When you are older than 23

BronzedSkin123

I don't care about age too much, either the attraction is there or it isn't. I do have some limits, of course... 18 being the lower limit, more for legal reasons than anything else. I'm not going to assume someone is immature just because of their age, just like I won't assume someone is mature because of their age.

First of all, you only need ONE person to love, not the entire human race. So who cares if SOME men want 17 or 18 year olds. Would you even want a man that shallow, that all he cares about is super young flesh?

And personally, you need to spend time developing other aspects of yourself that you are not so obsessed with your own looks or the looks of other people. So what if you're not a teenager anymore. EVERYONE gets older, and many can stay attractive and vital for their whole lives, relative to their peers. You have to understand that your peers are no longer 17 year olds, so why should you even care about them.

Most people over the age of 25 will laugh at the fact that you think 23 is 'old'. You need to get a grip and put life into perspective, and find a way to be interested in what life has to offer that has nothing to do with looks, and to be interested in people who aren't so shallow they would want to date a teenager when they are in their 20s or older themselves.

you are not considered young anymore. Men start to want 19 year olds. and people are less nice to you because you aren't a teenybopper anymore. The years that you are considerd young are short and fleeting. By the time you hit 25 you are considered old, and guys are trying to get 17/18 year old girls

That's the impression I get from society. I'll never reveal my age to anyone, I'll try to keep my youthful look and lie about my age for here on out in this age obsessed society.

Which guys are giving you this impression? From my experience guys who want a relationship actually want someone who's over 21 (if they're also over 21 of course). 25 isn't considered old at all.

I agree some people may put enphasis on age.. but I wouldn't call them age obsessed. Nowdays people accept that age is just a number.

Also, I'd actually stay away from a guy who was my age and older who WANTED to hit on a 17/18 yr old.. They'd be doing me a favor by telling me they only want such young girls who are not yet/almost women compared to 23+ year old men..

I'm 23 and my last girlfriend was four years younger. Her age (or rather her being as mature as an average girl of that age) turned out to be one of the main reasons it didn't work. I'm definitely looking for someone much closer to my age from now on.

Archived