"a week late" (but I'm irregular anyway)

cichlid

So you mean...that with my health insurance card...it doesn't come back in any way, shape or form? They won't know anything I've done with the card? And, yes, I have my own insurance card with my name on it but it is under a company plan for the family.

So I could go to planned parenthood or somewhere like that and nothing will is released...I mean that I was at a certain place and did this, this, and this. They would have no records of anything? Not even a statement saying that I had an appointment?

PS: thanks for the PP locations. Though I know where mine is...I swear I'm going to take a picture one day. It's right between a mattress store and a Christie's Toybox.

Ooooo...my PP has a 10% off if I go get a keychain from my school's newspaper website thingie...

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
you can induce your period with parsley tea? how does that work?

I've heard lots of people that swear by it on some livejournal forums.

link removed

Never tried it so I did...bleh...tastes REALLY BAD! Anyway, parsley is considered a mild emmenagogue.

Well, I have gotten a migraine (typical of period time) and my tummy is now cramping badly. Great...I spend $10 on a pregnancy test and now NOW my period is like, haha here I come! >.

I plan on talking to BF about the need for getting on BC. He'll be happy, though. At 24 he knows that he is not ready to be a father and wants to minimize that chance. Later this week I think I will drag one of my good friends to PP with me (I want to get on the NuvaRing and she is using it too). My BF gets back in 3 week so my birth control might be up to its full effectiveness. But we have a BUNCH of condoms left so I'll try to use both forms of protection.

ETA: still no period.

Just updating that there still isn't any period. Should I get more pregnancy tests or just assume this is just a a random occasion of being REALLY LATE. My other two pregnancy tests came back negative. One was taken in the middle of the day (negative) and the other was taken this morning (negative). Not even a faint mark.

*sigh*

I think after this, I really should go get those regions checked out. Something is not right with how my body works. I look at my sister and she gets her periods like clockwork.

Hopefully my well documented periods will be enough to cause some real concern. I've been getting some slight pain back and forth in the area near my ovaries.

So I finally was able to get a hold of the BF. He's been out of state for the past 3 week for a cross country vacation. 3 more weeks and he is back, though! I told him that I am late. All was silent on his end of the phone. He doesn't like the idea of a kid obviously! Neither of us is in a position for one. But then I told him that I did take a some pregnancy tests and that all came back negative. He was relieved but still worried about this lack of a period. He also hopes that the odds aren't against us since we always use condoms and the pregnancy test said no. It's been 3 weeks since we last had sex!

He said to keep him informed but poor guy is probably scared just a little bit even though he tries to act calm. He kept wanting to know if I was lying. I told him about the random bleeding. And the fact that I am now at 43 days and my longest was 46 days. That did not make him feel too well at all.

Help! Should I go get more pregnancy tests?

I don't know, it's hard to say. You'd think after 2 negative tests..but then again, there are those rare occasions where you do get false negatives.

Is it possible to get into Planned Parenthood or to your doctor in the next few days? Maybe you should consider the pill? It really helps regulate things...

Given your bf's reaction you might want to consider then abstaining unless you are willing to have abortion be your method of birth control. I don't fault him for not wanting to be a daddy - at all- but if that is the case then you both need to reconsider birth control options. Being irregular, this "scare" could recur.

I think the general rule is to take a test every 3-4 days if you are late.

However, given your earlier posts on this thread, I really think that you should see a doctor. They can do a blood test to rule out pregnancy and might also be able to research why you are irregular.

One benefit of being on birth control pills aside from it helping to prevent pregnancy is that it can make your period become regular.

Also his reaction is not a good one. I would seriously think about preventing pregnancy with this guy.

Given your bf's reaction you might want to consider then abstaining unless you are willing to have abortion be your method of birth control. I don't fault him for not wanting to be a daddy - at all- but if that is the case then you both need to reconsider birth control options. Being irregular, this "scare" could recur.

I dunno when he gets back I am going to talk to him about it. I want to get an IUD but I have no money so that's on hold (I've never even had a gyn exam so that's more money!). And hormones are out of the question. We've never had problems with our current birth control and we've been having sex since early February. Always been responsible and stuff!

I dunno if I could have an abortion. I might just put the kid up for adoption but it would really hurt my career right now if I were to get pregnant so...when he gets home we are going to talk about this. It's one of those topics best talked in private and not over the phone. I was careful what I said this time around and mentioned wanting to get an IUD in the future. I mean he knows that I want more reliable birth control.

I just feel depressed now.

Also his reaction is not a good one. I would seriously think about preventing pregnancy with this guy.

Oh, I know. But I mean if someone sprung that on you while you were on vacation...how would you feel? It's shocking news but his reaction seemed to be more that of shock, questions, and trying to relax me.

But I predict my answer for when he gets back will be less sex and more BJs...and probably much less action for me. I can't blame him for maybe going down on me every 3 BJs that I give him. I do take a good 20-35 minutes to get off.

I don't think I qualify for the pill since my aunt has had some issues with blood clots in her legs.

Your aunt having a blood clot doesn't mean you can't take the pill. My father has blood clots in his legs and I took the pill for 14 years with no complications.

With any hormonal form of birth control there is a risk or blood clot, but being of a healthy weight, exercising regularly and not being sedentary and a proper diet can all help to prevent blood clots.

The pill is a risk factor, but if you prevent other risk factors the risk is fairly low.

It does sound like your boyfriend is not ready to be a father so I would definitely pursue other, more reliable forms of birth control if you want to continue to have sex with him.

I agree with Hope - an aunt is potentially a lot more removed genetically speaking than you'd think. My aunt (mum's sister) died of breast cancer in her 20s - so for a long time mum didn't want me to go on the pill because of the potential link. Eventually it was necessary, so I went. The doctor said to look at it this way. You have half your mum and half your dad in you, right? And your mum has half her mum and half her dad right? So her sister has half the same mum and dad....but not necessarily the same parts.

There are a lot of pills out there - if you are vigilant and tell them about anything that might be a side-effect then there should be nothing to worry about.

Well good!!! Now make that appointment with your doctor because by your age your periods should be relatively regular. if they are not it could signal a deeper problem. The doctor could figure out that your perfectly normal if irregular or they could say something else. It is well worth your time to go.

Well good!!! Now make that appointment with your doctor because by your age your periods should be relatively regular. if they are not it could signal a deeper problem. The doctor could figure out that your perfectly normal if irregular or they could say something else. It is well worth your time to go.

Will do! I'm going to see who my mom goes to and make an appointment so that it is covered by the insurance. >.

Sounds like a great idea. I know that she is anti doctor, but tell her that you wish to see about your period. While there the doctor might actually try birth control to regulate your period. You can kill two birds with one stone that way.... Regular periods plus added protection and your mom doesn't even have to know the other reasons...

Sounds like a great idea. I know that she is anti doctor, but tell her that you wish to see about your period. While there the doctor might actually try birth control to regulate your period. You can kill two birds with one stone that way.... Regular periods plus added protection and your mom doesn't even have to know the other reasons...

Unless there is something medically wrong, she will probably tell me to deal with it. But I can always go to PP and easily get on BC with all that stuff.

I have a nice little excel spreadsheet to show her with graphs and everything.

Actually if you don't want your Mom to know, it is better to pick another doctor than hers. The doctor could make a comment like, you have a lovely daughter and your mother will know you'd been to the doctor. He didn't disclose any medical info, but that could give you away accidentally.

Look up your insurance and find another doctor on your plan. Also, call to make sure that they send the bills directly to the cardholder, not the plan holder (your mother).

Actually if you don't want your Mom to know, it is better to pick another doctor than hers. The doctor could make a comment like, you have a lovely daughter and your mother will know you'd been to the doctor. He didn't disclose any medical info, but that could give you away accidentally.

Look up your insurance and find another doctor on your plan. Also, call to make sure that they send the bills directly to the cardholder, not the plan holder (your mother).

You make a good point...

Hmmm...I think I might see if my school will take my insurance. I know a pelvic exam with certain insurances costs like $20 there.

Archived