Should I contact or forget about it?

maccerz

There's a personal trainer in my gym who I've known for years, I used to do PT with him and we always got on pretty well. Awhile ago we matched on tinder and chatted a bit on it. Over Christmas when he was drunk he messaged me on it asking me on a date but nothing ever materialized. After that there was a period where anytime I saw him in the gym I'd just feel very awkward and avoid him. I eventually stopped feeling that way and started having chats with him again when I'd see him in there.

Last week I put an instagram story up, he private messaged me asking something about it and then started asking me how I was etc. For a week we were messaging back and forth on it nonstop but I didn't think a whole lot of it cause he didn't appear to be asking me out. Then the other night when I came home after a night out (I was a bit drunk) he was messaging me, he himself had not been out but he had been in his friend's and had had a few drinks. Anyway we were chatting away and he ended up asking me if I'd like to go for a drink with him. He gave a specific date and I told him I wasn't sure if I'd be working that day but that I'd check my roster in work and I'd let him know. I also said that if it did turn out I was working then I'd be happy to do a different day if he's available. He said that sounded good and to let him know.

The following morning we messaged a little bit but it dwindled quite quickly... I have this gut feeling that he may regret having asked me out. He didn't bring up the date the following morning and we haven't spoken since. I had said I'd let him know about my schedule but I'm a bit reluctant to now because what if he regrets it.. I use the gym a lot and would hate to feel like s*** going there because I messaged him and he didn't respond or shot the idea down. Am I better off just forgetting it?

Not only that, but he only seems to contact you when he's had a few drinks. Class act!

If I were you, I'd have selective amnesia and just carry on with the gym as usual.

He contacts me soberly but he only seems to actually ask me out when he's drunk, but yeah that can't be a good sign haha

Yeah I think that's probably the best plan

There's a personal trainer in my gym who I've known for years, I used to do PT with him and we always got on pretty well. Awhile ago we matched on tinder and chatted a bit on it. Over Christmas when he was drunk he messaged me on it asking me on a date but nothing ever materialized.

Why did this date never materialize?

Anyway we were chatting away and he ended up asking me if I'd like to go for a drink with him. He gave a specific date and I told him I wasn't sure if I'd be working that day but that I'd check my roster in work and I'd let him know. I also said that if it did turn out I was working then I'd be happy to do a different day if he's available. He said that sounded good and to let him know.

The following morning we messaged a little bit but it dwindled quite quickly... I have this gut feeling that he may regret having asked me out. He didn't bring up the date the following morning and we haven't spoken since. I had said I'd let him know about my schedule but I'm a bit reluctant to now because what if he regrets it.. I use the gym a lot and would hate to feel like s*** going there because I messaged him and he didn't respond or shot the idea down. Am I better off just forgetting it?

Well all I have to say is "fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me."

I wouldn't take anything he says seriously.

To answer your question, yes forget about it.

Archived