Wife's Facebook 😘 Blowing kiss emoji

Married 11 years average to good relationship. I discovered that my wife sent a message to a co-worker, male, that said: happy birthday, friend followed by😘(The wink blowing kiss emoji). Almost like we are just friends right wink wink. The bigger issue is in her activity history on Facebook this is the only activity she removed. When confronted she denies anything inappropriate. Am I being paranoid or is it a legitimate concern?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hearts and kisses and whatnot may just a be a girly kind of thing. She could have sent the same message to her mother or a girlfriend. Are you going through her phone and worried about this? It doesn't sound threatening.

I discovered that my wife sent a message to a co-worker, male, that said: happy birthday, friend followed by😘(The wink blowing kiss emoji).

Prior to this I observed on her phone that the same guy sent her a text that said thanks for the crackers and cookies you left on my desk. You know I like sweet and salty.

Your right it could all be innocent and I guess that is why I am reaching out. I just don't understand why she would delete that message from her activity history and nothing else.

Why are you checking her phone? This sounds like much deeper issues in your marriage than a coworker thanking her for a snack or bday wishes to a coworker. Perhaps she is finally asserting some healthier boundaries by deleting it and as a countermeasure to your chronic snooping. It sounds like you create drama when you snoop and she's avoiding that.

She knows I check it.

We share a Facebook account and the text I saw when we were in the car while she was driving. You don't think there is any irony in placing 😘 After the word friend? Or saying sweet and salty just the way I know you like it? Maybe I am being paranoid but definitely odd.

Interpreting this remark as some type of covert sexting is letting your imagination run wild, no?

I observed on her phone that the same guy sent her a text that said thanks for the crackers and cookies you left on my desk. You know I like sweet and salty.

No we were in the car and just acted like I did not see it. This ws back in December so it might be hard to bring it up now. Previously, she told me he was a good friend and walked her to her car and brushed the snow off her car. Just stating he was a nice guy.

If I had to guess she would probably drop it as I am confident she loves me and the life we created. It woould've only been a physical thing during a period when we were having infrequent sex like 2x per month. Now it is back to 2x per week and I am probably to blame for most of dry spell.

Srrigr, affairs happen.

Tomorrow, millions of broken men will stand in a courtroom wondering how in the world they got there.

How has the marriage been in the past few years? Did she say anything negitive about you or the marriage? Any mention of regrets, etc.

In meantime:

Secretly purchase James Dobson's "Love must be tough" (Never let her see this book)

Archived