I feel like a Cougar

JoJo90814

For those of you who dont know what a "Cougar," is...it is a older woman who dates younger men (Kind of like Demi and Ashton).

So there is this young man in my class who is 22 and I am 27. I can tell he is a little naive and inexperienced, but there is some major chemistry, flirting and connection going on between us (or so I think).

I dont know if I should ask him to hang out because he could possibly be gay (it comes out a little when he is talking). Also I have it pounded into my head that if a guy is into you he will ask YOU out.

I also dont know if I want to date someone younger than me like that esp.when I usually date established men a little older then me.

I just wanted to get some insight on this or if anyone has had similar experiences to share.

LOL this is not a cougar scenario. The age gap you mentioned is perfectly normal. I can't see anyone saying anything about this in a deragatory manner. Ashton and Demi have an almost 20 year age difference....(and i am not slamming them either, they seem to work out better than most hollywood romances).

A paraphrased quote from Vitus. He's a 12 year old boy that's proposing to this girl that's about 18.

"The average man dies 7 years before the average woman, and statistics show that on average women marry men who are 7 years older. That's 14 years of being a widow! But we'll die at the same time."

Well, especially if you, yourself, are a student too, I think there's absolutely no reason to hesitate pursuing. I mean, it'd be a slightly different story if you were out of school working for a company or something and living on your own. I'm not saying you don't live on your own, etc. Just that college and post-college are different stages in life, in my opinion...

i'm your age and i fell for a guy who was 4 years younger than me this summer. it was very unusual for me to be attracted to someone that young and at first i was cautious about getting involved even though he did not look younger than me and was quite mature or so I thought at that point...It did not work out between us but it was not because of the age difference, he was not looking for a committed relationship...If I were you, I would take a chance. He may be worth it.

I had a disastrous 2 year relationship when I was 29 and he was 22. He just wasn't as mature as I thought he was.... it started cropping up when he wanted to go drinking all night with his buddies instead of keeping early hours and getting up in the morning like an adult. Then it just grew more and more obvious that we were living different lifestyles. I was in grad school and working, he was undergrad and working.

No reason not to try, but the sooner you can figure out what he likes to do when you aren't with him, the better

Similar to COtuner's boyfriend the guy I was seeing was into going to the bars with the buddies which probably explains how easily he found someone else once I went abroad for 3 weeks...All my friends warned me - don't get involved unless you're doing it just for fun... You should decide what you want out of it and your guy may be different than our experiences... Despite all the tears and broken heart, I know I would have regretted not taking a chance because I would have been asking myself whether I missed to take a chance on what could have been the love of my life. Follow your heart and intuition and forget about the age difference!

When i was 18 , my gf was 21.Turned out she was immature.I dated another girl recently, did not work out with her either.Just to let you know -I get a good number of passes from girls in my college , around my residence, even in malls & complexes.So i have always had plenty of women to choose from but so far i haven't found the right girl.

If the woman is level headed and not too old-or atleast in terms of looks , i have no problems none whatsoever,even if she is 10 years older.I'll most probably not bat an eyelid to commit if she is nice, warm intelligent & loyal.I somehow have had a natural preference for older girls since my early teens or may be before..

I hang out with a few cougars at a club inside the mohegan sun last night..we went over to their table because we thought they were our age. come to find out they were 42,35 and 37...I couldnt believe it. they looked really good. One of showed me pics of 5 of her kids. i was like no way. It was a fun time, there were fun and sexy.

Archived