She kicked me out

m.d.

So Im coming home after a year spent in Germany and I meet changed locks. Notice Im coming home October, November and May, last time we have phone contact is March. Is this normal?! Shouldnt I be upset? How the hell you throw somebody out with no notice?

Is there something I can do? Im 23.

Yeah, the mom, shes the 2nd coowner, I have very good contact with my dad. Case is, should I brush it off or what to do

Because I know Im adult I shouldnt be complaining about not living with a parent, but I was not noticed at all, like WHAT THE HELL. If that would at least happen on location, I just get a place nearby. I care about this specific place, like I had plans regarding it. The app is bought so its almost a cost free living. Do you think i should stick out for something

you have acted incredibly entitled and disrespectful to her. i think she finally decided to liberate you so that you can learn to live independently and responsibly. you have received some very sage advice on the threads about your mom. people who cut the umbilical much sooner than you are telling you it was a gift to be made to grow up. believe them.

rent a place. Hell on Heels had some very good advice about finding yourself kicked out and making it on your own. i would reread the past threads.

there are three roads to insight. cognitive and emotional routes are usually the ones we take when we actually put effort into gaining insight. if neither the cognitive nor the emotional component budge, it'll be the behavioral component when a situation forces you to outgrow your previous self. you're there now, sometimes Life itself is the best therapy. you can't really enter the appartment. so what's your next step?

Previous threads for reference:

OP hated her mom for letting her live in her home all-expenses paid because she didn't buy her a new pair of shoes.

Frankly, I don't blame her. Life's too short and it sounds like she gave you what she could. The warnings were all there for you to prepare yourself.

you have acted incredibly entitled and disrespectful to her. i think she finally decided to liberate you so that you can learn to live independently and responsibly. you have received some very sage advice on the threads about your mom. people who cut the umbilical much sooner than you are telling you it was a gift to be made to grow up. believe them.

rent a place. Hell on Heels had some very good advice about finding yourself kicked out and making it on your own. i would reread the past threads.

there are three roads to insight. cognitive and emotional routes are usually the ones we take when we actually put effort into gaining insight. if neither the cognitive nor the emotional component budge, it'll be the behavioral component when a situation forces you to outgrow your previous self. you're there now, sometimes Life itself is the best therapy. you can't really enter the appartment. so what's your next step?

I pay for the basics, I never wasa parasite. In the worst case I will buy my own stuff, but I will not be wasting money on rent. My question was she is not the only owner, so could I still take some action. Whether she had rights to do that or how she feels and so is irrelevant

And why wasn't I noticed more than a year ago when I left? Then I have all this time to buy my own spot and when I come home Im in the same situation as where I left off. Since I dont have to then I dont buy. Now she spoils another year of my life. Because I will not be wasting money on renting

You can do exactly nothing. You are 23. Your mom doesn't need to keep you anymore.

Exactly. She owes you nothing. Clearly she believes you're now an adult and should make your own way, and rightly so. She doesn't have to advise you on changes the locks. You no longer live there. Your sense of entitlement leaves one speechless. I almost get the feeling you are messing with us.

I pay for the basics, I never wasa parasite. In the worst case I will buy my own stuff, but I will not be wasting money on rent. My question was she is not the only owner, so could I still take some action. Whether she had rights to do that or how she feels and so is irrelevant

And why wasn't I noticed more than a year ago when I left? Then I have all this time to buy my own spot and when I come home Im in the same situation as where I left off. Since I dont have to then I dont buy. Now she spoils another year of my life. Because I will not be wasting money on renting

HAHAHAHA. "Worse case" you'll be self sufficient? That's rich.

Unfortunately not at 23. Your mother can change the locks. Has she been giving you notice/asking you to leave or did you abandon the residence for months/yrs by choice? Are you welcome to stay there for a while?

If your belongings are still there get a sheriff to go with you to go get them if she's giving you a hard time or won't let you in. Did she get a new bf or a tenant/boarder while you lived away? Parents are not obligated to enshrine their kids old rooms. Are you still welcomed to visit?

So Im coming home after a year spent in Germany and I meet changed locks. Is there something I can do? Im 23.

Archived