theory that 99% of women have bi-$xual tendencies!!

richmonder80

I were laying on the bed talking last night and she share something with me that was kind of a shock to me. She dated women exclusively at one point in her life, from 23 to 26. She is now 28. She said she doesnt like to label herself as bi but finds women very attractive (of course for obvious reasons...I'd be attracted to them if I were a woman).

Anyway, she said she had no desire in being a relationship with another female as she realized (although she still finds women attractive) they just dont do it for her.

This affirms my theory that 99% of women have bi-$xual tendencies!!

What specific theory is this? I know one that suggests sexuality is on a continuum, and people place anywhere along a line.

I wouldn't say I've ever had bisexual tendencies, but it doesn't completely disgust me either. I have kissed one girl and it's just not for me.

I agree as well. I am a firm believer that it goes both ways. I think that it comes a point where we as women tend to be curious about our sexuality. Once a woman is comfortable with her own body and the way it works-then yes it becomes a thought but at the end of the day it only matter if you act on those impulses.

I think that's just silly, and I don't get how this chat with ONE woman (unless I missed it and you were in fact laying in bed with 100 women) affirms your 99% theory. It maybe confirms that YOUR woman has bisexual tendencies at best.

But hey, whatever floats your boat. I'm off to have a naked pillowfight with my roommate before slipping into the ladies' changeroom hot tub at the gym.

I think that's just silly, and I don't get how this chat with ONE woman (unless I missed it and you were in fact laying in bed with 100 women) affirms your 99% theory. It maybe confirms that YOUR woman has bisexual tendencies at best.

But hey, whatever floats your boat. I'm off to have a naked pillowfight with my roommate before slipping into the ladies' changeroom hot tub at the gym.

NICE

Personally, I have never even had a sexual thought about another woman in my entire life. I like being a woman, I think we are great people, but nope, no fantasies, daydreams, imaginings, nada. I must be in that elusive 1%! It's not that I thing it's weird or anything, I think it's as normal as being completely hetero, I just can't imagine a woman's body turning me on. Now give me a hairy chest and wide shoulders and we've got something going on in my mind, let me tell you!

Personally, I have never even had a sexual thought about another woman in my entire life. I like being a woman, I think we are great people, but nope, no fantasies, daydreams, imaginings, nada. I must be in that elusive 1%! It's not that I thing it's weird or anything, I think it's as normal as being completely hetero, I just can't imagine a woman's body turning me on. Now give me a hairy chest and wide shoulders and we've got something going on in my mind, let me tell you!

YOu are in that 1%. The fact that you like hairy chest eliminates 99% of the women out there.

The continuum theory seems to hold up still.

I personally don't consider your friend to have bisexual tendencies, actually.

Yes, she acted on them. But at the end of the day - if she is saying women do nothing for her other than she finds some of them attractive (of course, any one can find anyone attractive without necessarily being attracted to them), than I consider her to lean more to a straight person.

A straight person who got caught up in a time when being a woman and testing sexuality is fashionable in some groups, even encouraged, but for sure not looked down upon like it used to be.

Being frank, I think that's not uncommon. But it's not what bisexuality, or having "bisexual tendencies" is about.

That is just experimentation. Whole different ball game than what is driving a person from inside, and what really turns them on.

I do however think that a lot of sexuality is conditioned and learned, more so than we ever used to think. Less of it is and less of it is as fixed and inborn as we used to imagine.

I think of it as very flexible. Some of us are more "adaptable" in our sexual preferences and turn ons than others. That's all.

Yeah, that makes sense.

To take that further - I think that our world is still more accepting and there is more options as a woman, at least in many people's minds, to having a life with another woman than two men.

I think that social conditioning plays a big part still in there being more openly "bisexual" women out there than men.

In other words, I think we haven't seen the whole side of the true story yet!

What we are, who we are attracted to isn't the only or even key point of how a person chooses (or takes automatically their orientation for granted, as it seems right) to orientate themselves.

A lot of people live in a default. Though I do believe some people, are just not interested and are perfectly content with that default@ - like some genuinely straight people! They know what they like and they like it a lot. lol.

thinking women are hot and going through with actually sleeping with them are 2 totally different things.

Thank you Ghost.

Rich....

I must be in that 1% then. The very thought of having sex with another women makes me nauseous. I think you WISH more women were bi.

Yeah, I agree...I have no idea where you get this 99% based on a conversation with 1 woman.

99% yes.....

LOL sick..O!

...and all this time I thought you were flirting with me.

I'm hurt.

I was, but you're too late. I decided to be straight again. Ya snooze, ya lose. haha

that's why dyt comes over all the time. to see my dog.

True. And cause I like your tatts. But don't tell UMA....

99% huh? hahah.

I am actually bisexual, but most woman I know, have never had a bisexual thought, ever.

If I were to take a guess, I would probably say 30-40% of woman have thought about/or have dated other woman.-That is a random guess.

Bisexual isn't two girls making out when drunk- for attention. If it was, the percentage would probably be close to your theory!

Everything is a continuum. Keep hold of that!

Sure, a lot of straight people may be at one far end of the continuum.

It depends on genetics, the sexually dimporphic nucleus, the age of your mother during pregnancy, the testosterone dosage in the womb in the second trimesta, environmental influences, personality, frontal cortex functioning, etc etc.

I could be really controversial and suggest that gender is also a continuum...

Archived