My boyfriend threw me across the room...was it my fault?

De Tourvel

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey De Tourval,

The best advice I can give is to take things slow and be honest with yourself and him about what you can reasonably expect to give. It's not a healthy coping mechanism to jump into dating someone else right away, because it allows you to ignore your feelings that need to be faced in order to recover.

I wish you the best of luck!

My advise this is a learning experience, but if he does it once, he would do it again and he needs couseling and you are not his gurdian angel. I telling you this because it happen to me years ago. You do not want a battering person in your life, he is not going to change and has no emotional inteligence. I guess this happened for your best, there is a lot of loving people out there, but you have to see the signs and be selective.

Remember if you go back, it will happen again. Love do not hurt.

Focus on your self and heal.

Is my best advice, do not call him. Do excersice or other activities to have your mind occupied.

• 1 year later...
He had plenty of recourses. He could have simply left. Stepped over her. Called the police if she was hysterical. And so on. There was no reason to resort to violence. I don't follow your logic at all JadedStar.

I TOTALLY AGREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! I was abused by a total jerk. And someone it was always my fault. Now granted I never dragged his leg and begged but he still pushed, kicked, punched, choked and slapped me. HE WAS A CHEATER TOO.

Lets get out of LALA land here and bring up the facts. He flipped on you because he was mad you erased a number he wanted to keep for A REASON! A reason I think even Stevie Wonder can see through. He probably wanted her and you at the same time. I don't care if you grabbed and tied his shoelace to your arm, and he had to untie it or cut it with a knife to rid you off his leg, for him to get this angry and trip out like this..he wanted out and he wanted to hurt you. NEVER take this jerk back.

If he was that obsessed with is ex and got so pissed at you for taking the number and was hanging out with her? He may of been cheating.

He doesn't sound like a good guy and has rage issues.

Being in Criminal Justice, I can tell you now that if a guy ever raises a hand to you (even if he just makes the gesture) or pushes you against the wall hard enough for you to bleed, he WILL do it again. Even if it hadn't happened before, his rage got the best of him.

You could even charge him with aggravated assault, or violent intent and put charges against him, that should teach him. Then leave him. That's what I would do, push the law in his face.

He obviously has no disregard for you or your feelings. He sounds like he cares more about his ex.

LEAVE HIM!

Honey, him leaving is the best thing that could have happened to you.

There is NEVER ANY EXCUSE for physical abuse. It doesn't matter what you did or didn't do. Normal and responsible people talk about problems or things that bother then, they don't hit their significant other.

Heal from this, but do NOT take this guy back no matter what he says or does.

Was in a verbally abusive relationship that started out nice and got worse and worse and I was lucky that he left me too. I talked back to him and wouldn't let him bully me so he finally left me. I was so upset and thought what happened to the man I met in the first two years. Honestly he was hiding his real self and when he thought he had me emotionally he let out all his anger and control and self doubt on me.

I am now glad he is gone. Don't worry and instant and open your heart for a new person who treats you great. You deserve it.

tsk tsk tsk - you went through the phone and deleted the number. If it was bothering you that much, you should have spoken to him first. I suspect that you get jealous quickly - I know a couple of asian girls who are the same - while it can be normal to feel that way, you should speak to your partner first. Tell him how you are feeling. Talk it out....thats the only way. Had you done that, what he did wouldnt have happened.

While I do feel sorry for what happened to you - I kind of get the feeling that you brought it on yourself. First by doing what you did, then not letting him be.

tsk tsk tsk - you went through the phone and deleted the number. If it was bothering you that much, you should have spoken to him first. I suspect that you get jealous quickly - I know a couple of asian girls who are the same - while it can be normal to feel that way, you should speak to your partner first. Tell him how you are feeling. Talk it out....thats the only way. Had you done that, what he did wouldnt have happened.

While I do feel sorry for what happened to you - I kind of get the feeling that you brought it on yourself. First by doing what you did, then not letting him be.

No I totally don't agree with this. What woman brings on physical abuse? Maybe she brought on him dumping her but him hitting her? No..thats his issue not hers!!!

Archived