Rant: good bye on-line dating!

Clementine orange

I have deleted my Plenty of Fish profile out of pure spite!!!

So goodbye:

1.) to all you women who didn't read or couldn't even bother to read my carefully crafted email

2.) to all you women don't put enough in your profile to give me a "lead in" as to how to construct the first contact (but then complain that men always mention the same thing)

3.) to the girl who looked really promising and we got along great but then decided to go back to the ex (after complaining about him plenty)

4.) to the several girls who did not resemble their profile picture in anyway whatsoever and gave me some serious sticker shock at the cafe.

5.) to the girl who wasn't a girl - thanks for the surprise - good luck with that by the way.

I'm going to go back to meeting women the traditional way...hitting on my friends sisters and randomly talking to strangers.

lol to 4 and 5... i can relate to 4. (=

i don't know about deleting your profile though. just take it for what it is... just another avenue out of hundreds of different ways you can meet new people in life. one really easy way to bum yourself out is to take too much stock in it. if you don't, you'll see it in a different way and who knows who you might meet in the future.

Guys seldom look like their picture, either. Everything you listed above, men do also. If you know how to work it, it works. Be a good writer, no, be an amazing writer and it is so easy! Be funny, sexy, a bit mysterious, and most of all, come off as non-threatening. Give it time, it does work.

Guys seldom look like their picture, either. Everything you listed above, men do also. If you know how to work it, it works. Be a good writer, no, be an amazing writer and it is so easy! Be funny, sexy, a bit mysterious, and most of all, come off as non-threatening. Give it time, it does work.

You are so correct jigsup........Men do it too.....It didn't discourage me though. It was kind of entertaining to see how far a person would go to land a date.......How they could bend the truth.

I did all that....didn't work. I think the odds are stacked against the guys for on-line things.

Why did they delete your account lillie? Didn't you just create it?

Yep i only created it last Saturday was it? Well i was a member all of 2 or 3 days!lol I kept trying to sign in & couldnt. Then i did a search of my profile,couldnt find it so googled the problem. Not because i really wanted to get into my account but because it had me baffled. Anyway i found a webite by POF saying that sometime the spambots accidentally delete profile,so i presume thats what happened to mine..

I did not break any rules so what else could it be? Im not bothered anyway,it was too fast for me. Im too suspicious for online dating i think. I mean they were ok but not for me..

Wow! I can understand your frustration.

I'm a woman, and I've considered online dating, but I'm really hesitant about it. I understand the philosophy about kissing a lot of frogs till you get to the princes (or princesses), but...I'm not really sure that's for me, at this point.

Reading your list made me think, particularly about the one where the woman doesn't look like her picture. See, I THINK I look exactly like recent pics of me, but I wonder if a guy would meet me in person and think I don't. I'll have to show my pics to friends and say "Ok, which of these looks MOST like me?" and then use those! Maybe I'll just post the pic that I have in my ENA profile -- LOL! I think it looks a lot like me, actually, and several friends have concurred!

I'm sorry this hasn't been a great experience for you. The one about the woman going back to her ex...ugh. I suspect that happens a lot -- people sign up for online dating to get over an ex, and then suddenly the ex waltzes back into their life. Sad.

Anyway, you might just take a break for a few months and try again later. I've decided that if I ever do try online dating, I'll start by only doing it for about 60 days, and if it's stressing me out, I'll take a break from it for 60-90 days and try to meet people in other ways.

I realise it must have been slightly traumatising, but I can't stop laughing at numbers 4 and 5!

Don't necessarily delete your account in a heated moment (I realise it might be too late.) If possible wait a few days, and see if you still feel the same way.

If its any consolation, from what I've read of your posts on this forum, you seem like a very funny and interesting guy. I'm sure lots of girls would be interested in you.

And I'm 100% female. Swear to God

I know a girl who told me that she had 81 replies within a few days of having her profile up. The next thing she said was annoying ' but I won't reply to any of those I just messaged the ones I want' or something like it. I don't like online dating either it serves only the needs of women which is no real change from going to a bar.

I realise it must have been slightly traumatising, but I can't stop laughing at numbers 4 and 5!

Don't necessarily delete your account in a heated moment (I realise it might be too late.) If possible wait a few days, and see if you still feel the same way.

If its any consolation, from what I've read of your posts on this forum, you seem like a very funny and interesting guy. I'm sure lots of girls would be interested in you.

And I'm 100% female. Swear to God

Already deleted but I still have my OKcupid one. But...I am very dissillusioned about the whole thing.

Lavalife was a complete write off - one girl even wanted me to email her a PDF of my bankstatement - * * * ?

Isn't there any women who are normal out there???

Clementine, have you tried a pay site? Sorry for the bad luck.

Did you at least get to first base with #5 though?

AHA hahaha! Bad you, servedhot!

Dude looked like a lady! Classy...

I've never tried the online dating game, and don't want too. To me, it sounds like a waste of time and energy.

Archived