Ex boyfriend messaged her a sketchy message

It isn't ok. I said that in my first post that violence against either sex is wrong. I did look up your other post and you are right, nobody posted that she was wrong to slap him. For what it's worth I agree with you on this point.

None of that justifies the abuse. If a man is getting that sort of treatment from his partner he should leave - not hit her.

I am only about 1/2 way through this thread, but for whatever it is worth, the female poster that created the thread in question PMd me with the thread, and I did take her to task for hitting her bf.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...

Wow! Going back through this thread makes me realize even more that I definitely made the right choice by not being with her. I can now see how selfish she was. That letter she wrote was all about her and it proves that she would have broken up with me to be with him if he was willing to be with her. I'm glad I didn't delete this thread.

Theoretically, anything here could have been a ruse! The original text ... her reply ... his reply ... her phone call. You can chase down that rabbit hole indefinitely. It all comes down to a matter of trust. I believe in trusting until proven wrong. If your gf is lying, you will surely find out soon enough.

Worst case scenario is that your gf made some sort of overture to her ex that he flat out rejected!!! Very unlikely. Let's assume for the moment, however, that it's true. Her indiscretion would have been what? Being a bit wobbly on an ex she had feelings for. Unless she has a string of exes for whom she has feelings, his very firm rejection would seem to have closed the book on that as a practical matter. I stress that i do NOT think that's what happened ... it's just too d**n complicated.

Zack.

Agree's with Zack the man on the this! Just trust ur gf! That's all u can do.

Also Zack could u plz change ur advatar. ( hurts a sleepy tired working women's eyes here) Sorry.

wow. it's all her her her her her (just like raykay said). she sounds very narcissitic. I was reading the first half of the letter as if I were you and thinking, "Ok, and WHY do I care about your exbf?????" this woman is a headcase. she doesn't care about you, all she cares about is herself. And this exbf of hers, heaven forbid she gain 8 pounds, because he will leave her again.

i think you need to run and stay away from this woman. she is a drama queen and doesn't love either you or the ex, only herself.

So true so true! Hey I'm advailable!

Wow! Going back through this thread makes me realize even more that I definitely made the right choice by not being with her. I can now see how selfish she was. That letter she wrote was all about her and it proves that she would have broken up with me to be with him if he was willing to be with her. I'm glad I didn't delete this thread.

yeah, it's good to take some time and the go back and re-read something you wrote a long time ago. Things can definitely become clearer with time.

Archived