Same jeans, different day.

sweetooth

Yeah soooo the guy I'm seeing currently wears the same jeans, day in, day out, for over a week now. I understand that they are $200 jeans and quite fashionable, but it seems like he either has no other jeans or they are his utmost FAVORITE jeans that he has to wear them everyday! I haven't said anything or teased him about it, but rather am secretely hoping he will don a different pair next time I see him...What do you guys think about this?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do people really notice this? LOL!! I only have 3 pairs of jeans, one are ruined now (wear and tear), the other are my skinny jeans not so comfy, so my last I'm currently wearing a lot. It's hard for me to find jeans that ACTUALLY FIT. But for a guy? I would think he could find jeans that fit MUCH EASIER!

Do people really notice this? LOL!! I only have 3 pairs of jeans, one are ruined now (wear and tear), the other are my skinny jeans not so comfy, so my last I'm currently wearing a lot. It's hard for me to find jeans that ACTUALLY FIT. But for a guy? I would think he could find jeans that fit MUCH EASIER!

I have the same problem.. It is hell finding jeans to fit me comfortably so I have like 3 pairs that actually fit so I wear them all the time.

Maybe since they are $200 jeans he couldn't afford to buy more? LOL

Does he wash them?

And are you sure they are the same jeans just not the same style?

I tend not to like wearing the same jeans for more than two days, three at a push, if I'm not going anywhere special. But never a week...they must reek by the time he decides to wash them.

I'd personally rather have 5 pairs of $60 jeans - of slightly different styles - and wear them for 2 days each, than 1 pair of $200 jeans and wear them forever.

Thats not too odd, I wouldnt do it but I know people or have known people that do this. I was listening to a radio station one morning & they had some fashion expert on that said you should NEVER watch your jeans, not even once...just air them out lol. I thought that was too funny, I can't imagine.

Thats not too odd, I wouldnt do it but I know people or have known people that do this. I was listening to a radio station one morning & they had some fashion expert on that said you should NEVER watch your jeans, not even once...just air them out lol. I thought that was too funny, I can't imagine.

Geez really?? I know washing them too much or too often can damage them but NEVER washing them?? ick!! Yea, you may not have to wash them after every wear but NEVER?? can you imagine the smell and the nastiness? *shivers*

hehehe...this is a funny post...I wear scrubs most of the time and then come home and wear my gui, then my nightgown...don't even have any jeans, but if I did perhaps I would go to the thrift store or a garage sale to buy my jeans....yep I am cheap...I have tons of clothes, but my problem is that jeans never fit a short girl with to many curves, and stretch pants are out of the question...hehehe...a good pair of sweats that tie or my army pants is good as it gets.

totally off topic but...

I have no idea how you women can stand wearing such tight jeans every day. I recently tried on a pair of jeans that were a size too small, and it was so claustrophobic and suffocating to even have them on for like 5 seconds.

hahahahah that is why i rarely wear tight jeans.

Geez really?? I know washing them too much or too often can damage them but NEVER washing them?? ick!! Yea, you may not have to wash them after every wear but NEVER?? can you imagine the smell and the nastiness? *shivers*

Yup that's what I thought, the smell has got to be nasty after a while. The one DJ asked ...what about if you go to a bar and reek of smoke and booze, she said no just air them out for a few hours they will smell fine LOL. She said, only time to clean them is when you get a stain and only to clean that stain with a cloth, water etc..but never in the washing machine, jeans arent meant to be washed.

I still wash my jeans, not single wear but at least after the second time I wear them.

Yup that's what I thought, the smell has got to be nasty after a while. The one DJ asked ...what about if you go to a bar and reek of smoke and booze, she said no just air them out for a few hours they will smell fine LOL. She said, only time to clean them is when you get a stain and only to clean that stain with a cloth, water etc..but never in the washing machine, jeans arent meant to be washed.

I still wash my jeans, not single wear but at least after the second time I wear them.

Yeah, since most days I am just around the house in my jeans I will wear them maybe 3 times before washing them. If I wear them out twice is the max though. Now my other clothes, yea, they get washed after every wear.

I'm prone to infections so if I don't wash them constantly I'll get an infection on my leg, uggh. Funny thing is, my fiance I kind of silently blew up when I saw he washed my jeans, twice!! My fault I left them there, then I did it again 2 days later after wearing them once, he washed them! Now they have rips and stuff, hahaha. Oh well. I went to the mall with my dad, he picked out some jeans for me, I picked some too, about 6-10 pairs, NONE fit me right. The crotch line is always TOO long or something, hahaha.

I'm a guy and I wear 3 different pairs of jeans a week. I make it work out so that I don't wear any given pair for more than 3 days without a wash, and I don't wear them consecutively more than 2 days in a row. On weekends, I spend more time in my underwear than during the week, so I've got more of a chance and more time to do laundry.

Do people really look at these things? I have very little fashion sense myself. I have three pair of the exact same $20 jeans that I rotate through, from Costco. I like them, they are comfy. I try not to wear the same pair more than three times before washing. They all look the same so I could imagine someone would take that I am wearing the same pair day in and day out.

To mix it up I wear some cords sometimes, my black jeans, and on rare occurrences I wear some dress pants. If you notice that they are the same jeans every day I think you would notice if they were being washed or not.

I don’t think I could ever imagine paying $200 for a pair of jeans. Frankly I don’t see the difference. Maybe I should ask someone with more fashion sense what would look good on me. **yells to Mom.

Do people really look at these things?

Sometimes. I have a friend that works so hard on his schoolwork that he sometimes spends 3 consecutive days sleeping at the school's library. So he wears the same clothes for like 3 consecutive days, lol. People have called him out on it. I never did, lol. I mean, only this one time cause it was the one time I actually stank, so I told him "man, go take a shower." As for me. I do wear the same sweatshirt very often over the winter so I did have this one guy call me out on it. No biggie. It never stinks cause I don't sweat during the winter like I do on the summer and spring, and I wash it pretty often and I never wear the same tshirt underneath it either.

Yeah soooo the guy I'm seeing currently wears the same jeans, day in, day out, for over a week now. I understand that they are $200 jeans and quite fashionable, but it seems like he either has no other jeans or they are his utmost FAVORITE jeans that he has to wear them everyday! I haven't said anything or teased him about it, but rather am secretely hoping he will don a different pair next time I see him...What do you guys think about this?

My ex used to wear the same jeans everyday. I am not sure if he washed them reguarly though. I dont think there is a lot wrong with wearing the same thing each day as long as the clothes are washed.

the other thing is he might have several pairs of the same jeans - i know one of my fav dresses, i own 2 of them and sometimes will wear them for a few days in a row - but new/clean one each time

Archived