Is it just casual sex?

mjoao93

I met this guy who i am very attracted to and decided to have sex with him. We both agreed it would just be casual being that we both got out of disappointing relationships and are not looking for anything serious. Fine. The issue is, after we had sex he became possessive. He checks my Facebook and gets upset if I'm chatting with male friends, and constantly asks me if I'm sleeping with another guy, which I'm not. I noticed he is still talking to other women but never question him about it because I thought we agreed beforehand that we weren't in a relationship. Prior to sex he said he would never get jealous because I'm not his girlfriend. Afterward, it was a whole different story. He said he wants to be free to possibly sleep with other women but doesn't want me interacting with any other guys? I "agreed" but continued talking to the guys because I felt it wasn't fair. He's continued with jealous fits while still talking to other women. I do like him but it's either a relationship or I'm free to do whatever I want. Does anyone understand what's going on here because I'm lost. And should I just cut him off? Thanks.

He said he wants to be free to possibly sleep with other women but doesn't want me interacting with any other guys? I "agreed" but continued talking to the guys because I felt it wasn't fair. He's continued with jealous fits while still talking to other women. I do like him but it's either a relationship or I'm free to do whatever I want. .

I agree with you that it sounds like he wants to have his cake and eat it too (for you to be exclusive and him not exclusive) and I agree that it’s completely unfair.

That said, you should be calling him it! Don’t compromise your integrity for this guy by saying one thing (that you “agree”) and doing another! This will only serve to fuel his suspicions and jealousy and frankly, you are lying. You are much better to simply confront him on the double-standard and let him know that you fully intend to talk to others.

If he can’t hack it, time to let him go. But really - don’t resort to sneaking and lying. You lose your point by being shady about it, IMO.

You know, people can tell you anything, but what they do is another matter. He's already becoming abusive, which is probably why his previous relationship didn't last. Now he's trying to abuse you. Bail out on him now. Get a restraining order on him if he won't leave you alone.

Yes, to elaborate, he is showing signs of abuse and trying to control. Those are huge red flags. He is semi stalking and trying to control who you talk to and how and when.

He also has his own set or rules versus yours.

You won't find anything good with this person, and as time goes on it will get much worse.

Cut your losses while you can and before he really becomes crazy controlling and abusive.

Get rid of him. Block / delete him off whatever social media or communication device you use to keep in contact with him.

You've had your fun, and now he's showing signs of someone who's untrustworthy and, possibly, mentally unstable. This level of jealousy is never appropriate, but even more concerning when you aren't actually in a committed relationship with one another.

There's plenty of attractive men out there who would be willing to have casual sex with you, and many of them will be decent, normal human beings. Go find them, instead of wasting your time with someone who isn't worth it.

Thanks guys, I ended it today after I found out he was sharing explicit details of my life with women he's talking to. Honestly the sex wasn't that great so I'm not hurt. He's revealed himself to be a real nutjob and I think I'm better off with no sex than dealing with someone so crazy. But anyway thanks again for encouraging me to do what I pretty much felt I should have done.

Archived