When you are older than 23

BronzedSkin123

you are not considered young anymore. Men start to want 19 year olds. and people are less nice to you because you aren't a teenybopper anymore. The years that you are considerd young are short and fleeting. By the time you hit 25 you are considered old, and guys are trying to get 17/18 year old girls

That's the impression I get from society. I'll never reveal my age to anyone, I'll try to keep my youthful look and lie about my age for here on out in this age obsessed society.

Actually when I was 23 and over there were always men who didn't want to date me because I was too young for them. I think you're referring to certain men who prefer to date teenagers because their focus is, perhaps, on feeling powerful (although in reality that's probably not the case), being able to be in control more than with a woman (as opposed to a girl) who is more independent and fully formed, and perhaps a focus on sex if the thought is that a younger body is a firmer body (again not always the case, just the perception).

I had far more success in relationships in my 30s, especially after age 35 because of my increased self esteem, better hair products (had to combat those frizzies!), and my being done with being so focused on marriage as the be all/end all. I had plenty of male attention (well, plenty for me, which might be a different amount than for someone else), dated and had serious relationships with lovely, quality men and when I started dating my husband (we were both 38), he had no interest in dating someone in her 20s, much less 19 years old!

That's a very personalized perspective about society that is very unhealthy to have, but not without merit as I completely know where you come from. Much of that reaction in men, unfortunately, has to do with biology and their desire for intercourse (my opinion, of course).

I'm a 25 year-old guy who loves to have a young-looking women, but hates having a young women. I would much prefer to find an equilibrium between attraction and maturity, and during some days where I feel angry or bitter about the world (especially women), I tell myself that I would much prefer a mature, level-headed women more than have one in my life that is attractive at all.

Anyway, while I think you're right to some extent, I wouldn't stereotype or lump every guy in the same basket. We're all different, and we're not all shallow (but remember that all relationships boil down to personal value and that should the man wish to have a young gal, then that's his call and we can't judge him for it [not that you're really judging...]).

I totally disagree with your comments Bronzedskin.

I am 26 years old and definitely have more guys interested in me now than ever. Most of the guys I am dating are sick of the young girls and how immature they are. They seemed to be impressed at my level of success for my age and even more impressed that I don't need a man to provide me with any money. I think the guys you are talking about have not yet realized the immaturity of alot of younger girls.

I still look like I am about 23ish. I still get carded everywhere I go and the legal age here is 19. I found when I was younger, I was treated worse by the general public (Especially by older people in retail situations, I guess they figured I could not pay for anything). I find now that I am a little older, I get more respect.

I think you need to look at things a little differently.

you are not considered young anymore. Men start to want 19 year olds. and people are less nice to you because you aren't a teenybopper anymore. The years that you are considerd young are short and fleeting. By the time you hit 25 you are considered old, and guys are trying to get 17/18 year old girls

That's the impression I get from society. I'll never reveal my age to anyone, I'll try to keep my youthful look and lie about my age for here on out in this age obsessed society.

What kind of circles do you run in? As you get older, you should look to places that are different than where the college guys hang out. A rite of passage, so to speak You'll find a more balanced perspective.

You just revealed your age on here! lol. JK

I would have to agree with everyone else on here when they say that is a personalized perception.

I am 27 years old and I agree that I get hit on by a lot more 18-19 year old girls than 23+ women. I would love to date women closer to my age but it seems like the yournger women are more aggressive.

I think that if you started to be a bit more aggressive in flirting with older guys, you would be a lot more successful.

I would agree that when a man gets to be around 25, he might be a little more dran towards younger women but at my age, I would have to say that I am sick of the younger women and I would LOVE to start dating women 23 and above lol.

Too much drama with the youngins ya know!? ha ha.

Im 27 and i dont want anyone under the age of 23. Too imature and have had my drama with 21 22 yr olds! no more for drewcious. Main reason why i prefer them a tad younger than me is because they are more aggressive, still like to have fun and dont have kids or have been married. Many women my age have already been married and or divorced and have a kid or two. Or maybe thats just where i live but that is why i prefer them a bit younger!

you are not considered young anymore.

Depends on who is doing the considering. They may think you're not a "dumb teenager" anymore either, and that's not all bad.

Men start to want 19 year olds.

Some men want 19 year olds. Some men will also want to date women their own age (whatever that age may be). And some men will prefer to date women older than themselves. My own husband is 11 years younger than me, and he was never attracted to women his age or younger EVER. I met him when I was 37 and he was 26.

and people are less nice to you because you aren't a teenybopper anymore.

Actually, I've found people treat you about as well or as badly as you allow them to....no matter what your age. Will I forgive social awkwardness in a teenager that I may judge more critically in an adult? Sure. Because there are certain things we should learn as we grow and mature -- how to behave in public, how to carry on a polite conversation, when to keep one's opinions to oneself, -- stuff like that. But what would you rather have -- someone's respect and belief that you are a mature adult or someone excusing your faux pas as, "Oh, she's just a kid, she doesn't know any better."?

The years that you are considerd young are short and fleeting. By the time you hit 25 you are considered old, and guys are trying to get 17/18 year old girls

Some guys. Some will avoid young ones like the plague.

That's the impression I get from society.

Where, exactly, you getting your input from? What you see on TV, in the movies, in magazines? If ANY of it is coming from the media, you need to create a better mental filter. For the most part the media is trying to sell you something and one sure-fire way to do that is to make you feel crappy about yourself and your life as it is.

I'll never reveal my age to anyone, I'll try to keep my youthful look and lie about my age for here on out in this age obsessed society.

Then be prepared for a backlash. Sometime, when you're bored, look up the number of threads people have posted here regarding dates who would not reveal their age or lied about their age. The words "red flag" come up a lot...as in..."If s/he lied about their age, it's a red flag because you wonder what ElSE s/he may lie about."

Aging is inevitable. All of us do it, and you cannot stop or reverse it. If you want to take a negative view of it and believe your life is over at the ripe old age of 24, go ahead and be miserable. That's your right. And if we assume you'll have an average lifespan, then I figure you've got, oh, 5 or 6 decades to be miserable. If that's how you want to live your life, go ahead. But understand that you will be doing that to yourself with your attitudes and beliefs --- it will not be done to you by "society."

I will tell you this, though....you couldn't pay me enough to be in my 20's again. When I look back at my own 20's and get glimpses into the lives the current crop of 20-somethings.......no thanks....and I'll leave it at that.

Hah. I think not, I'm 25 and have problems finding someone closer to my age in this college-town. People my age can't generally find work here. Even so, generally speaking an 18-20 year-old is pretty much out of the question for me. Usually just too immature. 21+ is better, out of college is a big plus...

I know some very pretty 19 year olds, but unfortunately none of them are very mature. I also know an absolutely gorgeous 24 year old that impresses me to no end with her depth and independence. It's really no contest.

Also... 23 is not old. 25 isn't old. That's just plain silly

I'm 21 and just had my first experience dating an older woman. She was 23 and we dated for about a month. I have to say that I now understand the appeal of dating an older woman as we had a lot in common in terms of intellectualism, but she was still immature in a lot of ways (granted, I had a lot of stuff going on with me so I wasn't the best either).

I can say that I've dated younger girls, and I'm going to date some older girls and compare the experiences... not the girls. A lot of people have been telling me to date older women because of the difference in maturity and mindset, and I daresay that it may very well be what I need to do to find someone I can really connect with and avoid a lot of the drama I've encountered in the past.

If a guy isn't interested because you are over 23, then why, WHY would you even want to date him? He's obviously not looking for a mature relationship. Teen-aged girls are generally easier for men to manipulate than grown women...might be why certain guys seek them out...I dated a few of these jerks when I was 15-17. Now I look back and think about how sad and pathetic it was that a 21-23 year old guys preyed on a 15-17 year old girl. Don't misunderstand, I don't see myself as a victim, I engaged in those "relationships" by choice. But the guy I saw as a "player", and thereforee a "trophy" for me to have snagged him, and the guys I thought made ME look mature for having dated them, now look to me like a pathetic losers who couldn't engage or deal with women their own age.

I'm in my late 30's now. Sadly, I am closer to middle age than teen-age. I have never lied about my age (ok- when I was 17 and went to the bars...but other than that...). Besides, if I ever WAS going to lie about my age, I'd say I'm older than I really am...

I'd rather have someone look at me and think "Hmm, she looks pretty good for 42", than "32? Brrr- she must have lived a rough life..."

LOL

Seriously. Don't try to be something you're not. You'll never get the relationship you want- because in the end, you want someone who will value and appreciate YOU, not some fact-fudged version of you....

Geez - so young and so bitter!

I am 20 years older than you, and I get more action now than I did at 23, and I am just as hot. Well, an older version, but still the same body size, still in great shape, but like Batya mentioned, older women ROCK because they have confidence and carry themselves as such.

No offense, but although you probably have flawless, unwrinkled skin and perky boobs, your attitude sucks and that will turn guys off.

I don't agree with this either.

At age 29, married with a child, I have not noticed a difference in mens' reactions to me. They still pay attention- even though it's unwanted.

Some if it actually grosses me out a bit- (I am not a fan of cat calling when I am walking alone with my son in a baby carriage!)

I don't think you'll ever have to worry about men not paying attention to you if you are a confident women. The few older ones who choose to drool over teenagers are really not ones that you should want to be bothered with anyways. From what I've seen, in many cases, those types are looking for girls with a daddy complex who are young and naive and who will not pose a challenge to them mentally or through status/power. Steer clear.

I've dated younger than myself by a few years, and it never worked out well. In both cases, I was in the job market and she was in college. The ages were closer the first time, and the results were different (the first one wanted to uh... broaden her experience... and the second one was far less mature than I expected).

I've since set a sort of warning flag for myself... age under 25. The reasons are two fold - anybody younger than that is not likely to be in a similar place in her life, and she's younger than my kid brother. It's one of my three flags, none of which are inviolable, but they're things I keep an eye out for.

If this is your impression of society, you probably need to get out more, and surround yourself with different people. I'm 37 and I get more attention now than I ever did in my twenties. You have written other posts here about all the things you are unhappy with in your life. Perhaps those are the things that are affecting your ability to find a relationship.

At 23 years you are still young & hopefully within your physical prime. Real men want real women, not real teenagers.

Archived