Dating application

kevinm

So I've been talking to a friend and she is making a dating application. Yes, that's right folks... an application to fill out for perspective daters.

My question to my fellow enots is this: What questions would you put on the application?

-Kevin

So I've been talking to a friend and she is making a dating application. Yes, that's right folks... an application to fill out for perspective daters.

My question to my fellow enots is this: What questions would you put on the application?

-Kevin

How exactly is that going to work? Does she actually give a questionnaire to people who have asked her out on dates and expect them to fill it out?

I would not make a questionnaire if it were me, I'd just tactfully engage in conversation and try to pick things up based on a lot of factors including what the person says and their body language.

-Kevin

put a few qualifiers in there. Something that you are looking for, not what your mates or other people are looking for.

Be very specific. I wrote in my online dating profile. "I am looking for 21, female, 5 ft 8 blond hair, with blue eyes and a degree - if you dont fit this description, please dont reply." Im not bound by just looks alone, but why look for something you dont want, its just silly.

Anyway what exactly is a dating application - are you sending them to women to fill out?

Be very specific. I wrote in my online dating profile. "I am looking for 21, female, 5 ft 8 blond hair, with blue eyes and a degree - if you dont fit this description, please dont reply." Im not bound by just looks alone, but why look for something you dont want, its just silly.

seriously?!?! you put that in your profile? any answers?

My serious question: What relationship goals do you have for yourself? What kind of relationship would you ideally want to be in (not necessarily with me, but what do you see for your own future)?

Reasoning: I've taken the time to figure out the answer to that one myself, let's see if you have put in that much effort (on your own behalf) as well. If you have, we have a way to compare if we might be heading toward the same thing or not. And, yes, I did ask my husband this question fairly early on when we first met.

My semi-serious question: Do you have a TV in your bedroom? If not, do think it's ok/desirable to have a TV in your bedroom?

Reasoning: It's a pet peeve of mine. I happen to think the "correct" answer to both questions is "No," and it is/was an important enough reason to take a pass on someone. I know from first hand experience with an ex how much a TV in the bedroom irritates me...why put myself in a situation I know really, really bothers me?

I can respect that. You've taken the time to figure out what you want (I was always surprised by the number of people who didn't when I was single and dating).

I also respect the fact that, if I was a single gal who didn't meet that description, you wouldn't be wasting my time, either.

This is not for me. But yeah, it is an application. The theory is basically to get past all of the "must haves". For example, if you will not date someone without a college education, then why not qualify that? It could be anything really.

-Kevin

When and where does she intend to give out this application and does she really think a guy will want to go out with her bad enough to fill it out?

I'd laugh if somenoe gave me an app. I'd ask him if he thought my name was McDonald's or something and if he wants a billion served he's got the wrong chick LOL

This is not for me. But yeah, it is an application. The theory is basically to get past all of the "must haves". For example, if you will not date someone without a college education, then why not qualify that? It could be anything really.

-Kevin

I agree with the intent. I must because I took a similar approach to dating when I met my husband.

However, not everyone appreciates/respect that kind of bluntness. Like any approach, it will work extremely well with some people, so-so with others, not so well with others, and it will make some people think your friend is a complete freak.

My thought on that was/is: if it puts off someone, there's probably some incompatibility there anyway.

-Kevin

Maybe I'm old-fashioned but I think it's quite odd...whatever happened to going out with the person, seeing if you click, seeing if the must-haves are there, and if not, walking away? I guess this is more efficient but it just seems very strange to me--I can't really believe someone would do this--but to each her own! I doubt she'll have much luck getting guys to fill it out--I think it will push away/alienate them but that's just my opinion.

Humm, I don't believe the intent of the application is to be so serious. There are some serious questions, but also some silly ones. For example, she put on there a question concerning religion, and what if any the applicant practices. On the same level, asking if a person crumples or folds their TP. So yeah, it does contain some serious questions, but is also light enough to be some fun too.

-Kevin

I'd laugh if somenoe gave me an app. I'd ask him if he thought my name was McDonald's or something and if he wants a billion served he's got the wrong chick LOL

Yeah, this is what i was thinking. I could imagine a room full of women screaming waiting to fill out an application for him... or not.

Humm, I don't believe the intent of the application is to be so serious. There are some serious questions, but also some silly ones. For example, she put on there a question concerning religion, and what if any the applicant practices. On the same level, asking if a person crumples or folds their TP. So yeah, it does contain some serious questions, but is also light enough to be some fun too.

-Kevin

Even if a joke it is tacky. I dont think many will find much humor in it, particularly since this will go to people she doesn't know well and just dating.

Eh, honestly, it wouldn't bother me to fill out an application. I'd rather get the "stuff" out of the way. Just like others have pointed out, it's not a bad thing to have standards, and if someone does not meet those standards, then why bother to date them?

Again however... this thread is not so much to debate the theory of the application. This thread was intended to evoke some questions from the forum. Here's an example of the types of questions:

15. When done showering, I take the towel and:

A. Throw it on the floor or in the laundry, I'll get a new one tomorrow anyway

B. Neatly fold the towel and return it to the towel rack

C. Return it to the towel rack, but who cares if it's folded or not

-Kevin

Eh, honestly, it wouldn't bother me to fill out an application. I'd rather get the "stuff" out of the way. Just like others have pointed out, it's not a bad thing to have standards, and if someone does not meet those standards, then why bother to date them?

Again however... this thread is not so much to debate the theory of the application. This thread was intended to evoke some questions from the forum. Here's an example of the types of questions:

15. When done showering, I take the towel and:

A. Throw it on the floor or in the laundry, I'll get a new one tomorrow anyway

B. Neatly fold the towel and return it to the towel rack

C. Return it to the towel rack, but who cares if it's folded or not

-Kevin

LOL. okay my answer to that is C. LOL

Did i pass?

LMAO. Kidding.

Do you have kids?

Do you have issues with being faithful?

Are you a Christian?

Do you have any type of addiction?

Have you ever been convicted or pleaded guilty to a felony? Misdemeanor?

Have you ever hit a woman?

Do you have a close relationship with your family?

Do you have a problem with dating someone who does and goes where she wants when she wants?

Do you cook?

Do you have an education?

Do you work out and eat healthy?

Are you a freak in the bedroom?

(my application would be page after page after page)

Archived