Apparantly I'm a freak?

Rose21

So tonight me, my mom, and my brother were doing yoga poses. I was doing some, where I THOUGHT were normal, but to them it was very weird and freakish.

I've always been VERY flexible and been able to do things many others couldn't. Alot of parts of my body always pop and crack, and my back is very flexible.

I was hanging from the bed backwards, and I twisted my body (mostly back) upright and twisted towards them. This creeped them out and my mom thought it was something out of the Excorcist and was worried I'd hurt myself.

I've been able to do things like this, and twist my elbows inside out, and nobody's really understood it. Thinks it's creepy, or weird.

But I just pride myself on being very flexible.

What are your thoughts about this?

My mom asked if I was trying out for the Circus. haha.

Do you think it's really THAT abnormal? I was told, nobody is supposed to be able to bend their back into a complete 180. But apparently I can.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well that's what I was wondering.

If everyone else felt it was weird like them, or it was fine like me.

My mom doesn't think it's healthy the way I can twist my back to side to side and pop it like I do my knuckels.

And how I have these 3 little spot bruises that are formed in a line on my lower back. I don't know where they came from, but they're been there for years now.

I've just been extremly flexible, and I would be good in gymnastics.

And that's what I told her. That it is common for people like gymnists.

But other then people in those types of fields, I haven't met many people as flexible as me.

What was freaky for me was when I was doing a headstand at a yoga class once, I was being helped by the female instructor, she was in front of my head,with her legs outstretched and I suddenly felt a gust of air on my crown. She said "ahhhhhhhhh, sorry, trapped wind" and I said "not any more sister!" She always blamed the beans, now that is freaky, to her a woman fart at yoga.

Yeah I guess I should be careful about stretching my limit. I don't know what that is!

After watching that video, it gives me ideas for new material and things to try

Lol.

I enjoy being flexible, it has helped out immensely in the ~ahem~ bedroom, and I use to show off my flexibility to friends back in the day lol.

It's just ever since my mom said something I'm starting to think that maybe my back looks abnormal?

its not weird at all.

now some of those little asian girls who can put their legs over their head and shoot a bow and arrow and actually hit a balloon at the other end of the room. thats 'freaky' but in a talented way.

Yes I can do the Ghost.

I can also lie on my back, but my legs behind my head, touch my toes, and rock back and fourth like a little boat haha.

I wouldnt really call it an AMAZING talent.

i used to be able to do that and where you lay on your stomach and scratch my forehead with my toes.

maybe you're double-jointed. I think I, myself, am pretty flexible, but definitively no gymnast or anything crazy like that, but I think I can do things MOST people can't.. I also crack my joints and back and shoulder muscles very easily... All that cracking used to freak me out cause I didn't know why it happened. I guess it's nothing wrong with me, hopefully.

maybe you're double-jointed. I think I, myself, am pretty flexible, but definitively no gymnast or anything crazy like that, but I think I can do things MOST people can't.. I also crack my joints and back and shoulder muscles very easily... All that cracking used to freak me out cause I didn't know why it happened. I guess it's nothing wrong with me, hopefully.

My brother could crack stuff too. Even his toes.

My brother could crack stuff too. Even his toes.

Me too! Especially my big toe on my right foot... It cracks when I just wiggle it around. I can crack my back and shoulders and knuckles easily. Can't crack my neck except for the back of my neck and sometimes only. Can't crack my knees and elbows either. I cracked my chest the other day... Without stretching I was playing with someone's trapeze... I kinda did something and was gonna fall face first but caught all my weight by grabbing the two ropes and my chest and arms stretched out so much, and my chest made a pretty loud cracking noise I had never heard before, lol. I thought I was gonna be in pain the next day, but didn't feel anything, so...

Archived