Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Annie's Journal of Dating and Body Hair Removal

annie24

There's a voice to text application on the Iphone???? Why do I not know this?!?!

Annie - don't let it get you down! It could be like Rohnos said, some men are looking for something casual and if you have on your profile you aren't, they can look at it and go 'nope, I want a fling' and then move on. But your profile count still keeps going up, ya know?

ha...i was on the chair lift with some woman last weekend and she had this. doing business on the freakin' chair!! she was like a robot.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't do it in public. Ha ha ha. I still remember the first time I saw somebody talking on an ear piece with their phone. That was 10 years ago. There was a man in a business suit at the airport just talking to himself, or what I thought he was just talking to himself. I was thinking wow he doesn't look mentally insane. Why is he talking to himself?

....AND i think he's an ass clown.

he said he would call me 1ish today. I didn't hear from him by 2, so I called him. He just called me (almost an hour later). said that he's really sorry, his family took him on a surprise trip up north for the weekend (early birthday present) and he apologized several times. he was like, 'i know that i said i would call you this weekend or later this week to meet up. you don't start work until a few weeks, right?' i said, 'yes, but i have other stuff to do.' he said can i call you later this week when i get back? i said 'i'll see.' hm.

do i give him another chance? i think he should have let me know as soon as he found out he would be out of town. or do i just tell him to take a hike and move on?

I think it's rude. I think he could have at the very least, texted me on friday or saturday to let me know he'd be out of town. I really don't like it when someone treats me like this, so early on. I mean, it takes so little effort. even though we didn't have a time/place set, he definitely said meet up on Sunday. So, I really shouldn't have had to be the one to call him to say, 'hey - what's going on for today?'

That's fine if he had to cancel, but it's rude that he didn't inform me when he knew (Friday or Saturday). I just think it's not really respectful. Truthfully, I was 'meh' about him in the first place. This doesn't help. As they say, you never get a second chance to make a first impression.

But a lot of times first impressions are wrong as well. L can come off as arrogant and snobbish when you first encounter him but past that is an AMAZING guy. Idk, I think I'm on the same wavelength as Hers. In a way it is rude but look at it this way, you haven't even met yet. There's no set 'he should have done this' aside from common courtesy. Which yes, is huge, but because you guys haven't met and aren't dating, remembering to text a few days before when his family sprung the trip on him may not have been a priority to him - or he forgot. Guys do that, a lot. I'm rambling now - point is I would give him a second chance. If he does it again as Hers said drop him like a hot potato - doesn't mean you can't continue looking at the guy pool while your waiting on his call. But if he doesn't call back I wouldn't call back - it's on him now.

I was re-reading this thread - somewhere in 2009, I had a date with another guy who canceled on me at the last second. (his cousin was sick with the flu and he wanted to take care of her). i was unsure, you guys told me to give him a second chance, and while the date went ok, he never called me again, and there were a lot of indications on the date that he 'hadn't cut the apron strings' with his family. just weird stuff. blah.

my interest level with S is already so meh, that this just pushes it down into 'i really don't feel like going out on a date with him' territory.

i also didn't like how he said, 'well, you're not working until march...' which is true, but i still have plenty of other stuff to do and don't much appreciate my time being wasted (see IKEA lamp discussion above!)

I think it's rude. I think he could have at the very least, texted me on friday or saturday to let me know he'd be out of town. I really don't like it when someone treats me like this, so early on. I mean, it takes so little effort. even though we didn't have a time/place set, he definitely said meet up on Sunday. So, I really shouldn't have had to be the one to call him to say, 'hey - what's going on for today?'

My .02 cents = don't give him another chance. Your time is valuable and he could have easily told you he was out of town.

My .02 cents = don't give him another chance. Your time is valuable and he could have easily told you he was out of town.

I just sent him an e-mail to this effect. That I'm not interested in going out with him anymore. That it would have been very easy to call or text on Friday or Saturday, instead of not doing anything until I called. I said that it is nice that his family arranged for this surprise weekend, and i understand that life happens and dates need to be rescheduled. But it's the way in which he did (or didn't) cancel that was not cool.

To be honest, he older than I specified in my match profile, and more overweight than what I like (turning 40 in a few days). He did mention that he had lost 50 lbs and had adopted a healthier lifestyle which made me think that was pretty cool. Not that I am a skinny minnie myself, but yeah, when I'm already on the fence, and willing to give a chance, and they blow it? no thanks.

I'm going to IKEA tomorrow and it's going to be fabulous. I live 2 miles away. This is amazing. I need to finish unpacking too. All the boxes are open, I just have about 15 more boxes to unpack.... it's almost starting to look like a real apartment.

L can come off as arrogant and snobbish when you first encounter him but past that is an AMAZING guy.

yeah, but all british people are like that. i don't take it personally if they do or say something that comes accross as snobbish because i know that's more of a cultural thing, than an actual attempt at snobbishness or arrogance.

yeah, but all british people are like that. i don't take it personally if they do or say something that comes accross as snobbish because i know that's more of a cultural thing, than an actual attempt at snobbishness or arrogance.

True, but if you don't know that the British are like that it can be taken wrong, My family (as much as I love them) are small minded to other ways of the world and thought he was being arrogant and snobbish without realizing it's just who he (and most Brits) are.

How are you settling into the new city? I know you were a little nervous with moving away from the home town.

So far, I really like it. I missed living in a big city with big city amenities. I lived in a medium sized city before, and while we had pretty much all the stuff I needed, it was still small. Buses might only run once an hour and stop at 10. Here, there's a bus or train going pretty much every 10 minutes to wherever I want to go. Big city crime though - my apartment building was broken into earlier this week. Neighbor down the hall got his door kicked in. Mine, no. I was at home, with my radio on, and I have a dead bolt so I guess they didn't bother (and if they did, they would have had to unpack my stuff or find my valuables between all the boxes everywhere!!!!)

I went to another dance class last morning, it was fun, but I am way over my head. I haven't danced this particular form in 1.5 years, and the 'muscle memory' isn't kicking in. She doesn't teach an easier class. But, she said I followed along well enough and to just keep practicing.

Archived