Confused

happychappie

Hi ive been dating a lady for a few months now. Im very much in love with her but doubt whether she is with me. I dont know if its me being stupid or not so after advice. I do all i can to make life easier for her. Driving her around minding her kids for her whilst she works etc... i feel like she does very little for me but i wont ask for help i think it should be offered like i do. Another thing is she comments on my children for example. We went out for a meal today and my sons meal, hes an autistic adult 18 yrs. Cost the same as our meal but we ordered a deal so she pointed it out how our meals cost less than his. Thats an example theres been other things. Whereas her kids eat 2 bites of their meal but nothings said. Her kids get whatever they want regardless of their behaviour but moaned at me about my kids behaviour and my punishments. Am i reading too much into this or am i correct to be concerned? We dont live together but have touched on the subject. Thanks

In only a few months, huh?

YOU are doing way too much to please HER. What are you getting out of this?

It takes TWO- and from what I see.. there are red flags :/.

This won't last.. you are already in distress, aren't you? And not 'happy'.

Do NOT go anywhere near moving in with her.. Why would you? Don't be crazy in this.

Slow it all down.. I doubt I'd stick around anymore... too many issue's... things are not running smoothly, right?

With two months in, it's infatuation, not love. The children should not have been exposed to meeting their parents new partner until the relationship became serious, which is far beyond the honeymoon stage. Read some articles and books on dating when you're a parent to see that this is common advice. Children don't need to get attached to, or stressed because of, people who could soon be out of their lives as soon as they entered. It's not healthy.

As it stands now, you're feeling unsatisfied with how you're treated. You've known the lady 60 days. Why move forward with her when you're not that invested to try to fix things with her? It's supposed to be the heady, honeymoon period but it sounds more like misery. Is your self esteem really so low as to settle like this?

Archived