You are never alone if you have pets.

waveseer

Exactly, I know!!! My husband wants a dog more than anything in the world, but since we are in a small apartment with no yard and we both work all day, we're waiting on that...but even he acknowledges that our cats will certainly tide him by in the affection and hilarity departments (just not in the going-for-walks department).

They are my babies.

Some cats can fetch a paper wad, maybe you could teach them how.

Another shout out to the kitties!

Mine (

She also leads me to her food bowl every morning and sits next to me on the couch when I watch TV. She also never meows really. It is very odd, actually. When she does (which is once is a blue moon) it kinda shocks me because I don't remember what it sounds like.

With everything that has happened in the last few months, I am so grateful she is part of my life. When you live alone and have a pet, you aren't talking to yourself anymore, you're talking to your pet

Absolutely, I've actually had cats more than dogs because they're more independent and it suited me a little bit better. Unfortunately my cat died after surgery last spring and now I just have a dog, even though she's a good dog, I still miss my cat, and the cat before her too.

Last night it was so cold and I was home alone, so I cuddled with my dog (big dog) on the couch. She was so warm and relaxed, I found it very comforting.

How do your pets help you cope?

My cat is really sweet and really loving. Just having her around makes me feel happy and comfortable.

I agree, with a pet, a friend, a baby, you are not alone.

I LOVE animals. They are so precious. A great gift.

I'm a pet sitter & I love dogs & cats both. However, I've had cats attack me but dogs love me! I don't know what it is! Currently I'm taking care of 2 cats in separate homes (I go to them) & they hate me so much. It makes me sad. They hiss at me & swat at me. I have to go in the one house w/ a squirt gun & an umbrella in front of me. I get so upset that they don't like me! The other cat doesn't have claws so she doesn't intimidate me as much.

I don't know why they don't like me. I've tried going over in fresh clothes so I don't smell like other animals. I've tried talking nicely, letting them sniff me, all of that. Makes me so sad!

My uncle has a sychoziphrinit (sp?) cat. It hisses at itself & chases & bites its tail. He shows up randomly behind me & jus stares at me (like "I'm watching you. Do you know that?"--thats the dace he gives me). If I get too close to his food, he hisses & swats at me. Last night I came out of the bathroom (I'm staying there this weekend without them) & Willy is sitting right in front of the door just waiting for me. So creepy. He's also chased me into the bathroom before, hissing & growling. He's not the first cat to chase me & growl & try to attack me either.

I feel like a failure at my job sometimes w/ cats like that.

Ok vent over!

Actually, dogs have their own version of purring. When I cuddle with my dog he makes a sound that is akin to purring. My last dog did that as well.

Mine does too. It is this sound in her chest when she is half asleep and/or sleeping, and if you put your hand on her back you can feel it, for some odd reason it comforts me when i hear/feel it.

I tried to rep you for this but i have to spread it around more--seriously, that made my night. I talk to Cai like that too

Yeah I carry on full conversations with her outloud, doing both roles.

Last night it was this:

"Girls, will you promise me you'll live forever? Well I dont know mom, I'm just a dog and it's out of my control. I know girls but moms loves you and I want you around forever. Ok, mom, I'll try."

Man I love her.

Yeah I carry on full conversations with her outloud, doing both roles.

Last night it was this:

"Girls, will you promise me you'll live forever? Well I dont know mom, I'm just a dog and it's out of my control. I know girls but moms loves you and I want you around forever. Ok, mom, I'll try."

Man I love her.

LOVE IT!! I've got my husband "talking" for our big orange cat, because he can do this kinda doofy but very endearing voice that sounds exactly how I picture in my head that our big orange cat would talk. "Oh hi, mom. I'm just gonna curl up right...here...and put my head down and...nap."

We don't really try to do voices for our little Siamese, because she is so very prim and delicate (though cuddly), we just don't feel like we could do it properly. I imagine when the big orange cat is acting like a moron, she's thinking along the lines of "Well! I never."

I love that Hersmudder's calls 'em her girls. I do that too. My two cats are def my girls.

I was away for a few days over Christmas, so had a friend drop in to give the girls some attention. They stayed at home.

Getting back home, I really got a good glimpse of how much I really do love those little creatures. I missed them tonnes - first thing I did before anything else was round them up and smother them with affection.

No house is complete without some little entities running around, if you ask me. They certainly do bring so much warmth and love, can't imagine not having them anymore.

I love that Hersmudder's calls 'em her girls. I do that too. My two cats are def my girls.

I was away for a few days over Christmas, so had a friend drop in to give the girls some attention. They stayed at home.

Getting back home, I really got a good glimpse of how much I really do love those little creatures. I missed them tonnes - first thing I did before anything else was round them up and smother them with affection.

No house is complete without some little entities running around, if you ask me. They certainly do bring so much warmth and love, can't imagine not having them anymore.

Yep, me too!!! My husband I went to visit my p's out West for the holidays, and while my p's have two sweet dogs, I found myself really missing my babies. I wanted nothing more than to curl up in bed and have them in their "spots"--the big orange one spooning my side, the little one curled up around my head.

My husband said I shouldn't get my hopes up about them greeting me with love, as cats tend to hold grudges and be upset with their owners if they've been gone a while. I didn't think so--and happily I was right.

As soon as I walked in the door and called out "kittens, mom's home!! hello!!" they came running for loves and cuddles.

Our neighbor--a huge kitty lover who's become a very good friend--looked in on them frequently while we were gone, and it does an immense world of good for peace of mind, but I missed them just the same! I'm cozy right now with one snoozing on each foot.

Archived