We keep looking at each other...

Roberto34

It's a protection thing. "Hello I'm flirting with you, but see my ring?" She's said that she has a boyfriend so that makes interaction with you safe. Some people use it before they meet someone to cheat, because it somehow makes it "right" ("hey, I told him I had a boyfriend but he still slept with me").

In this case, maybe she thinks you're cute and/or funny and wants to know you more or be your friend. Same rules apply. Make her laugh! She'll wet her panties!

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LMFAO!! Thanks, Moto!! I hope you keep an eye on this situation and continue to offer your priceless advice.

I appreciate it!!

Thing is, it's hard to hold her attention with her looking away so quickly. However, I WILL try and do the things you've suggested.

I haven't spoken with her in awhile, so I'll try saying "hi" to her in the morning, and then try and do the gestures throughout the day if the chances present themselves.

Thank you!!

Thing is, it's hard to hold her attention with her looking away so quickly.

If that happens, then do the gestures before you look at her... and afterwards wink and smile. I used to do that to this girl. It really broke the day up, having a laugh like that. Had an absolute riot and I barely talked to her. And she gave fantastic head from what I remember!

I hear you, but the thing is, she's in a different dept., and we're in each other's line of site...but not directly.

Also, it's not like she's eyeing me like that, haha!

It would be different if we were accross from each other or something. I like your suggestions, and I will try and make it work somehow, someway.

Thanks Moto!!

OK, well today she and I made eye contact a few times...Again holding it long enough that we each "knew," but still briefly (too briefly). We also did the "you caught me so I'ma look away fast" type as well.

When I wasn't paying attention, my friend told me that she'd be looking at me more than a few times.

I really MUST go and talk to her soon. What do I say though??

I thought I had the chance this morning to say hello, but again, that didn't happen because she moved away too quickly.

I don't wanna storm over there and do it all "surprise!" like. I'd like to approach slowly, acting as if I have a purpose to be over there, and then say "hello" to her. I don't want to come accross all desperate, but it has been over a week since we last spoke.

I don't care anymore, I think this girl is interested. Only she knows why she brought up her man, but I don't care anymore. She keeps looking at me for a reason, and I'm gonna go ahead and find out as to why.

Thanks to anyone with advice, or that has provided me with advice along the way.

-Roberto

When she mentioned that she had a boyfriend was she talking to you?Or someone else?Maybe she didn't think you were paying attention and thus said it,to keep the other office wolves[men ] away.Start a conversation,any kind of conversation,it's not really important what you say but you have to say something.Don't be so concerned with closing the deal and asking her out the next time you have talked to her.You haven't developped any kind of rapport with her at all yet.See how friendly she is when you start the conversation ,I don't care how shy she is ,she should converse with you[even if it is diffcult].After the conversation you should get a much better indicator of her interest,if she mentions boyfriend ,well it's time to move on.If she doesn't, your likely still in the game and can make your move soon but not necessarily the next time you talk to her.

Bruins...Yeah, she said it directly to me. It was just me and her around. Your are 100% correct, I just have to start a convo and see how she reacts.

Today, we both caught eyes, same ol' sh*t. Nothing other than that. Just the same 'ol.

I gotta approach her and see how she reacts to me tomorrow. It's been too long since we talked. If I don't say anything to her tomorrow, come next Monday, it'll be 2 weeks!

OK, I'ma say something to her tomorrow I hope.

Thank you, Bruins!! You are right about the things you said. It shouldn't matter, and I don't have to worry about asking her out the next time we speak, I just gotta see how she reacts to me and all that.

Thanks again.

Bruins...Yeah, she said it directly to me. It was just me and her around. Your are 100% correct, I just have to start a convo and see how she reacts.

Today, we both caught eyes, same ol' sh*t. Nothing other than that. Just the same 'ol.

I gotta approach her and see how she reacts to me tomorrow. It's been too long since we talked. If I don't say anything to her tomorrow, come next Monday, it'll be 2 weeks!

OK, I'ma say something to her tomorrow I hope.

Thank you, Bruins!! You are right about the things you said. It shouldn't matter, and I don't have to worry about asking her out the next time we speak, I just gotta see how she reacts to me and all that.

Thanks again.

Mmm,I don't like your odds after hearing that she said that to you directly.It can be easy to misjudge staring and eye contact.Nevertheless,my advice is the same start a conversation with her again.

OK Bruins...I'll do what you said.

I have to have this convo and make my move very soon because I found out that she'll be leaving 1st shift and going to her normal shift very soon. (At work, we train whoever on 1st shift until they're good to go on their own.)

---------

Today's Update:

I caught her looking yet again, a few times, but it's getting more intense. I believe it's because she knows she'll be leaving the 1st shift.

I honestly get the feeling that she wants to talk/wants me to come over there really bad. I also get the feeling that she wants to tell me something.

Monday, I am going for it again. I will talk with her. I don't have much time left, and I'd like to try and get her to come out with me soon as well. Maybe hot chocolate or something. Coffee is blah, haha.

If it's "no" or she brings up the BF again, then I am officially done with it. On Monday, it'll be 2 weeks since I last spoke to her. She told me about the BF and I haven't said anything since.

I don't care anymore. Sometimes when you want something really bad, you really have to go for it. Come Monday, I'm going for it!

I just want to thank everyone that's helped me so far. Thank you!!

Sounds good but try not to read a lot into the eye contact thing,there might be other reasons for her staring.There was a girl who went to a library that I go to a lot and she seemed to be staring at me a lot ,when I conversed with her she was friendly but when I asked her out she turned me down flat,so maybe I misread her staring I don't know.

Charles F and Bruins: Thank you very much, and I appreciate both of your guys' advice.

Charles: I will talk with her and see how it goes. I won't ask her out 'til I feel better about the situation. However, I WILL ask her, because I don't wanna end up with the "what if I would've..." on my head down the line.

Bruins: I hear you on the eye contact. Like I said to Charles, I will be sure to feel her out talking with her, but I MUST ask her so I don't have regret.

Thanks again, fellas!!

I hope it goes well. I have had girls turn me down because they were seeing someone else. It feels bad for a while. But, now that I look back on it, girls have been interested in me when I was seeing someone else. It just happens that way sometimes. I don't regret asking someone out. The only thing I would change is that I would be more confident in asking them out and have a cool, confident, response ready in case they say no.

Alright everyone, I've got to speak with her tomorrow, just to get the ball rolling. Hopefully, this will lead up to me being able to feel her out and end up asking her out later in the week.

Tomorrow will be exactly 2 weeks since I've spoken to her/approached her. How should I do it? Just go up to her and ask how her weekend went?? That's really all I've got.

Basically "How'd your weekend go? Did you do anything fun?" I know, I'm lame...but it's all I can do without sounding cheesy as hell.

Hopefully she'll say more than "OK," and we'll have a convo.

I need some encouragement, because I don't want this to end in a "what if..."

I know I have to just relax and be confident, but that's easier said than done when it comes to her. I'm into her that much. I can talk to anyone and everyone, but when it comes to her, I'm like a scared little boy, haha.

Thanks everyone.

I say definetally have about three things in mind you can talk about. Maybe look up conversation openers on the internet to get ideas. Be prepared. I would maybe start with something like, "I haven't talked to you for a while. How have you been?" Maybe ask about her weekend after the conversation starts.

Also, be yourself and try not to be nervous. Keep in mind that if this doesn't work out , there are allot of other great girls out there.

Yeah, great advice Charles. After I posted, I actually thought about how I could say that exact thing of "I haven't talked with you for awhile...how've you been?" and then go from there about the weekend. Haha...

When you said it, it made me feel that I'm going the "right way" about it.

Yeah, the biggest thing will be for me not to appear nervous.

Of course, I have the "perfect scenario" in how it'll go in my head. However, I know that the odds of it going down like that are next to nil.

I just gotta go about it however it presents itself. Most of all though, I just gotta DO IT.

Thanks, Charles!

Well, I'm 100% thoroughly PISSED at myself.

I had at LEAST 4 chances today, including 1 that was PERFECT for me to go and talk with her, but guess what this idiot did?!?!?

You got it, NOTHING AT ALL. Now it's gonna be over 2 weeks since we spoke, and I keep thinking that she's losing interest by the minute.

I'm at the point where I should just forget about it, and just continue in my isolation. I put myself through so much when I fail to talk with her. I get so mad at myself, that I become depressed.

I know that if I don't say anything, obviously, nothing will happen. I NEED TO TALK TO HER, BUT I CAN'T DO IT!!

Everytime that I'm near her, I just act like I don't even care, when I do in fact care. I really want to talk to her, yet I don't even look at her.

She looked at me a few times this morning, but that's all I noticed today. She even came near my area like she does in the morning to put on the lotion or whatever. Of course, I was helping someone, so I missed that shot.

UGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!! Why do I do this?!?!?

She's probably getting very close to giving up on me if she hasn't already.

You're right about that, but thing is...Will I actually do something about it? More than likely, I'll be here again tomorrow saying how much of an idiot I am because I did nothing about it once again.

I'm such a coward. I can't even say "Hi" to her. How much of a wimp am I?? I can't even wave hi to her...or smile when she's looking.

It's not that I don't want to, it's the fact that I turn into this little coward. Then, I just come here and complain about it.

This is such a vicious cycle I've gotten myself in.

All I want to do is to be able to build up a rapport with her, get her and myself to feel more comfortable around each other, and then be able to ask her out.

Why can't I do this? Why is this so hard, and why am I so damn scared?? I don't fear the rejection, so WHAT is it that I fear?!?!?

Yes, that's the thing. When I begin to go about talking with her, my heart gets beating fast, and I can't think straight.

She has these eyes that when I look at them, I just get lost. I think she's beautiful as well.

She's very quiet and reserved. I like that very much, she's not all obnoxious and loud like some women I've come accross.

That's all I know so far about what sets her apart. I of course want to know more...much more.

It's not like she's been mean when I've gone to talk to her, despite me looking so foolish and lost when I've tripped over my thoughts/actions.

I guess if I fear something, it's that I'll go over there and we won't have a "constructive" conversation. I'm worried about just "how are you?" and her being "good," and that's all.

I start to panic as it is, and with my heart and head racing, it makes it worse.

Nope, I never smiled at her, but I want to. Most times she looks away really fast when I catch her looking. Sometimes we look at each other for a few seconds, and then we look away. This puts me in a situation of "should I smile, or is she gonna turn away now?" I get the thought that maybe she thinks I'm no longer interested because of the way I've acted the past 2 weeks.

I haven't even spoken to her in 2 weeks after I asked if she'd like to join us for lunch upstairs. She said she likes to go outside, and hesitantly brought up how she can talk on the phone with her man.

If you go back some, you can read about all of this. Not sure if you want to, or if you already did. I was just pointing it out in case you were interested.

Nope, I never smiled at her, but I want to. Most times she looks away really fast when I catch her looking. Sometimes we look at each other for a few seconds, and then we look away. This puts me in a situation of "should I smile, or is she gonna turn away now?" I get the thought that maybe she thinks I'm no longer interested because of the way I've acted the past 2 weeks.

I haven't even spoken to her in 2 weeks after I asked if she'd like to join us for lunch upstairs. She said she likes to go outside, and hesitantly brought up how she can talk on the phone with her man.

If you go back some, you can read about all of this. Not sure if you want to, or if you already did. I was just pointing it out in case you were interested.

I will go back and read but do you think she might not ever thought you were interested?

Archived