Do you tell your SO you are on this site?

alli

This topic has probably been brought up before, however I've never seen it. I don't show my bf this site because I think he would be curious enough to check out what I say here. Although I'm not hiding anything from him, I still think I couldn't help but not be as candid here if I knew someone who knows me is reading what I say! I know some people are friends in real life on this site, but do you share it with your SO?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel like I'm lying by purposefully not being on this site when he is sitting next to me or something, but I just don't want to share it for the reasons I already listed. I also don't want to stop coming to this site to avoid that inner-conflict.

I probably talk too much about our relationship details, but it usually pertains to advice I give other people. And it's not like anyone knows who my bf is...

Well, I tell him I got to a forum and tell him some of the things I post about, and the responses I get.

But I wouldn't give him the name of the site, or show him my posts.

Some of them, expecially in the relationship section about him or him and I would make him upset or hurt him.

So I leave it best at that. He knows I come to a site, I talk about health problems, things with relationships, etc. But he just doesn't know the "specifics"

Well, I tell him I got to a forum and tell him some of the things I post about, and the responses I get.

But I wouldn't give him the name of the site, or show him my posts.

Some of them, expecially in the relationship section about him or him and I would make him upset or hurt him.

So I leave it best at that. He knows I come to a site, I talk about health problems, things with relationships, etc. But he just doesn't know the "specifics"

Not a bad idea. He doesn't ask you what the name of the site is?

No. And I'm glad he doesnt.

Whenever he's surfing the web on my computer, I'm always paranoid that he will come accross the site with my posts.

He doesn't mind that I blog and go to a site like this, but if he knew how frequently went here, or how in detail and personal I got about our relationship on here, oh he'd be upset.

I would not tell any girl I'm seeing.

In fact, whenever I have girls over, I delete the browser history to ensure they don't stumble accross anything interesting.

Sometimes, I'm tempted to delete my account - thus eliminating all my posts in one stroke. However, I've written so many amusing things here - I can never bring myself to do it.

I think I talk too much about my personal life. If any of my friends stumble accross this site, they'll probably be able to figure out my identity. That would cause an uproar in my social circles. I feel like I'm doing something risque everytime I post something.

Archived