, or sickly, or frail.

I have pretty big arm muscles for a girl lol. And I do have a 6 pack. (like a girl, not guy)

Being flexible is just something I've always been able to do.

It depends on my mood. I don't starves myself. Yesterday since it was my day off and I sleeped in and didn't do much activity, I just ate a peanutbutter sandwhich and sushi for dinner. I didn't have a big appetite.

But other days I'm really hungry. Usualy when I go out to eat, since it's not often, I always get a desert. Can't help the sweet tooth

But obviously I'm healthy considering everyone in my family and boyfriend get sick alot and I NEVER get sick. I get bronchitis like once a year, but I've never gotten the flu, strep throat, pink eye, and I havent thrown up in like 4 years. Yeah, I'd say I'm fine.

When I lost weight the first week I was on Lexapro, like too much for me, I thought I was too skinny.

But I like where I am now, and I don't think it's unhealthy at all.

I'm just active is all. I eat alot of organic things aswell.

Well actually since I've been on lexapro I haven't been having many mood problems.

I've been much more confident in myself, and I don't find the need to ask my boyfriend things like "what are you up to?" or feel worried AT ALL. I trust him, and I know there is no need for me to be worried.

And also, since lexapro has been getting stronger I don't feel the need to count calories, I eat whatever I want. Just in moderation with sweets etc.

My mentality now is, "It doesn't matter if I eat this piece of cake now. I'm already so skinny. I'll just work out tomorrow or the day after." No biggie.

Having sweets a few times a week isn't going to make me gain weight.

i well wish i was this flexible, or even just a bit more than i am already.

ahaha! same here.

I think you're slowly developing a more "realistic" approach to eating and weight maintanance. Maybe different from others, but as long as don't feel you need to pass on food or desserts and don't feel guilty for no reason (eating!) then carry on.

But yea, I wouldn't put too much into body fat% if you're not weight training, are obese etc.

Lol yeah.

I pride myself on being strong, I DO NOT want to gain weight, but if I want it, I also want pass up the oppurtunity for a piece of cheese cake etc=))

Yum. I told my boyfriend for my b-day after he takes me out of dinner, I want a hot fudge brownie sundae! Yay. And I love cheese cake.

And I love Starbucks mochas, no whip. When people tell me how many calories are in them I just say, "Shhh, I don't think about that. Drinks don't count. Besides I work out." lol.

Why'd I say strong? Weird. I meant skinny. (brain fart

I guess ever since I've lost 30 lbs a few years back, I want to keep that up.

I did it the healthy way though.

I lost it during a whole summer. Didn't go the gym more then once. Just did alot of excercises at home and ate healthy.

Why'd I say strong? Weird. I meant skinny. (brain fart

I guess ever since I've lost 30 lbs a few years back, I want to keep that up.

I did it the healthy way though.

I lost it during a whole summer. Didn't go the gym more then once. Just did alot of excercises at home and ate healthy.

Maybe you obsess about your weight b/c you're afraid to gain that weight back slowly?

It could be. I still wasn't over weight then. I was like 135. But I like where I'm at now. I could stand to loose 5 more lbs, but then I'm not trying to, and I don't want to loose more then that. I would like to keep my butt and boobs.

Not to go off topic but if you think like this it could lead to problems.. What happens when you lose the 5 lbs? We all feel we could lose an extra 5 lbs most of the time, but if you're already thin, then there isn't much to lose and it's best you don't push yourself to keep losing "those extra 5 lbs".

Plus, 5 lbs on a tiny frame like yours will make a noticeable difference. I'm 125 or so and your exact height. I could stand to lose 10 or so. But when I even lose 7 everyone acts like I've lost ALOT..

Well yeah, that's why I said AT MOST 5. I don't' want to loose more then that.

And that would only be if I lost if from my regular eating habbits and excercising.

i wouldn't be holding off on sweets, eating less, or excercising more, thereforee I wouldn't be TRYING to.

I have a nice butt, and my boyfriend says "DO NOT LOOSE IT!" And although my boobs are small, they have gotten bigger over the year and I feel happy. However, if I loose 5 lbs they'll be all gone=( I like having boobs!

My friend is very sick, she's not anorexic, she just had something wrong with her and they keep doing all of these tests on her. They don't know what is wrong, and they are cutting out all of these foods she can't eat including sugar and everything.

She lost like 15 lbs, and she was already pretty thin. Like 2 inches taller then me, and maybe 10 lbs heavier.

And everyone was telling her how bad she looked, how she was flat chested and had a pancake butt (she had a nice butt before) and her guy friend told her "I told you not to loose anymore weight. You don't look good."

It deeply offends her because she doesnt want to be this way, and she can't help it.

She wants to go to the gym to tone up and get muscle tone, but the doctor told her to hold off and take it really easy.

I feel bad for her=(

Archived