LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm hurting

I'm hurting

This is my first time in some time coming on here. I'm going to just say that I don't want to live anymore. Living hurts and I don't matter. I'm sorry for taking everyone's time with this, but it hurts to hold all of this in.

What's the problem? Why not share some details with us.

It's hard to get into details but I will say that I have struggled for years with communicating and connecting with others. It feels like everyone atters except me. If that is the case, fine, but I don't want to keep going on hurting and feeling like my pain means nothing.

What steps have you taken to improve your communication with others? How old are you?

Gold Member
    I am saddened to hear that you feel this way but you need to tell us more so that we may offer you some comfort and support, saku. You must matter to someone. Do you have family or any close friends?

Gold Member
    Originally Posted by SarahLancaster
    What steps have you taken to improve your communication with others? How old are you?
    I'd like to know too.

I think that two main thoughts to hold onto in times like this, is: 1.) Bad times are only temporary. They won't last and good times will happen again. But for now, you need to weather the storm, it will settle back down. 2.) What you're feeling can feel overwhelming. Unbearable. But do your best to remind yourself that these are only emotions. I mean that in the most gentle way. They cannot hurt you, they do not define you, they are not the whole truth or reality. It is emotions and nothing more. They too will change and settle back down.

There are many options to try to cope with all of the overwhelming feelings in the meantime. But you need to be brave and ask for help. If you are critical and have a very strong urge to take your own life, you need to either call emergency help so someone can take you to hospital or you need to take yourself to the hospital.
    Please do this...your life matters and you have every right to be on this earth and to be happy as all the rest of us. You just need a bit of support right now.

If you feel that you are very sad but no actual plans for suicide, then seek out help in the form of counselling or therapy. There are many helpful, supportive and caring professionals who will help your work through your emotions and worst problems and guide you to a better place and will teach you better coping skills.

There are also medications that can take the edge of the worst feelings and can ease the depression and anxiety back down. Many people have gotten better through the use of medication and in this day and age, we are lucky for that option.

Please do what you can to get help and to get past this upset. You matter, your life matters.

Originally Posted by SarahLancaster
    I'm sorry but I am not comfortable revealing my age. And I'm not sure the best way to answer what I do regarding communication. I make an effort but it feels in vain.

Originally Posted by SherrySher
    I think that two main thoughts to hold onto in times like this, is: 1.) Bad times are only temporary. They won't last and good times will happen again. But for now, you need to weather the storm, it will settle back down. 2.) What you're feeling can feel overwhelming. Unbearable. But do your best to remind yourself that these are only emotions. I mean that in the most gentle way. They cannot hurt you, they do not define you, they are not the whole truth or reality. It is emotions and nothing more. They too will change and settle back down.

There are many options to try to cope with all of the overwhelming feelings in the meantime. But you need to be brave and ask for help. If you are critical and have a very strong urge to take your own life, you need to either call emergency help so someone can take you to hospital or you need to take yourself to the hospital.
    Please do this...your life matters and you have every right to be on this earth and to be happy as all the rest of us. You just need a bit of support right now.

If you feel that you are very sad but no actual plans for suicide, then seek out help in the form of counselling or therapy. There are many helpful, supportive and caring professionals who will help your work through your emotions and worst problems and guide you to a better place and will teach you better coping skills.

There are also medications that can take the edge of the worst feelings and can ease the depression and anxiety back down. Many people have gotten better through the use of medication and in this day and age, we are lucky for that option.

Please do what you can to get help and to get past this upset. You matter, your life matters.
    Two years ago, I ended up in a hellhole of a hospital. The "help" I got while there was coloring or coloring outside or coloring in a small room because they don't have anything for us to do. I was talked down to when I tried to open up, I got chastised as if feeling sad was a crime. I spent eighteen days in that place and I walked out worse than when I went in.

I really want to believe that I do matter, but i'm sorry as this is hard to do right now.

Some places are like that, yes. I don't agree with all the help that is it out there concerning mental health patients. I think some places are strictly based on trying to stop the patient from taking their own life and to get them on medication.
    But you're absolutely right, most times a patient needs much more.
    Counselling, empathy, understanding, proper support.

For the time being OP, if you can't get into a more decent place, will you still consider going just to at the very least stop yourself from ending your life?
    Your life is so very precious. I know it's hard to see through depression and bad circumstances, but it doesn't have to stay bad for the rest of your life.
    Please consider this.

Is there any other hospitals or centers available or that you could get to that would be more helpful? Friends, family, suicide hotline, crisis centers, walk in center for mental health, etc.

You do matter...YOU DO. The depression is fooling your into believing it's not true. That's part of the condition, but it's not the truth.

Don't give up.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice