Ex girlfriend keeps blocking and unblocking me on Facebook

I know there are alot of these on here but my ex does the whole blocking and unblocking thing every single week. What does this mean? I blocked her back in June 2016 when we stopped talking and I unblocked her in October when I thought I was ok wih things and a day or two later she blocked me instantly. But since then she blocks and unblocks me every week to this day! Me and her were together over two years. If one person could just read this and answer me. I've drove myself mad that I've turned to he internet to ask...

A VERY VERY SHORT backstory. We are each others first loves. We got together in 2013 madly and blindly in love too much to see how unhealthy our relationship was things got rocky after he first 6 months I started struggling again with drug addiction at this time. I had first cheated on her due to some particular things back in 2015 (I'm horrible I know BUT she entertained someone people behind my back though nothing serious that I would consider cheating just flirting when things got rough I think maninly looking for attention I stopped giving her) anyways she was upset when I told her but wanted me still anyways, I eventually let her go a few months after because I just couldnt force my feeling that were there anymore. Few months later she gets official with someone else, of course I wanted her back and realize how much I ed up amd what I lost however me and her continued to hangout and have sex multiple times while with this person. Then 2016 comes she dumped that person to get back with me when I got my life together, got clean and changed back to the person she first fell inlove with times 10. I was trying to make everything right, make up for my wrongs and treat her to things I couldn't before and treat her even better than when we first met etc.

So she gets home I propose on valentines she accepts whole week she acts funny blames it on the engagement being too soon but I knew it wasnt that I knew there was someone else... I broke up with her and she didn't care, tried me with the whole "well if thats what you think is going on between us thats fine but I wasnt cheating" I basically saved her the hard part and did her the favor by breaking up with her. The person was actually at her house which caused me to break up with her that day so she hung up on me and continued her night with her. This of course left me crazy and begging for her back she ignored me the whole night.. so we talked the day after she said she would get back with me but we need to smooth things out first well a week later I see on fb shes in a relationship with this person and I was crushed. I kinda knew I was being led on anyways. This led to more arguments but like she did with the last person me and her would hang out sometimes and have sex every single time.

I was drunk and got a little psycho and angry one night because she wouldnt tell me she loved me (I know pathetic) I text her current partner letting her know everything that we have done and the times we had sex, but they stayed together anyways but my ex cut me off which I knew she would. I was upset for awhile because I knew she would never talk to me as long as she was with this other person and no matter what me and her had been through we have always kept contact. So this has been the absolute longest I've gone without contact with her. This whole break up has been embarrassing for me as I acted like a unstable nutcase the whole time and after the last phone call I had with her she probably thinks I went crazy. But believe it or not I have gone back to normal lol and got back to working, going to school, got a car...just all around bettering my self and trying to recover from this horrible break up. No one had EVER made me go this mad.

Sorry I tried to keep it short theres alot more to the story and our problems but I don't think that matters when my only question is what does her constantly blocking and unblocking me mean? I know she won't reach out to me in fears I would reach out to her partner again but I also get a strong feeling that if I did reach out she wouldn't respond either. She is obviously still being sneaky because she only blocks me when shes with her partner and unblocks me when shes not. They live far from each other so Shes told me before they see each other most weekends which is now usually when Im blocked.

Now I know the relationship is over guys, trust me I know. Am I Completely over her? Obviously not but I'm accepting she will never be in my life again friend or girlfriend no matter how much I wosh was different. But if she asked me back would I say yes? Probably because I'm still not 100% over her but my brain knows its over and lines have been crossed that one can't come back from. I guess I just wanna know why maybe someone would do this? also on her instagram the first day she blocked me, me and her always used the blue and purple emoji hearts to each other it was our thing forever, and she has never used them anywhere or with anyone else since we broke up except in the caption on a pic of herself the day she blocked me...ugh seee this has me reading wayyy to much into things now lol.

If you made it this far I commend and greatly appreciate at you taking the time to read my mess and also hopefully respond! Thanks so much. I still struggle with this break up not as bad as it was but it still bothers me alot

Yes I know it is and I know its ridiculous but I'm just curious. I get I need to "move on with my life already" would love to be 100% over her. But it is something that bothers me and I can't help that.

and yes I stated I unblocked her awhile ago...

If you blocked her a while ago, than how would you know if she blocked and unblocked you on a weekly basis? As I could remember, if I blocked someone on FB, I can't see anything regarding them. Even if they comment on a friends photo or something, I can't see their comment. I get it, you are not over her so everything she does bothers you. That's why I said, block and delete. It's the only way if you want to completely heal. If you choose to keep lingering on and hoping there is hope, than I'm not sure what to tell you.

To answer your question, she's just playing mind games with you. It's really juvenile and immature.

I was referring to Hollyj's post when I said "Yes I stated I unblocked her awhile ago." I'm not denying that I didn't have her blocked. I even say I unblocked her in October in the post.

Other than that I agree with you and its really that simple. I feel really stupid asking this now and wish I never posted this seeing that I can't delete it. Such a foolish question for such a simple answer. Idk I guess I wanted opinions. I know I have a lot of work and moving on to do and just trying to read into this pointless mess doesn't help me with any of this. But thanks anyways

Don't feel dumb for asking. It's normal to feel the way you do when you are not over the person. This is what this forum is for. When you have a weak moment, it's better to ask the question on here than to go and contact her.

Everyone is here to help you NOT to do it. To remind you that you need to heal and thinking about her or contacting her is not a good idea. Just continue with the no contact. Just tell yourself STOP when you find yourself wondering about her. Eventually, it will pass. It always does.

Unfortunately the on/of overall nature of things has now just translated to block/unblock. Same dynamic and games.

To stop this insanity go no contact and delete and block her from all social media for good.

These games could hold you back, don't engage them. By now you should be out dating already, not deciphering this nonsense.

Thanks guys for the replies. I will say my peace and leave it at this. Like I said I know this was a silly question especially reading it back. Its been going on for awhile as I said but idk I got bored and started thinking about it and wanted opinions. I'm not going to act like I'm completely moved on and ok, its obvious I'm not or so wouldn't have made an account, wrote all this and most of all even check to know When she has done this, but these days I am a lot better about the break up than I was this time last year. I was a complete wreck.

I will say I have zero urge to contact her thru this theres nothing to even talk about especially as long as shes seeing this guy and more importantly, I know it would just make things worse for me and I would again make a fool out of myself. So that isn't the issue and not asking if thats what I should do but when shes the one who chose another guy over me. I don't see why she cares to keep tabs on me that frequently. So yes it has been something I often wonder about which eventually led me to posting here.

Like I said in the post I know the relationship is over and yes I have let such a foolish/bad/immature relationship bother me way more than it should. Can't tell you how many people that just want to slap the hell out of me because of how bad I had let it effect me. But she was my first girlfriend, my first love and yes the whole thing still kinda bothers me. I don't however appreciate the whole "I should be dating other women by now" because hey, everyone is different. I have dated around a bit but nothing serious or worth keeping just fun but I have stopped dating for now I'm more just focusing on bettering myself, my life, career and most importantly learning to love myself because I don't and I know I could never truly have a healthy relationship when I don't love myself at all and have character flaws I personally need to change within to make someone happy and still have inner demons I need to face and fix from the past in general to truly be happy going forward in life. I have struggled and still struggle with severe depression, anxiety and social anxiety since I was 13 years old. And as I also mentioned severe drug addiction for about 7 years I started that at 15 which has made everything even worse in my life with family, relationships and especially mentally over the years. This has been the longest I have been full blown clean. Never lasted staying fully clean for anymore than a months time. I would stay off my drug of choice but continue to drink or smoke which always led me back. But since July 20th, 2016 I have been completely clean from everything and haven't touched any mind altering substance or intoxicant since. So I am proud of that alone.

Now I don't make it a point to check her fb every single week but when I first unblocked her I did every week and up until January of this year. But now its more of checking a couple times a month when I'm not doing anything and alone just to see because when I'm alone and bored I get in my head and thats when I tend to think about her the most I usually have been keeping myself busy with work, school and friends however now I just assume its the same weekly pattern. I mean I still check obviously to know she still does this so I'm not downplaying my involvement in seeking her out but believe it or not she isn't on my mind every breathing moment nor does she affect my daily life with her actions like it did last year as I have made it seem. But it still bothers me to an extent as I stated.

But we are on no contact and have been since May of last year. I haven't spoken a word to her on the phone, through text, facebook, instagram etc. at all since then. She hasn't reached out to me and I haven't reached out to her. Nada, nothing. I unblocked her back in October because I was going thru my blocked list and saw her name I thought I was ok with everything so I was like "you know what I'll just go ahead and unblock her" and actually didn't even go to her page after I blocked her until a couple days later and thats when I saw she had blocked me pretty quickly, which then led to a punch in the gut for me and showed I wasn't too ok with it all which dragged me back a bit. Then a week or two later I was going through my fb and saw one of my old posts with her and thats when I realized she unblocked me so that then led to me checking all the time. So if she was trying to get my attention it has worked.

Obviously she avoided me at all costs since the day we stopped talking because her bf found out about everything from me so even if I did want to talk to her she wouldn't talk to me anyways. As I said I'm ok with not talking to her now. I'm just at the stage now where I just miss the girl and just often think about the good times and forget the bad. I'm past the being angry and sad stage, just miss her and wonder. Funny because when I see to see if she has blocked me thats all it is I don't creep on her page just type her name in to see and leave it at that. It gave me satisfaction knowing she clearly thought about me enough to do that. I can't say shes too wrong for what she did to me because I did the same to her once upon a time and I definitely hurt her too. I wasn't the best boyfriend at one point too. We both messed up and had our faults in the relationship. Hey maybe it was my karma. Just wish I didnt get back with her when I had moved on the first time when I couldn't have her back. You guys dont need to worry about me contacting her I've never even really considered it because again I know what it will do to me. And I have come far enough already. But I think I will take everyones advice and just go ahead and block her and leave it at that. I guess I didn't want to block her because I didn't want her to think I was hurt again, ignore her and make it seem like she doesn't faze me while she continues to block/unblock so she looks like the silly one, but in reality she got my attention and won and I'm feeding into the game without her knowing but I have a feeling she knows. Like I said it gave me that false satisfaction So I know in order to move on I just have to let go of all that completely and keep doing what I'm doing. I probably could of been over her by now had I just left her blocked in the first place and kept going about my life but playin around and checking still keeps me around and hinders my ability to move on.

Sorry guys again for the story I like to write and especially when its about my feelings I tend to just let it all out. Doubt anyone will make it this far but its out there now. Oddly feel better and hearing everyones "come on get real and stop" and not pittying me for or even letting me play into this crap put alot into perspective. Sometimes you need people to give it to you straight and not sugar coat things and play the violins for you while you pitty to realize how silly something is you're doing. I'm doing it I'm blocking her and carrying on. Again thank you guys

Archived