how to go out with girls out of your league?

psychoanalytical

Hi,

How do you date girls out of your league?

Had some thoughts about this... hear me out...

1. It's not about she being out of your league - unless your still in high school.

2. Find someone who have things in common with you - not superficial stuff... because attractive girls who are into superficial stuff most likely won't be into you, unless you are a chick-magnet (which means you won't have probs with girls anyway). eg. things you love doing/have a passion for eg. writing, music... things you can do together.

3. Find someone who you can get along with - who you're comfortable around. As in you understand what she's like and you accept the person she is.

4. Do things with her and just act normally as you would with anyone else.

5. Get to know her. Take things slowly and just enjoy spending time with her rather than trying to push anything.

--> Success?

I reckon provided you're adequate looking (which is subjective anyway), financially viable, and loves what you do, then it should be easier than approaching just another hot girl who is going to blow you off.

When I was at university, the boyfriend of one of my friends told her that there are some girls who are so attractive that you don't waste your time fancying them, because you know you wouldn't get anywhere. He named me as one of the 'unattainables'.

His assessment of the situation was a load of absolute ********.

Your recipe for success sounds pretty good to me. Just because someone's attractive it honestly doesn't mean that they're a female of the dog species!

When I was at university, the boyfriend of one of my friends told her that there are some girls who are so attractive that you don't waste your time fancying them, because you know you wouldn't get anywhere. He named me as one of the 'unattainables'.

His assessment of the situation was a load of absolute ********.

Your recipe for success sounds pretty good to me. Just because someone's attractive it honestly doesn't mean that they're a female of the dog species!

Actually, it's not far from the truth. Very attractive college girls have ENORMOUS egos. They are valued much more highly than ANY guy on campus, and as a result they don't care for any guy because they think they're so much higher than all of them. David Beckham and Brad Pitt are the only men that are attractive to them.

Twisted, but true.

i'm confused? there are leagues?

i never thought this way except when i was in grade school. but then again i dated some hot girls in high school and i was considered a 'nobody'. i never thought of myself that way though.

I think a good deal of people believe in leagues, even if the idea of leagues isn't justified.

And in fairness I can understand why a person might believe in leagues. If a woman say is attractive, then she might feel she can get anybody she wants and doesn't have to settle with somebody considered less attractive.

I think a good deal of people believe in leagues, even if the idea of leagues isn't justified.

And in fairness I can understand why a person might believe in leagues. If a woman say is attractive, then she might feel she can get anybody she wants and doesn't have to settle with somebody considered less attractive.

So, dating someone less attractive is automatically settling?

I disagree with your logic.

Darwin wrote in "On The Origin of Species" that the very essense of life is the survival of the fittest (although the term was coined by Herbert Spencer). This implies that there are varying degrees of individuals in this world with different attributes (character traits, looks, anything) that allow them to succeed and reproduce. A league is just another term ( a poor one) for describing the nature of such attributes. People who have a higher potential to reproduce (attractive, strong) will be higher on the evolutionary ladder and thus at a different league than those who are weaker. It's only natural when there is a limited amount of resources to go around but a vast potential for population expansion.

Whether or not people choose to believe in leagues is irrelevant, because whatever term you give it, the struggle for life yields winners and losers. We are all aiming to be winners otherwise we would just commit suicide right now. So, to say leagues don't exist is to be completely ignorant to the single strongest impulse that humanity has. Survival.

I don't mean settle in that sense. I think an attractive woman might feel she shouldn't limit herself to an ugly man, since she can get anyone she wants.

bijoux27:

I don't think there are leagues, just different interests/cliques/socioeconomic/cultural backgrounds

But these are leagues by definition, aren't they?

Oh leagues exist. They exist in the hollow minds of shallow people. YOu have people who will only hang with othres in their social class, or their level of attractiveness, or education, or money. Happens all the time.

Fortuntately, most of us grow up and grow out of that phase.

I have one of the most ecclectic groups of friends around. They are from all social circles, race and income. Interesting people to me are interesting regardless of factors like class or race. Or looks. That to me is so childish.

Yea isn't that a crock? If dating someone less attractive is settling, then how does one date someone more attractive so as to not settle, if that person won't date him or her because then THEy would then be settling? LMAO

God save the cracker jacks for the kiddies!

that's called a stuck up .....

not someone that believes in leagues.

Yea isn't that a crock? If dating someone less attractive is settling, then how does one date someone more attractive so as to not settle, if that person won't date him or her because then THEy would then be settling? LMAO

God save the cracker jacks for the kiddies!

Exactly. It also implies that attractive people are more likely to have superficial relationships, and that unattractive people are more likely to have meaningful relationships. That is so not true.

People want this great equalizer. That good looking people have bad personalities, and bad looking people have good personalities. It's all a big joke though.

Archived